PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Sense 2021 | WP7 | Roms: v3.2 | 2/20/2011

The dusk theme rom is a killer, I love it. I have it on my second TP2 that I use to test new roms and use as a backup. I would be more than happy to run this on my main TP2 but...........................

I have had my TP2's for several years now, and no one seems to be able to get the DRM (digetal rights management) to work on custom roms.

The only exception that i have found is the Energy 23567 roms from last august. I have to have working DRM, so I run his CHT rom from back them and just keep testing new rom's in hopes someone will have working DRM.

Anyway what I like about this ROM is it does not seem to follow the same formula most new roms have fallen into. Its its own leader and does it very well.

I will continue to check back and update in hopes of getting a version with working DRM.

Keep up the great work!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

anyone using this ROM who is interested in doing a ROM review and having me post it on our news page, let me know in a private message please. Thx!

Basically, if you run this ROM and love it I'd like to ask you some ?'s for our news page

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
Boost right?

How's the battery going in 3.3_rc5? I switched over to a sprint 1%. It was currently a verizon one
from Kris:
Boost for me.

The battery seems to go down faster with this rom
"Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 3.3_rc5_SPCS.exe"
--->>>but that may have simply been because I was playing with it a lot - I normally don't play much!

Up and reading 83% on a batt that was new the night before for maybe a half hour. But jury is still out on bat use...

But really liking this rom because it's fast and works!!! EDIT: the only things I have "had" to add were Operamini 5.1 (and link) and googlemaps. Extremely minor. And it's easy to get around in!!!

It's a keeper!!! I can see you've put a ton of work into it. My flashing experience isn't vast - maybe a couple of Energy roms and the like, but I love this. (previously, I was back to a stock 6.5 and either iphonetoday and no sense, or CHT2.0 (playing) (I like this better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MRTRIPOD is just getting started

I'd love google maps in in too if possible
Old 03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Thanks for the feedback!!

Drm will cetainly be in the todo list. Does the drm work in all energy roms since the august release? If not then let me know the SYS version.

As for google maps. Have you guys tried bing? I included it. Very similar if not better than google maps

gjbnh - I'm not sure what the issue is. I hate to say it, but re-flash and let xda_uc do it's thing :/ Leave out crayon physics because it throws files all over the place. I will make a better cab. Also noticed the facebook cab doesn't install successfully. working on that as well

Edit: You can also leave the xda_uc off the storage card and add cabs one by one or manual start later. It's certainly still in 'Test' Phase

Last edited by negamann; 03-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Ok here are the fixed cabs that I noticed had issues

Crayon Physics.cab - Was installing to a folder in start menu. Bad idea. fixed to program files
Facebook_1.1.0.26 - Whoever made the installer didn't do a good job. remade

Last edited by negamann; 03-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
I'd love google maps in in too if possible
What? you can't add it yourself??? Took me a minute! if that!

to Nega:
As to BING, I have stopped using it as it is a slow behemoth for me.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
Thanks for the feedback!!

Drm will cetainly be in the todo list. Does the drm work in all energy roms since the august release? If not then let me know the SYS version.
No it just worked on the 23678.5.3.8 built from late Aug last year.

Thanks for taking an interest.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

MRTRIPOD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
What? you can't add it yourself??? Took me a minute! if that!

to Nega:
As to BING, I have stopped using it as it is a slow behemoth for me.
LMFAO..of course I can, but when this thread is to partially to make requests..I make requests.

I download every RC to help test.....it saves time..did you really take the time to comment on that?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
No it just worked on the 23678.5.3.8 built from late Aug last year.

Thanks for taking an interest.
Then it's that I'll possibly get a cab working for use for any rom, if it works as planned. Thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development