PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 7/14/10 V9.8 Previews, New V9.7.1 Titanium & Lite Roms Added, XDA_UC All Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeltam View Post
thanks for the reply TW. I got it fixed. I went into the registry deleted arcsoft and reinstalled ver. 5.2.12.62 and all is good.

Good info to know for the future if someone on boost ask that question again. thanks
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: 7/14/10 V9.8 Previews, New V9.7.1 Titanium & Lite Roms Added, XDA_UC All Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
Curse you TW!! 6.5.1 is such a great ROM I have no desire to flash to the new one.

Congrats on creating a great ROM, but never fear, it can't last forever. I will get the urge again!!

No, not creating a new one yet. Just trying to find if there is something better than 23563. I really don't think so, but you never know till you try. For the beta 2 version I released today just might be a replacement once we get the problems sorted out. Only time and testing will tell.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Caller ID problem with beta rom test fixed. Will upload updated version and send link in pm to all beta tester's. Now I need information from you about any possible memory leaks on version 23128 (V9.8.1). What is you memory available at boot, after a few task, sms/mms, phone calls. Then check again after letting the phone set for a few hours. Does the memory continue to drop even when the phone is not used. Thanks for your help!
Here are the numbers I got from the Beta 2.

After a fresh flash before XD_UC ran: 60.23

After XD_UC, configuring stuff and another soft reset: 52.13

After a few emails, sms's and a phone call: 41.85

After running some apps like Excel and Word it went down as low as 31 and has remained between 31 and 34 for the last 12 ish hours.

I soft reset it again and am at 51.35 (it is slowly dropping as I watch it).

I noticed that on both Beta's the "Show/Hide" weather animation is partially missing.

I can't attest to the caller id because I don't get any calls not in my phonebook.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Thanks dahoov for the feedback. Well Caller ID is now working for sure. I used the phone past 12hrs at work with many calls placed and received. So far the rom is stable, but will it do the same as 23123 with slowing down after several days I don't know. Also this sys & xip has about 20 megs of extra files. Roms from 23563 are hitting 156-168 mb's in size depending what I cook in. Where a rom with 23128 are 185mb's. When I get the time in the next few days I plan on sorting thru the sys to see why so many files are present in this release. I plan on removing dead weight and posting a beta 3. Com5, aka 235xx series are gone, no more releases after 23569. If we are to continue trying to build a better rom, then 23xxx series is the best way to go for now.

Please clarify this statement "I noticed that on both Beta's the "Show/Hide" weather animation is partially missing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoov View Post
Here are the numbers I got from the Beta 2.

After a fresh flash before XD_UC ran: 60.23

After XD_UC, configuring stuff and another soft reset: 52.13

After a few emails, sms's and a phone call: 41.85

After running some apps like Excel and Word it went down as low as 31 and has remained between 31 and 34 for the last 12 ish hours.

I soft reset it again and am at 51.35 (it is slowly dropping as I watch it).

I noticed that on both Beta's the "Show/Hide" weather animation is partially missing.

I can't attest to the caller id because I don't get any calls not in my phonebook.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 07-18-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 7/8/10 V9.7 Sprint & All Carrier WM6.5.5 2016, CHT 1.8.5,8 Themes

Hi all, I'm back. Wonderful two weeks in southern IL with family and friends. Went searching for summer and while I was gone it showed up in the Pac NW. I did find some on my own though. Wonderful adventures, spent the night in Denver, played golf almost every day (play is used loosely here) and now I'm back and find 20 pages (200 posts) waiting for me to review. Oh, and now several versions of jstine's wonderful rom. I see he still supports everyone the same as always!

First off, I did not get the internet quicklinks on the home tab to show graphics while in Denver. What I did discover was that the quicklink that goes to AccuWeather on the weather tab (for cities that you have added) worked. BTW, does anyone have issues with the AccuWeather data. I was tracking a thunderstorm while in IL which showed the homestead being in the middle of a cell (heavy rain on radar) but when we got there the ground was dry!?

Edit: Whewww, finally caught up! Question: Were the issues fixed in the 9.7.1 also fixed in 9.7? I'm thinking I will start with 9.7. Not a big fan of titanium (I'm sure the speed is better but why they swipe top to bottom vice left to right I don't know). I could probably live with the lite version but memory space has never been an issue for me. Jstine, give me a couple weeks (travelling next week) to recoup and I'll rejoin the beta bandwagon!

Quote:
Internet Tab (Google Search) still need to work on that. Was this problem present before 9.6 (the time I switched to Manila 2016) or just started since 2016?

For the first this morning I got the corrupt graphics in youtube. Working on what the problem is>>>?

Sometimes the internet quicklinks work and sometime they don't. Wait for suntopper to return from his trip. While he was waiting in Denver for his flight he posted a message saying the quicklinks were now working for him. Need to hear what he did or found what it takes to them to work in CHT.

Last edited by suntopper; 07-18-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Please clarify this statement "I noticed that on both Beta's the "Show/Hide" weather animation is partially missing."
Sorry about that. Clearly my clarity needs clarification.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words (picture attached).

Icon on top row second from right. The on/off "Indicator" works fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (126.9 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dahoov; 07-18-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Removed link to local image location.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoov View Post
Sorry about that. Clearly my clarity needs clarification.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words (picture attached).

Icon on top row second from right. The on/off "Indicator" works fine.
"As they say a picture is worth a thousand words (picture attached)."
FOR SURE, now your clarity is in HD.Thanks

Not sure why you don't have the icon. This is a picture from Beta 2. Do a search with Total Commander for a file called "CHT_switch_weather.png" and see if it's on your system.

I'm not happy the icons (Blue Wall Switch) toggle switches. I can do better, too hard to see!

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 07-18-2010 at 11:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Not sure why you don't have the icon. This is a picture from Beta 2. Do a search with Total Commander for a file called "CHT_switch_weather.png" and see if it's on your system.

I'm not happy the icons (Blue Wall Switch) toggle switches. I can do better, too hard to see!
It is there. I cleared the quicklink location and reassigned it and it works now. Maybe there is some sort of corruption in my CHT saved settings file.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Hey welcome back!

I have not released 9.7.1 for the fully loaded rom yet. Been working on several things. For one thing, some of unlucky folks have to stay and work 12 hrs shifts. Not like some folks who get to go places and play golf all day. Before I upload 9.7.1 I wanted to have more than just a few graphics changes and the problem with UTube and keyboard in landscape mode fixed.

BTW: I live in San Antonio Texas, we have summer 10 months out of the year. I will be glad to trade you for nice wet weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Hi all, I'm back. Wonderful two weeks in southern IL with family and friends. Went searching for summer and while I was gone it showed up in the Pac NW. I did find some on my own though. Wonderful adventures, spent the night in Denver, played golf almost every day (play is used loosely here) and now I'm back and find 20 pages (200 posts) waiting for me to review. Oh, and now several versions of jstine's wonderful rom. I see he still supports everyone the same as always!

First off, I did not get the internet quicklinks on the home tab to show graphics while in Denver. What I did discover was that the quicklink that goes to AccuWeather on the weather tab (for cities that you have added) worked. BTW, does anyone have issues with the AccuWeather data. I was tracking a thunderstorm while in IL which showed the homestead being in the middle of a cell (heavy rain on radar) but when we got there the ground was dry!?

Edit: Whewww, finally caught up! Question: Were the issues fixed in the 9.7.1 also fixed in 9.7? I'm thinking I will start with 9.7. Not a big fan of titanium (I'm sure the speed is better but why they swipe top to bottom vice left to right I don't know). I could probably live with the lite version but memory space has never been an issue for me. Jstine, give me a couple weeks (travelling next week) to recoup and I'll rejoin the beta bandwagon!

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 07-18-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I might consider that. It was mid-90s (over 100 heat index) and people looked at us funny when we were out there hitting the ball around. Now it's 9:30 AM and 52 deg in great NW. Not raining though...

Quote:
BTW: I live in San Antonio Texas, we have summer 10 months out of the year. I will be glad to trade you for nice wet weather.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development