View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
negamann
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Sense 2021 | WP7 | Roms: v3.2 | 2/20/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddath View Post
Thanks for not only replying but for uploading the battery driver cabs.

Unfortunately, neither "Sprint Stock Battery Driver" .cab reversed the issue, your kitchen ROM's would not charge with my cheaper chargers unless the device was off. The phone charged fine from the HTC charger and when tethered. I tried installing both of the cabs you provided to a freshly flashed ROM and neither affected the charging behavior. When the phone was flashed to the stock Sprint ROM, the phone would again charge from the cheaper chargers.

While I assumed the problem was with the battery.dll, perhaps there is something else that is installed with the Nue Battery program that is responsible for the charging issues. If I install NueBattery to the Stock Sprint ROM, I get charging problems, when I remove it through "remove programs" the problems are fixed. This is exactly the way that Sharkie has his ROM set up so that those of us users with issues can remove the program and eliminate the issues.

I would appreciate any additional thoughts or ideas and am happy to try out any other fixes you might have. Wish I could try out one of your ROMS for a few days but will have to wait until I can get the phone to charge reliably.

Thanks again.
I don't use nue anything in my roms. I heard the battery driver causes overheating so I've stayed away. The driver cabs I gave are sprint stock(1% edited from stock) They might be better flashed in from the get-go. I did include all sprint OEMDrivers in the latest release in the post above this. You could see if that doesn't work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
I am not on sprint so I can't speak to the charging issue, but the only 1% battery cab that I ever found that worked right was Darklords. You might give it a try.

Also I hope to get to the DRM cab today and report back.
Awesome! Thanks for helping with a battery driver. Also I will try Lockstream DRM in the next sense release instead of discretix. I did include discretix in the latest wp7 rom if your interested to try

I'm starting to think Lockstream is for sense and discretix is for phones that don't use sense. could be wrong.

Last edited by negamann; 03-09-2011 at 09:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.