PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Sense 2021 | WP7 | Roms: v3.2 | 2/20/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, now about that "serve espresso" option???

Could you please point me in the right direction?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
Could you please point me in the right direction?
LOL - wish I could!!! - nope - dreaming here!!!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

rsuddath is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
I did come across that post. Informative!
I'm always more than happy to help
Here are a couple Sprint Stock battery drivers
They both include 'battery.dll' and 'battdrvr.dll'
I suggest trying the 1% first. It is made from sprint stock tp2 driver

Sprint Stock Battery Driver 1%.cab
Sprint Stock Battery Driver.cab

Let me know the outcome, thanks

The server is getting a major hardware upgrade. It will be acting up a little while they switch over. hopefully it will fix all problems
Thanks for not only replying but for uploading the battery driver cabs.

Unfortunately, neither "Sprint Stock Battery Driver" .cab reversed the issue, your kitchen ROM's would not charge with my cheaper chargers unless the device was off. The phone charged fine from the HTC charger and when tethered. I tried installing both of the cabs you provided to a freshly flashed ROM and neither affected the charging behavior. When the phone was flashed to the stock Sprint ROM, the phone would again charge from the cheaper chargers.

While I assumed the problem was with the battery.dll, perhaps there is something else that is installed with the Nue Battery program that is responsible for the charging issues. If I install NueBattery to the Stock Sprint ROM, I get charging problems, when I remove it through "remove programs" the problems are fixed. This is exactly the way that Sharkie has his ROM set up so that those of us users with issues can remove the program and eliminate the issues.

I would appreciate any additional thoughts or ideas and am happy to try out any other fixes you might have. Wish I could try out one of your ROMS for a few days but will have to wait until I can get the phone to charge reliably.

Thanks again.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am not on sprint so I can't speak to the charging issue, but the only 1% battery cab that I ever found that worked right was Darklords. You might give it a try.

Also I hope to get to the DRM cab today and report back.
Attached Files
File Type: cab darklord battery metre v2_fixed.cab (1.71 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

New test WP7! Using Sprint OEMDrivers and batt.(edited to 1%) - All Carriers

Added Discretix DRM
A little more Phone Canvas theming
Changed Comm-Manager theme to White Text/Blue BG (fixes a couple other color issues on other things like phone options and wifi-router)
Colored the heck out of WP7.tsk
Enabled owner info link in settings disabled from Sprint OEMDrivers.
Testing a new font! GeosansLight - I'm in love with it (not the best if you have a visual impairment)

Edit: Also changed weather tab to an app mwunderground. It's a somewhat new free app so I want to support the author http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=923493
In Radar: open keyboard and use arrows to navigate. It will error after exiting radar. just hit end button to kill.

What I like about mwunderground is the gps Location feature

I definitely want your feedback on this test! battery, font, colors...

New XDA_UC folder. I left out internet browser and maps from the Rom. Choose one or the other in the folder, Remove the ones you don't want

XDA_UC_v2.rar
Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 3.3_rc6

There are new SYS' available. I'll get you guys an updated one on official 3.3 release. Hoping this is the last test for 3.3. Wanting the theming perfect

Last edited by negamann; 03-09-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddath View Post
Thanks for not only replying but for uploading the battery driver cabs.

Unfortunately, neither "Sprint Stock Battery Driver" .cab reversed the issue, your kitchen ROM's would not charge with my cheaper chargers unless the device was off. The phone charged fine from the HTC charger and when tethered. I tried installing both of the cabs you provided to a freshly flashed ROM and neither affected the charging behavior. When the phone was flashed to the stock Sprint ROM, the phone would again charge from the cheaper chargers.

While I assumed the problem was with the battery.dll, perhaps there is something else that is installed with the Nue Battery program that is responsible for the charging issues. If I install NueBattery to the Stock Sprint ROM, I get charging problems, when I remove it through "remove programs" the problems are fixed. This is exactly the way that Sharkie has his ROM set up so that those of us users with issues can remove the program and eliminate the issues.

I would appreciate any additional thoughts or ideas and am happy to try out any other fixes you might have. Wish I could try out one of your ROMS for a few days but will have to wait until I can get the phone to charge reliably.

Thanks again.
I don't use nue anything in my roms. I heard the battery driver causes overheating so I've stayed away. The driver cabs I gave are sprint stock(1% edited from stock) They might be better flashed in from the get-go. I did include all sprint OEMDrivers in the latest release in the post above this. You could see if that doesn't work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
I am not on sprint so I can't speak to the charging issue, but the only 1% battery cab that I ever found that worked right was Darklords. You might give it a try.

Also I hope to get to the DRM cab today and report back.
Awesome! Thanks for helping with a battery driver. Also I will try Lockstream DRM in the next sense release instead of discretix. I did include discretix in the latest wp7 rom if your interested to try

I'm starting to think Lockstream is for sense and discretix is for phones that don't use sense. could be wrong.

Last edited by negamann; 03-09-2011 at 09:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

r6: d/l and install after task29.
wundergnd says net3.5 isn't there.
can't turn data on - wants an ISP with username and pswd.on reboot stops at network logon.
I don't see OperaMini or googlemaps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (627.1 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Kris443; 03-09-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
d/l and install after task29.
wundergnd says net3.5 isn't there.
can't turn data on - wants an ISP with username and pswd.
I don't see OperaMini or googlemaps.
ok just re-provision, Start Menu > Tools > Provision Device

It's actually looking for the messages. I'm using 3.7 netcf
I tried to pre-setup the reg to prevent errors. looks like it caused one haha

Just delete this reg from registry and run again
Regedit is located in Start Menu > Task Manager (may need to kill host v1.5 prior. doesn't play nice with task manager)
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mwunderground]
Hmm You must not have let xda_uc run completely?

XDA_UC is finished when you see this:

You can re-run XDA_UC by going to Start Menu > Tools > XDA_UC Manual Start

Also Make sure the cabs are located within Storage Card/XDA_UC

Last edited by negamann; 03-09-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thanks.
font: on bottom line small e looks like c.
color: very hard to read instruction lines eg in settings connections connections background and font are very close.

wxundergnd works as long as I don't tell it "use current position".
Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
thanks.
font: on bottom line small e looks like c.
color: very hard to read instruction lines eg in settings connections connections background and font are very close.

wxundergnd works as long as I don't tell it "use current position".
Yeah the font doesn't support a couple things. Might use it for a couple things like start menu text

wmunderground will use current if you wait for it to get your location (a couple secs) then save

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development