View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:48 PM
kymikes
PPCGeeks Regular

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼ WinMo 23563 ☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Manila Experien

Big, I think this is a great ROM. I was on BigCookie, then BigColor and now BigSense. The struggle so far, for me, is that there is a 'learning curve' as many things are not where they were and many things don't work like they used to. Most everything I have 'bumped into' with MaxSense I have been able to find a way that works. The key things that I haven't found an 'agreeable' solution for are items that have been previously been discussed (landscape mode has been rather intermittent, works in some places then doesn't work in others). I have been moving cautiously since one of your earlier posts said that an update was coming shortly for Maxsense Color. One of the biggest things that I miss is that the 3 shortcuts on the home screen are not really shortcuts since you can't link to a contact. Also an icon (widget) that would allow for a manual lock would be very useful. I am also having some problems with intermittent internet connection (either WiFi or 3G) for Bing, Google Maps, Windows Live, etc. It works one time but not the next but I haven't spent time to solve it next.

Bottom line - I love it when it works but I am still having a bit of a learning curve to separate my ignorance from functional issues. Overall - Great Work!!