PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

Hey bigs... Nice job on the rom. Loving Max Sense. D@mn quick.

A few issues I have noticed on the Verizon Stock Rom:
1) Sometimes when I return to Max Sense the Windows start menu on the bottom of the screen overlaps the Max Sense.
2) Pressing the sleep button does not lock the phone, even though I have that set the "Auto Lock" option on within Max Sense.
3) Google Maps 4.1 AGPS "My Location" does not work. Not to be confused with GPS, which does work.

Bigs, I have made an OEM version of Google Maps 4.1 with PPCKitchen which has AGPS "My Location" working. If you like send me a pm and I can send this over to you.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ☼ BigMaxSense ROM ☼ The Quickest Most Cutomizable Manila Experienc

First off, Big and Max, ya'll rock. This is much better than sense 2.5 and could quite possibly save Windows Mobile, if that is possible..

But I have noticed one thing though I have noticed that while receiving email, sense slows down considerably. At times while receiving it is fast but then at other times is slows down, sometimes so much that it is hard to edit widgets. On everything else it runs great, even running multiple programs. I just noticed this email thing now when I tried to download a bunch of email.. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Downloading....*Check phone battery life 10%* Noooo!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx View Post
Downloading....*Check phone battery life 10%* Noooo!!!!!!
just manually enter bootloader by holding volume down button, end key, and top power button simultaneously, then soft reset. It's kind of hard to do. I usually hold the stylus in my mouth. Or put this on your memory card:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110815

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Is there another way to do over the air programming besides over the air? I can't seem to catch a verizon tower to do the *228, and it doesnt seem that i can make a call until i do. Can anyone tell me how to program without driving to where I can catch a VZW tower?
If I remember correctly, VZW does maintenance on their servers Sunday night and I have problems before until Monday AM (don't know what the holiday does to that schedule). Good luck.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks BiG for the reply and interacting with your community. The beta group and development of this mod has definitely paid off in spades. The overall ROM is working outstanding as well with using cabs and my own tweaks. I would have stuck with SPB MS 3.5 when I tried it out but nothing was integrated with the excellent sense software so I came back to 2.5 but can't stand the lag despite the excellent work the chefs here in ppc put in. This is literally the best of both worlds with a little bit of android flare and I can't wait for it to expand.

Yes please pass it on to max that reinstating the retractable option would be appreciated by many. I think more screen real estate is a positive thing especially for us wallpaper enthusiasts and having access to more info when needed with a soft button click is great way to accomplish this. Just like with Cookie's retractable slider option; some users will like it and some won't but the option enhances the UI/mod. Another suggestion I would have would be if possible to have an option to have access to allocate a sense 2.5 tab page to the 1st and 3rd widget pages. Example would be instead of using a page to customize widgets and things maybe you could slide to the sense calendar tab, or the sense twitter tab, or favorite people tab, and so forth.

Really the only minor glitch outside of landscape and orientation issues was trying to select a widget in edit mode. The options screen will select randomly instead of a pre-defined 2 clicks or something. Sometimes I drag the widget to another location and it opens the options after I let go of the widget or sometimes it takes tapping the widget several times. Also a couple of times I noticed after turning the edit mode off I was still in edit mode but it looked like the normal home interface. I had to soft reset so my widgets wouldn't move around when sliding to different screens.

All in all, wonderful work.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymikes View Post
If I remember correctly, VZW does maintenance on their servers Sunday night and I have problems before until Monday AM (don't know what the holiday does to that schedule). Good luck.
Verizon does no scheduled maintenance for any big Holidays (Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Superbowl)....

So, shouldn't be any maintenance tonight... but, that doesn't mean that the coverage in your area isn't great.. or, that there's an unplanned Outage for some reason...
Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bullet2300 is keeping up the good workbullet2300 is keeping up the good work

You just gave my TP2 more life... thanks!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

I don't know if there is a cab or setting I need to set for SMS mode where icons won't overlap when the phone switch over to landscape mode. My facebook, email, and message icons keep overlapping the text message box when I rotate the phone horizontally.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

flashed my first non self cooked ROM in forever. MaxSense is like a breath of fresh air. Actually made me NOT think about the EVO. Eventually I'll go that route...but this ROM may extend my WinMo time!

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development