PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to SLCMotor
Re: Backing up settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgross View Post
Sorry for not understanding fully, but to back up all the quicklinks and the settings, can I just export the highest level folder with the registry keys? For example to back up the quick links, can I export [CODE][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\ and it will take all of them and for settings use ][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila] and all the settings will be exported?

After I figure this out, I'll ask how to import on your new upcoming ROMS.

Thanks,
JSG
Yes, I use Resco Registry and selected the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\ everything under that and Export.

Then when I needed to, I loaded my Registry program, selected Import and then selected the *.Reg file whatever you named it. It imported the registry settings and all my widgets, quicklinks etc. were back.

Hope, this helps.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty46 View Post
Nothin'

I made the icons bigger (1.2) because I had them at .8, thinking maybe it was my big clumsy hands and I now had success once in about 15 tries. At least I now know it works, although the large icons are throwing off the feng shui that is my home screen Maybe it's tied into the screen sensitivity.
Either way, it's flaky at best even with larger icons. I'll keep trying it out until the next release, only because it's sooo friggin awesome and it's only a minor thing for me.
Also noticing as I play around with it more and more (now that I know it works), I can't get in if it's displaying an alert on the screen--0% success rate with alert on the screen, maybe 10-15% success after I close out of it. Am I dreaming this last part?
if I'm not mistaken, it's your alert that's messing with things. edit widgets/click on the alert/click the box to remove. then try accessing again---I believe one of the beta's said that the alert box caused issues with notification widgets-------don't quote me though. Try it without and see if that helps

EDIT: if you like seeing previews---I usually use S2U2...plus it has S2P with it. I just make sure I turn off MaxSense auto lock

Last edited by ffkip911; 06-01-2010 at 10:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jsgross is just getting started
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Calendar Bugs

Hi. If you go to Sense Calendar and tap on an appointment a screen pops up with a menu tab at the bottom. One of the options under that menu is "propose a new time", you can select and set a new time or day, but the bottom tab does not change from "send" to "done". I actually saw it change a few times, but most of time the "done" tab did not appear and the new set time could not be finalized.

JSG
Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Calendar Bugs

Hi. If you go to Sense Calendar and tap on an appointment a screen pops up with a menu tab at the bottom. One of the options under that menu is "propose a new time", you can select and set a new time or day, but the bottom tab does not change from "send" to "done". I actually saw it change a few times, but most of time the "done" tab did not appear and the new set time could not be finalized.

JSG

one work around I use is "edit" instead of "propose a new time" tested a few times and it works up and down my exchange (phone to server to multi-computers)

alright, "propose a new time" is for exchange sent calendar appts. this "should" send an email back to the original sender of the appointment (assuming this was done through exchange) if you are not getting appts sent from work (ie your assistant is sending them to you) don't use "propose a new time"-----it won't do anything. if you are setting up you own appointment via phone or comp, use "edit"

Last edited by ffkip911; 06-01-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
one work around I use is "edit" instead of "propose a new time" tested a few times and it works up and down my exchange (phone to server to multi-computers)

alright, "propose a new time" is for exchange sent calendar appts. this "should" send an email back to the original sender of the appointment (assuming this was done through exchange) if you are not getting appts sent from work (ie your assistant is sending them to you) don't use "propose a new time"-----it won't do anything. if you are setting up you own appointment via phone or comp, use "edit"
I would be fine with that except that whenever you do that you get a prompt that says" you may want to let the meeting organizer know that you changed this, etc" and you must hit "ok" to get past this. This extra screen is annoying.

JSG
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I would be fine with that except that whenever you do that you get a prompt that says" you may want to let the meeting organizer know that you changed this, etc" and you must hit "ok" to get past this. This extra screen is annoying.

JSG

lol, annoying, yes, but at least it works unlike "propose a new time" sounds like you're on an exchange server....don't worry about it unless your assistant sends you an apt on the road you cant attend...i'll usually call them and have them change it on their calendar which will come down the exchange and onto my phone...
Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
lol, annoying, yes, but at least it works unlike "propose a new time" sounds like you're on an exchange server....don't worry about it unless your assistant sends you an apt on the road you cant attend...i'll usually call them and have them change it on their calendar which will come down the exchange and onto my phone...
I'm not on an exchange server. I do housekeeping at the end of a day and anything that I did not get to that day, I move to the next day. In Palm we used to have a floating appointment that kept on moving until we stopped or deleted it. I guess these are really more like tasks which I could use for this function, but tasks do not show up on the same screen as the calendar.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I'm not on an exchange server. I do housekeeping at the end of a day and anything that I did not get to that day, I move to the next day. In Palm we used to have a floating appointment that kept on moving until we stopped or deleted it. I guess these are really more like tasks which I could use for this function, but tasks do not show up on the same screen as the calendar.
yes, in Winmo that is a task--and it will continue to be pushed back until it is completed...tasks can be filled out either on your comp and synced or on your phone----but I don't see tasks for notifications---ask Big

I use tasks frequently too----that would be a nice addition

Last edited by ffkip911; 06-01-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

krusty46 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
if I'm not mistaken, it's your alert that's messing with things. edit widgets/click on the alert/click the box to remove. then try accessing again---I believe one of the beta's said that the alert box caused issues with notification widgets-------don't quote me though. Try it without and see if that helps
That was it! Turned off alerts and its much more responsive. I'm feelin' like a noob as I missed that post.

Thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty46 View Post
That was it! Turned off alerts and its much more responsive. I'm feelin' like a noob as I missed that post.

Thanks
no worries
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development