PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.8 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by run_amuck View Post
i def have the desire, as i belive this rom has allowed me to keep my tp2 for an idefinite amount of time now, however the knowledge part, i am taking it day by day on it.

the sense, i think it takes too much ram up, and it looks like hosts run as a program, rather than a "operating system" like the last release. also the ram usage in this relase is much much higher now oevrall(with nothign running in the task manager apps) than the last one. other dll's or processes added as full runtime since last release?
Sense is a mem hog. It was a visual thing only. I'll disable packages coming up here. Just making sure EVERYTHING is working correctly first.

I added back in flash shared, java, and NetCF stuff .dll wise

Old 01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

run_amuck is becoming a great contributor
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | Roms: V2.8 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

yeah sense did some damage . lol

i have a lot of times now that i have to hit the hardkey windows, then the power button just to turn the screen on, from powersaver.

anything i can help test?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

antfusco is a n00b

I am having a problem with notification sounds. I have incoming calls set for vibrate and ring with the vzw default tone and it won't play any sound, it only vibrates. The volume up and down buttons do not seem to do anything. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:06 PM
N00b

the txt thing is really doign a doosy on my phone, it does not have a screen now. (buttons light up and the notifitcation light blinks like it should, but no visual screen...........help fast please?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Ok whoever wants to test, please reply with issues if any

Kitchen Rom - WP7 - 2.9_b1

All packages work well now! was making sure if first before moving forward to more releases

new text bubble optimization. much much quicker

removed sense and alot of related packages from it.

Re-introduced Visual XDA_UC V2.R1. Start SHOULD be ok, not sure

lemme know if enhanced messaging works through outlook (any E-mail)

Last edited by negamann; 01-30-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
N00b

Installign it now, will report back in a few hours

thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
N00b

ok,

everything looks great, except the windows menu(the second most left button,) when i attempt a scroll, it all blurrs out, like its out of graphics memory(like in a windows machine when ram is fully uses and you try to run a game, you get a bad screen, wheree it wont refresh the screen fast enough(i hope im explinign it easy enough) the free RAm is incredible though. in the previous version the sprint provisdioning cab was great it did it automatically, in this one, its back to the previosu previous one, where i had to input the right settings for sprint.

will add to this as i keep playign with it.

also much faster startup!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
ok,

everything looks great, except the windows menu(the second most left button,) when i attempt a scroll, it all blurrs out, like its out of graphics memory(like in a windows machine when ram is fully uses and you try to run a game, you get a bad screen, wheree it wont refresh the screen fast enough(i hope im explinign it easy enough) the free RAm is incredible though. in the previous version the sprint provisdioning cab was great it did it automatically, in this one, its back to the previosu previous one, where i had to input the right settings for sprint.

will add to this as i keep playign with it.

also much faster startup!
Thank you! that means the start xda_uc is still affecting it. :/ ok

I know how to fix provision

I release another in a couple hours or so
Old 01-30-2011, 10:04 PM
N00b

also the text messaging is much improved resposne time, however its still not flipping landscape when i pop out the keyboard, i have to roatte the whole phone so the gyrometer recognizes its landscape, then i can pop the keyboard out, then type (the text doesn't show onthe screen till i pop the keyboard back in and it has to "think" what i just typed in.(so im getting used to using the on screen keyboard i think, but i bought the tp2 for the hard keyed keyboard)

other than the data sprint issue, the txt messaging and the windows button refresh, it works much betetr

what if you just used HTC's default txt message app?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
also the text messaging is much improved resposne time, however its still not flipping landscape when i pop out the keyboard, i have to roatte the whole phone so the gyrometer recognizes its landscape, then i can pop the keyboard out, then type (the text doesn't show onthe screen till i pop the keyboard back in and it has to "think" what i just typed in.(so im getting used to using the on screen keyboard i think, but i bought the tp2 for the hard keyed keyboard)

other than the data sprint issue, the txt messaging and the windows button refresh, it works much betetr

what if you just used HTC's default txt message app?
The normal txt for htc runs through sense, and HTC messaging client doesn't provide mms through all carriers is the reason for me using arcsoft :/I'll check and see if I can disable the g-sensor but still keep landscape.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development