View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
dr_gonz0
Lurker

dr_gonz0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen & Roms] Nega's HTC CP | EVK 12.6.3 | Sense 2019 | CHT2.0 | WP7 | 1/14/20

How's everyone doing hehe, first time posting here. Been an xda regular for a whiles now, did allot of cooking for the t-mo wing and am very familliar with cooking for that device. Recently came up on a verizon tp2... got that bad boy unlocked so I can use my AT&T SIM card on it. I am experiencing the common problem of people in my particular situation with being able to send MMS but not receive. I found xyc's squeaky clean ROM to allow me to receive after having to re-provision to no carrier and re-run the settings cabs for AT&T and then I may be able to receive the MMS.

I guess my question is if I cook a ROM and don't cook in any of the provisioning EXT/OEM's (not sure which category they fall in) would I cause harm to my phone? I thought "maybe I should flash (or cook) a GSM ROM" but I read that is not safe to do. Any information to help me here would be appreciated, I don't want to cook something and end up bricking my phone or being unable to go to a CDMA carrier in the future. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. Thanks...