PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tp2
Carrier: boost

wiseman43830 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | EVK 12.6.3 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

up and running the provisioning pack work beautifully still had to go in and edit the messaging setting but other then that data and everything else worked right off the bat.....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | EVK 12.6.3 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman43830 View Post
up and running the provisioning pack work beautifully still had to go in and edit the messaging setting but other then that data and everything else worked right off the bat.....
That means i'm very close What in the Message settings isn't showing up? I want the cab perfect. please be specific too

Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Lurker

Cool Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | EVK 12.6.3 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

lol ok the only thing that you need to fix is: connect Via need to set it as Sprint so it should look like this.

Connect Via: Sprint

it keeps setting itself up as

Connect Via: The Internet

other then that its all good
Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman43830 View Post
lol ok the only thing that you need to fix is: connect Via need to set it as Sprint so it should look like this.

Connect Via: Sprint

it keeps setting itself up as

Connect Via: The Internet

other then that its all good
haha I saw that too. simple fix!

Fixed! Here

Btw I did a lil update with verizon and sprint provisioning as well

Last edited by negamann; 01-18-2011 at 01:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Lurker

sweet works great
Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Roms have been updated to 2.7

Fixed File Explorer freezing phone on exit after installing cabs
Compressed alot of .png images(Saves total space, didn't affect free mem)
Latest Carrier Provisioning added.
Fonts set to DroidSans Font
Re-worked single column start menu
Many new packages updated

Kitchen Won't be Updated until Roms reach v3.0

Last edited by negamann; 01-20-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (verizon status)
Carrier: ATT

dr_gonz0 is a n00b

How's everyone doing hehe, first time posting here. Been an xda regular for a whiles now, did allot of cooking for the t-mo wing and am very familliar with cooking for that device. Recently came up on a verizon tp2... got that bad boy unlocked so I can use my AT&T SIM card on it. I am experiencing the common problem of people in my particular situation with being able to send MMS but not receive. I found xyc's squeaky clean ROM to allow me to receive after having to re-provision to no carrier and re-run the settings cabs for AT&T and then I may be able to receive the MMS.

I guess my question is if I cook a ROM and don't cook in any of the provisioning EXT/OEM's (not sure which category they fall in) would I cause harm to my phone? I thought "maybe I should flash (or cook) a GSM ROM" but I read that is not safe to do. Any information to help me here would be appreciated, I don't want to cook something and end up bricking my phone or being unable to go to a CDMA carrier in the future. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. Thanks...
Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_gonz0 View Post
How's everyone doing hehe, first time posting here. Been an xda regular for a whiles now, did allot of cooking for the t-mo wing and am very familliar with cooking for that device. Recently came up on a verizon tp2... got that bad boy unlocked so I can use my AT&T SIM card on it. I am experiencing the common problem of people in my particular situation with being able to send MMS but not receive. I found xyc's squeaky clean ROM to allow me to receive after having to re-provision to no carrier and re-run the settings cabs for AT&T and then I may be able to receive the MMS.

I guess my question is if I cook a ROM and don't cook in any of the provisioning EXT/OEM's (not sure which category they fall in) would I cause harm to my phone? I thought "maybe I should flash (or cook) a GSM ROM" but I read that is not safe to do. Any information to help me here would be appreciated, I don't want to cook something and end up bricking my phone or being unable to go to a CDMA carrier in the future. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. Thanks...
I'm not too sure about GSM on CDMA. I do know that the provisioning is only settings and do not affect anything otherwise. So flashing with no provisioning at all is safe.

Sprint provision does contain prl stuff so that wouldn't be a good idea. but you have nothing sprint anyways.

I will help where I can. I did play with the registry alot making cdma proiority. Not sure if it affects MMS settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (verizon status)
Carrier: ATT

dr_gonz0 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
I'm not too sure about GSM on CDMA. I do know that the provisioning is only settings and do not affect anything otherwise. So flashing with no provisioning at all is safe.

Sprint provision does contain prl stuff so that wouldn't be a good idea. but you have nothing sprint anyways.

I will help where I can. I did play with the registry alot making cdma proiority. Not sure if it affects MMS settings.
Ahhh, cool, cool... Never read anything about provisioning when cooking on the Wing so that's what had me wondering. If possible where would be those modifications you made making CDMA the priority located at so they can be excluded? Can't wait to start cooking now hehe
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_gonz0 View Post
Ahhh, cool, cool... Never read anything about provisioning when cooking on the Wing so that's what had me wondering. If possible where would be those modifications you made making CDMA the priority located at so they can be excluded? Can't wait to start cooking now hehe
I would start in the Arcsoft MMS package for regs

Also I noticed old provision stuff in OEM folder:

delete all .provxml from

Code:
OEM\Touch_Pro2\0409\OperatorPkg
Delete epst.epst from
Code:
OEM\Touch_Pro2\COMMON\OEMDrivers

Last edited by negamann; 01-21-2011 at 08:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development