PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [05/26/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S 6.5.X★ | Build 28232 | Organization | Speed |

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrian1986 View Post
Thank Chris, love the rom! Best one I've used so far.

I'd like to point out one small issue I've had. It's only a minor inconvenience but it's kind of strange. When transferring my phone contacts from my previous rom (stock sprint 6.1) with sprite backup, it seems like the format for phone numbers has changed. Incoming calls or texts will not match numbers with the correct name in my contact list. Instead of seeing "Tyler" I see "3091234567" despite the numbers being identical. The only difference in the previous format is the presence of parenthesis and hyphens, which seems to be enough to prevent it from recognizing the number as a saved contact.
I also used to have a similar problem when restoring contacts from Sprite. The contacts would be there but the called ID would still just show a phone number. Since using Activesync to sync everything, all works prefectly for me now. Try getting the contacts on your phone and then sync to Outlook and then resync.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I also used to have a similar problem when restoring contacts from Sprite. The contacts would be there but the called ID would still just show a phone number. Since using Activesync to sync everything, all works prefectly for me now. Try getting the contacts on your phone and then sync to Outlook and then resync.
Gonna look into the dialpad misalignment issues a number of us are having?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

My dial pad keeps on breaking on me. I have to slide the phone open then close, then I get the dial pad.
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
My dial pad keeps on breaking on me. I have to slide the phone open then close, then I get the dial pad.
I've seen this happen as well, but it appears to work fine for me after sliding the keyboard once. I've not been able to reproduce the issue.

dave
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by austrian1986 View Post
Thank Chris, love the rom! Best one I've used so far.

I'd like to point out one small issue I've had. It's only a minor inconvenience but it's kind of strange. When transferring my phone contacts from my previous rom (stock sprint 6.1) with sprite backup, it seems like the format for phone numbers has changed. Incoming calls or texts will not match numbers with the correct name in my contact list. Instead of seeing "Tyler" I see "3091234567" despite the numbers being identical. The only difference in the previous format is the presence of parenthesis and hyphens, which seems to be enough to prevent it from recognizing the number as a saved contact.
I have a somewhat similar problem. It seems that after a day or so, the names change on my People tab. the photos and the phone numbers seem to be ok but the names change to the first 6 contacts in my contacts list as in all the names change to the “A” names in my contacts. I am using active sync to sync my contacts with my exchange server at work and wonder if that may be causing the problem.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

A couple landscape phone dialer issues.

When I have the phone keyboard opened and either hit the phone hard key, or the soft key on the bottom bare, the portrait phone dialer screen opens, and more often that not displays only the call history, not the phone key pad. If I then close and reopen the phone it will switch to the landscape phone dialer. This dialer has a scroll bar on the right hand side.

I'm using the latest download.

thanks,
dave
Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

was sad 2 see you in the evo forum (chris)...honestly this rom is exactly wat many look 4 (stable, fast n STOCK) @ least me! and not many chefs (if any for 6.5.x) out there make em STOCK, always have themes and/or apps i dont use n take up space.

w/ that being said hope you can give us all a last or couple updates b4 completely taking over by droid

thanks 4 ur work
Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ebc225 is a n00b

Hi Chris, Thanks for everything you have done!! Like many some have previously stated, other than the few remaining fixes, your 6.5.x rom is ideal for my use. Hence, if you make the last few remaining fixes, you can count on another donation from me. Thanks Again!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 AM
N00b

Peruano_Loco is just getting started

the samething is happening to me the dial pad keeps dissapearing, hopefully chris may fix this
Old 06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

tweak812 is a n00b

I get the dialpad issue, but if you just run cleanram real quick it fixes it all up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development