View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Parasurfer1979
PPCGeeks Regular

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: Update[9-23-10]★SharkieROM v1.3★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I orginially wanted to remove WM player, but I couldn't because sooooo many things were dependant on it. I would have had to change the format of a lot of sound files and and several other things that kept trying to call on WMP when I had removed it totally.

In the end I only ended up removing the .lnk and icon of WMP, so the program is still in there and, I believe, it should function normally when called upon by other programs. I don't know anything about streaming air control though. What is it doing when you try to play it?

Since the point of originally trying to remove WMP was to save space and removing only a .lnk and an icon doesn't really save much space, I'm going to put those back in the next release. I'll probably either leave out Nitrogen next time around or have it install as a cab at boot as I don't really like it, but I know that several here do.

I've posted a cab with the 2 files that I removed. Installing this cab will put the link back in "Multimedia" in the start menu. I've tried the cab and it works. I still don't see why that could cause your issue, but that's all I've done to WMP.
Thanks. Ill try to play it again b4 i install cab.