PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

eXplicit is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Re: [05/26/10] ★SPRINT LOVER'S 6.5.X★ | Build 28232 | Organization | Speed |

I am having a problem syncing my text messages through MyPhone. When I run MyPhone, it starts running, then it gets partially through downloading text messages and freezes. I can go to the start menu, can scroll through the icons, but I can't get into any of the icons. They light up when I push them, but that's it. Then, when I try and close the start menu, it just freezes the phone. I have to hard reset the phone, and when I do, it runs back through like it's a fresh install. Not sure what can be causing it at this point, but I am going to re-flash and see if that does the trick. I'm running the 05/26/2010 version. I will give you a heads up with my findings.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit View Post
I am having a problem syncing my text messages through MyPhone. When I run MyPhone, it starts running, then it gets partially through downloading text messages and freezes. I can go to the start menu, can scroll through the icons, but I can't get into any of the icons. They light up when I push them, but that's it. Then, when I try and close the start menu, it just freezes the phone. I have to hard reset the phone, and when I do, it runs back through like it's a fresh install. Not sure what can be causing it at this point, but I am going to re-flash and see if that does the trick. I'm running the 05/26/2010 version. I will give you a heads up with my findings.
Well, now it looks like my phone is not starting up. It gets to the HTC splash screen, then nothing. The display will dim, then turn off. Can't turn it back on. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix my phone?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Well, now it looks like my phone is not starting up. It gets to the HTC splash screen, then nothing. The display will dim, then turn off. Can't turn it back on. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix my phone?

it sounds like the hspl.....the older one.....do you have the latest....if not go get it....
Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
it sounds like the hspl.....the older one.....do you have the latest....if not go get it....
Well, now I got it to start back up. I did the hard reset (Talk, End, and Power Keys to turn phone on) but now it's like every time I run MyPhone to get my stuff back, it locks up, or it won't sync, or whatever. And if I do a soft reset (Hold power button down, select Yes to turn phone off) then turn the phone back on, it runs through again like the phone has been re-flashed. This is all to strange. I think I may revert back to a different ROM for now.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 PM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Well, now I got it to start back up. I did the hard reset (Talk, End, and Power Keys to turn phone on) but now it's like every time I run MyPhone to get my stuff back, it locks up, or it won't sync, or whatever. And if I do a soft reset (Hold power button down, select Yes to turn phone off) then turn the phone back on, it runs through again like the phone has been re-flashed. This is all to strange. I think I may revert back to a different ROM for now.
you didn't answer my question though....what hspl do you have....you may run into the same issue if you have the outdated hspl...those are the symptoms...
Old 05-30-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
you didn't answer my question though....what hspl do you have....you may run into the same issue if you have the outdated hspl...those are the symptoms...
I'm running this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

But it boots fine, it just freezes a lot. I don't know how it would be the bootloader if it freezes.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
I'm running this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

But it boots fine, it just freezes a lot. I don't know how it would be the bootloader if it freezes.
I had the exact same problem way back until I went from version 1 to version 3....it was restarting like it was a fresh flash...upgraded to version 3 and never happened again...these phones are so fricking weird sometimes...

you can also try Task 29 before flashing....
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I had the exact same problem way back until I went from version 1 to version 3....it was restarting like it was a fresh flash...upgraded to version 3 and never happened again...these phones are so fricking weird sometimes...

you can also try Task 29 before flashing....
i had thought that the newer versions of hspl was mainly for the phones that got shipped after the release date (having weird issues)?? am i wrong to assume/think thats right? i still have the same tp2 that was shipped on release date and once the hspl got released (used that version) havent messed w/ that since. im not having any weird issues but have seen this mentioned a couple times.

but also thought i seen you on the tp2 section of this board since the start, and you said you upgraded the hspl? so have me curious as to what im missing or dont know. thanks if you can explain
Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i had thought that the newer versions of hspl was mainly for the phones that got shipped after the release date (having weird issues)?? am i wrong to assume/think thats right? i still have the same tp2 that was shipped on release date and once the hspl got released (used that version) havent messed w/ that since. im not having any weird issues but have seen this mentioned a couple times.

but also thought i seen you on the tp2 section of this board since the start, and you said you upgraded the hspl? so have me curious as to what im missing or dont know. thanks if you can explain
I will pm as to not clutter Chris thread with this anymore...
Old 05-31-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can't get the download link to work. I get to the 4share download, click the download, wait my 90 seconds, click the newly appeared download link, and then end back at the original download link. I don't get any download like normally.

Can anyone else download?

dave

EDIT: Killed everything and retried it and it worked. Maybe a stale cookie . . .

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 05-31-2010 at 04:28 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development