PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Sense 2021 | WP7 | Roms: v3.2 | 2/20/2011

Just found this and d/l'ed it.
Nice that it allows task29 which I did first.
Flash was easy and startup uneventful. (we LIKE uneventful!!!)
Took be a bit to find active sync in productivity , but then synced my gmail contacts with no problem.

I don't seem to be able to get weather... gave it my zip, it recognized my city and state, it d/l'ed about 170KB (slowly) but no forecast. Tried to refresh it a few times but no go. thoughts...?
EDIT: Never mind - guess it didn't like that zip code. Put Boston,MA in and it works fine!

I think it's nice - time to go and read over the whole thread... !

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!

Last edited by Kris443; 03-05-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
Just found this and d/l'ed it.
Nice that it allows task29 which I did first.
Flash was easy and startup uneventful. (we LIKE uneventful!!!)
Took be a bit to find active sync in productivity , but then synced my gmail contacts with no problem.

I don't seem to be able to get weather... gave it my zip, it recognized my city and state, it d/l'ed about 170KB (slowly) but no forecast. Tried to refresh it a few times but no go. thoughts...?
Which Rom version did you install? try re-downloading the weather

Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor

on that note (hates that weather launcher lol) talk about slowwwwwwwwww to update lol. even with wifi..omg the horror lol
Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
Which Rom version did you install? try re-downloading the weather
Hi and thanks for your time - I found it and edited the above while you were typing your note.

works fine!

3.3 WP7(themed) just d/l'ed the "Sprint test version"
"Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 3.3_rc5_SPCS.exe"

tp2

LOL - at the moment I can't figure out how to add an icon for a prog I just installed. or does it appear somewhere - or I could just manually put it in startup... googling!!!

EDIT: oh, I see - just do a reboot. simple!

Last edited by Kris443; 03-06-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraze View Post
on that note (hates that weather launcher lol) talk about slowwwwwwwwww to update lol. even with wifi..omg the horror lol
erm - only 5 secs to launch weather - that's not bad - yeah, it takes a minute <to refresh> but that's probably accuweather's fault...

Last edited by Kris443; 03-06-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

So far, and after only a couple of hours of playing, I am really impressed with this! Simple install and no crashes. FingerSuite seems to not close properly (only opened it to see what it was...).

This build wasn't OC'ed so I'm playing a little with that.

Current quests: Where did /settings/system/power go (want to adjust backlight timings...)(I googled the thread but got nothing...)

Installed Opera mini 5.1 and googlemaps and both work fine. The "make espresso" button, however, does not....
Old 03-06-2011, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
So far, and after only a couple of hours of playing, I am really impressed with this! Simple install and no crashes. FingerSuite seems to not close properly (only opened it to see what it was...).

This build wasn't OC'ed so I'm playing a little with that.

Current quests: Where did /settings/system/power go (want to adjust backlight timings...)(I googled the thread but got nothing...)

Installed Opera mini 5.1 and googlemaps and both work fine. The "make espresso" button, however, does not....
backlight is located in the zoom box when you press in the area for notifications.

what version are you on rc5?

hey neg, whats the deal with sprints version that you just cooked. I mean rc4 when provision came on and i pressed for sprint to be installed- the keyboard sms and keys worked and are maped out.. but on rc5- theres no provision and the keys are wrong. shouldnt they be the same provisons ?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

thanks!

yes, Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 3.3_rc5_SPCS.exe

I did not need to provision. it came right up. Very nicely!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraze View Post
backlight is located in the zoom box when you press in the area for notifications.

what version are you on rc5?

hey neg, whats the deal with sprints version that you just cooked. I mean rc4 when provision came on and i pressed for sprint to be installed- the keyboard sms and keys worked and are maped out.. but on rc5- theres no provision and the keys are wrong. shouldnt they be the same provisons ?
You will need to install your provision cab manually. I didn't add provision setup for anything but sprint. The best part is, just throw your provision cab right into your xda_uc folder every time you flash it auto provisions for you. Boost right?

How's the battery going in 3.3_rc5? I switched over to a sprint 1%. It was currently a verizon one

Last edited by negamann; 03-06-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
I'm personally at a loss as well. My phone has been decent. I know the crayon physics cab causes files to show in the WP7 program list (the arrow on the top right) and puts an icon in the wm6 start menu main that I can't seem to get rid of. but every app has installed for me.

You not let XDA_UC finish customization? try a manual install from Start Menu > Tools > XDA_UC Manual Start.lnk
part of my problem turned out to be I didn't follow directions, but even doing that, some of the programs don't show up when I install...very weird.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development