PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: Update[9-23-10]★SharkieROM v1.3★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Where is windows media player? i tried streaming air traffic control but it wont play...
Old 09-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (USC)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Kevinik is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Better yet, can you post your T-Mobile cab? Hopefully I can just incorporate yours into StedySoft Provisioning and remove the one that's there.

OK, so I've removed the "phcanOverbmp.dll" file from the T-Mobile cab. That's the file that has all the taskbar icons in it that are overwriting the default one's in the ROM. If you wouldn't mind risking having to reflash, can you try the cab I've posted and let me know if it works? I'm not too experienced at this aspect of things and so I"m not sure that it will work. It seems to me that this file is unnecessary. We'll see... Please let me know...
First of all I don't use any T-Mobile cab, I always set it up manually.

I ran Clear Storage to delete all my settings and installed the T-Mobile cab you posted. But when I rebooted my phone after the install same problem with the taskbar icons appears... I'll look up later for a T-Mobile cab, if I found one that works well I'll let you know.

Last edited by Kevinik; 09-28-2010 at 08:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Where is windows media player? i tried streaming air traffic control but it wont play...
EDIT* Nevermind...

Last edited by Kliptik; 09-28-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Sharkie removed WMP in the newest build. He took a general consensus, and the result was that nobody really used it. You can probably find a CAB for it around somewhere.
I orginially wanted to remove WM player, but I couldn't because sooooo many things were dependant on it. I would have had to change the format of a lot of sound files and and several other things that kept trying to call on WMP when I had removed it totally.

In the end I only ended up removing the .lnk and icon of WMP, so the program is still in there and, I believe, it should function normally when called upon by other programs. I don't know anything about streaming air control though. What is it doing when you try to play it?

Since the point of originally trying to remove WMP was to save space and removing only a .lnk and an icon doesn't really save much space, I'm going to put those back in the next release. I'll probably either leave out Nitrogen next time around or have it install as a cab at boot as I don't really like it, but I know that several here do.

I've posted a cab with the 2 files that I removed. Installing this cab will put the link back in "Multimedia" in the start menu. I've tried the cab and it works. I still don't see why that could cause your issue, but that's all I've done to WMP.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
I orginially wanted to remove WM player, but I couldn't because sooooo many things were dependant on it. I would have had to change the format of a lot of sound files and and several other things that kept trying to call on WMP when I had removed it totally.

In the end I only ended up removing the .lnk and icon of WMP, so the program is still in there and, I believe, it should function normally when called upon by other programs. I don't know anything about streaming air control though. What is it doing when you try to play it?

Since the point of originally trying to remove WMP was to save space and removing only a .lnk and an icon doesn't really save much space, I'm going to put those back in the next release. I'll probably either leave out Nitrogen next time around or have it install as a cab at boot as I don't really like it, but I know that several here do.

I've posted a cab with the 2 files that I removed. Installing this cab will put the link back in "Multimedia" in the start menu. I've tried the cab and it works. I still don't see why that could cause your issue, but that's all I've done to WMP.
Thanks. Ill try to play it again b4 i install cab.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:

I stand corrected. I edited my post so I don't mislead anyone else... Thanks Sharkie!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work

Hi Sharkie,

I installed the CHT2.0 beta on top of your 6.5 ROM two days ago, and it's running very well. I've had no major (and very few minor) problems with it. It seems to be very stable. I've had no crashes.

Personally, I don't like the look of the bottom bar and it's very blah icons, but hopefully it's skinnable. (Yes, I know it can be disabled.) I'm also not thrilled with the icon options. I was hoping it would allow more functionality. I tried to use one of the Custom options with my favorite program, but the icon showed as a white square.

Yeah, I know ... it's beta.

I like that when you switch pages the entire contents move, not just the quicklinks. However, that and the new bottom bar seem to be the only really big changes to CHT. Frankly, I was expecting something more dramatic. But overall, I'm happy with CHT2.0.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Glad to hear! Thanks for letting me know! Yeah, all the icons in CHT are skinnable. I've been working on making new ones for them all. Adding new icons to the bottom bar definitly made a big difference in how I felt about it. With all the widgets and what not I actually don't have to do much slider sliding at all. It's pretty sick!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
No I'm about to load it now.
It is WICKED, but there starting to look more like andriod UI... On my Epic the bottoms are almost the same. I'm loving it, Do you have a Rom without CHT 1.8.5.1. posted in one of your threads? So I can get a clean slate.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
It is WICKED, but there starting to look more like andriod UI... On my Epic the bottoms are almost the same. I'm loving it, Do you have a Rom without CHT 1.8.5.1. posted in one of your threads? So I can get a clean slate.
the latest rom cht is via cab so you just, on fresh flash uninstall cht and then install new 2.0 and its fresh

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development