PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

tp2rox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Just flashed the color rom today. Very pretty. Very nice. Great eye candy.

Question/Request: is there a cab floating about to get Phone Lock to show up as one of the programs which can be assigned to a button? I know that turning the phone upside side will do the trick. But would like a dedicated button.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2rox View Post
Just flashed the color rom today. Very pretty. Very nice. Great eye candy.

Question/Request: is there a cab floating about to get Phone Lock to show up as one of the programs which can be assigned to a button? I know that turning the phone upside side will do the trick. But would like a dedicated button.
S2U2 uses power button
S2P is a media player

as far as settings fro s2u2
general--lock when device wakes up --ON..do the others as you wish
power--all OFF

this makes the power button a one tap lock

everything else do as you wish. s2p will auto start when headphone is pluged in---its a nice player
Attached Files
File Type: cab S2U2-2.41-VGA.cab (3.40 MB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab S2P-0.83beta-VGA.cab (1.08 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

1) Make Quicklinks assignable to sense tab items.
2) The << and >> look really out of place in the graphical interface.
3) Make alert panel's height dynamic according to the size of the content. (Something like cookie appointments)... In fact, any widget with + (expand) feature should have a dynamic height.
4) Uniform resizing scales for all widgets.
5) Improve Notifications
6) Give everything a standard look and open to skinning.

Good job overall. This is surely going to be a killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
updated
Old 06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

btsride is just getting started

Big, this is a great rom but I had some suggestions.
1. it would be nice to have a widget for voicemail. i got a voicemail today and did not know it till later in the day when i went to the windows settings page and saw it in the taskbar.
2. is it possible to get the "mini lock device" that cookie home tab uses?
3. can we have the appointment widget say the date even when their is no appointment?
4. can we make the "X" to end the program be programmed like in bigcookie where if you hold it closes all the way so i dont have to keep going to the task manager.
Thanks for all your hard work and i cant wait till the updated version comes out.

Last edited by btsride; 06-01-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work

Big, I think this is a great ROM. I was on BigCookie, then BigColor and now BigSense. The struggle so far, for me, is that there is a 'learning curve' as many things are not where they were and many things don't work like they used to. Most everything I have 'bumped into' with MaxSense I have been able to find a way that works. The key things that I haven't found an 'agreeable' solution for are items that have been previously been discussed (landscape mode has been rather intermittent, works in some places then doesn't work in others). I have been moving cautiously since one of your earlier posts said that an update was coming shortly for Maxsense Color. One of the biggest things that I miss is that the 3 shortcuts on the home screen are not really shortcuts since you can't link to a contact. Also an icon (widget) that would allow for a manual lock would be very useful. I am also having some problems with intermittent internet connection (either WiFi or 3G) for Bing, Google Maps, Windows Live, etc. It works one time but not the next but I haven't spent time to solve it next.

Bottom line - I love it when it works but I am still having a bit of a learning curve to separate my ignorance from functional issues. Overall - Great Work!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
3) Google Maps 4.1 AGPS "My Location" does not work. Not to be confused with GPS, which does work.
BUMP..

Bigs,
I didn't see this on the list of things to fix. Not a big issue, but I find that I use Google Maps "My Location" when I am in locations that have no GPS avaliable... i.e. inside large buildings.

Again, just to clarify, "My Location" works without gps. Seems a lot of people don't realize that... And I get alot of replies stating to turn on GPS.

EDIT. BTW - Rom is still very quick after a few days of usage. Great job on the UI. Very smooth and fast. Memory usage is a little lower than normal (~24MB) with nothing running, but active sync (exchange setup). Guess it is to be expected for all the features this UI has to offer.

What is everyone else getting memory wise?

Last edited by cls_; 06-02-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to re-enable the HTC Menu Enhancements?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
BUMP..

Bigs,
I didn't see this on the list of things to fix. Not a big issue, but I find that I use Google Maps "My Location" when I am in locations that have no GPS avaliable... i.e. inside large buildings.

Again, just to clarify, "My Location" works without gps. Seems a lot of people don't realize that... And I get alot of replies stating to turn on GPS.
I'm not running MaxSense, but try these two registry edits below to get your aGPS working with Google Maps.

Go to:[HKLM\software\google\googlemaps], and add these two string values below.

"supports_extended_ril" and (String Value) =1
"supports_extended_wifi" and (String Value) =1

Once finished, soft reset when you get a chance, and post your results.

Best to all,
R
Old 06-02-2010, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

This looks great, but definitely a learning curve. I ended up soft resetting a couple of times just because I wasn't able to figure out how to get out of or close something and go home. I think I've got that figured out now.

When I installed this on Sprint TP2 last night. First thing I wanted to do after was get my contacts back. I've been using mIQ Live with no issues for a while now. I installed and tried to run the newest version and got an error - "File or assembly
name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe,Version=3.0.3600.0,
Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3', or one of its
dependencies was not found."

If I then select 'Quit' I get a .NET CF Initialization Error. "The
application failed to load required components. If the .NET Compact
Framework is installed on a storage card, please ensure that this
card is in place and launch the application again. If this fails, a
re-installation of the .NET Compact Framework is recommended.
Support info:-2147483643 (80000005)

Both mIQ and .netcf are installed on the device. The .netcf installed version is 3.5.9085.0. I tried reinstalling .netcf, but apparently the version with the rom is newer than whats available from MS. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, neither has worked.

Need assistance on how to proceed to get my contacts back.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Working on Dusk Theme. Just the beginning...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development