PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is my ROM one of the fastest 6.5 2.1?
Yes 140 57.85%
No 102 42.15%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ~ SuperRom_S_14 ~5-15-10~wm6.5 2.1~w/Silence Kit~Lightest ROM w/Manila EVER!! Fas

The lighter the faster, yeah your right it's probably just milliseconds..but i think it's worth it. I know it's probably to light for most people, but it's just right for me, just wanted to share. Moblie Shell is fast , but I really don't like the whole UI though. Honesly I don't even like Android either. But the EVO is tempting. I think titanuim with 6.5 or 6.1 with 2.1 on a super light package would be the fastest combo imo. Manila isn't the lightest/fastest thing to install on any rom, but I can't live without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
tried your ROM. yes it is very fast and seems stable. tried all the usual, internet, youtube, texting, etc.
why are you so worried about storage memory on the phone? i don't think it is mess with the speed as the program memory does. maybe a couple microseconds more for it to find something.....
I voted yes to your question, though I feel that my ROM with no sense, no titanium and mobile shell added is faster. your's is too light for me. i like to have functionality available even if i only use it every couple of weeks. even with all your storage memory, your program memory started off quite a bit lower than mine on reset.
here is the newest google maps cab, just in case you don't have it (since I posted the vk form earlier).
Old 05-16-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666
Re: ~ SuperRom_S_14 ~5-15-10~wm6.5 2.1~w/Silence Kit~Lightest ROM w/Manila EVER!! Fas

hey pimpol10 is there a way i can get the sprint (tv & nav) tabs on this rom?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger666 View Post
hey pimpol10 is there a way i can get the sprint (tv & nav) tabs on this rom?

Here you go and extra for people who need it. Give THANKS

Last edited by pimpol10; 05-16-2010 at 12:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666

mm this is the apps not the tabs on the main screen? o.o
Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
mm this is the apps not the tabs on the main screen? o.o
I'm not 100% sure to be honest, I have never installed it because I don't use them. Those three cabs were made by Silence so it should give you the tabs also....why don't you try it out and come back and let us know??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

stas333 is keeping up the good workstas333 is keeping up the good work

take the google maps out, i would rather have it on a card. those can also be taken out: games, windows live, and the origianal ringtones, just add a cab for them
Old 05-16-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah Apps -__- i wanted the tabs oh well xD

and the google apps its an old version ? i think there's a newer one

overall its a really good rom <3 only bad thing

it looks messy there should be folders no need to take off windows live or games just in a folder for every app
Old 05-16-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
The lighter the faster, yeah your right it's probably just milliseconds..but i think it's worth it. I know it's probably to light for most people, but it's just right for me, just wanted to share. Moblie Shell is fast , but I really don't like the whole UI though. Honesly I don't even like Android either. But the EVO is tempting. I think titanuim with 6.5 or 6.1 with 2.1 on a super light package would be the fastest combo imo. Manila isn't the lightest/fastest thing to install on any rom, but I can't live without it.
I voted yes on the poll, love the rom, I would love it even more if it had no manila I'm still hooked to the original windows home screen (not Titanium) with a few home screen plugins which give me access to everything I need on one screen, I hate having to slide back and forth just to see weather info and then slide again to open a program, and slide to lookup a contact, oh, and for notification slide again, you get my point?, I instead have installed claunch, Phone Alarm, Weather Panel, Today Agenda, all these are original home screen plugins which gives you everything on one screen without having to slide.
This is just my personal opinion, I guess everybody likes a different flavor.
Again I love your rom, thanks
Old 05-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrenwa View Post
I voted yes on the poll, love the rom, I would love it even more if it had no manila I'm still hooked to the original windows home screen (not Titanium) with a few home screen plugins which give me access to everything I need on one screen, I hate having to slide back and forth just to see weather info and then slide again to open a program, and slide to lookup a contact, oh, and for notification slide again, you get my point?, I instead have installed claunch, Phone Alarm, Weather Panel, Today Agenda, all these are original home screen plugins which gives you everything on one screen without having to slide.
This is just my personal opinion, I guess everybody likes a different flavor.
Again I love your rom, thanks
Thanks for feedback! I like the sliding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
take the google maps out, i would rather have it on a card. those can also be taken out: games, windows live, and the origianal ringtones, just add a cab for them
I'll take googlemap out on the next release. theres only three games on this rom and I like all three so I'm probably not going to remove them. with windows live I use that, most the ringtones have been remove only kept some.

Quote:
yeah Apps -__- i wanted the tabs oh well xD

and the google apps its an old version ? i think there's a newer one

overall its a really good rom <3 only bad thing

it looks messy there should be folders no need to take off windows live or games just in a folder for every app
oh no tabs! I will take out googlemaps on nest release. Will add as cab for updated 4.1. Folders good idea maybe on next release maybe.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: warid

kaaniz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to kaaniz Send a message via Yahoo to kaaniz

The slider sound does not work!!?? any update for that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development