PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
ive done all that, and it still shows up

Sorry, shows up on the today screen or the start menu?

Droidrox39
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I don't know excatly why anyone would want to flash from the SD card unless you have to because you have to take the cover off every time. That will wear it out and become loose over time. Just my 2 cents.
Agree with your "have to" - only time I want to flash from SD is when a custom ROM goes nuts when I'm on the road. Then I just want my phone to work.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED
Threadstarter

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
how did you do the backlight settings?

also, i changed the flamerise pic, at least the one i could find, but it still shows up.
its because its not only in the .tsk, its also in the manila file. in the kitchen there should be a tweak called Manila 2.5 - Wallpaper - Flamerise. Look for that and replace the wallpaper in that file..

give me a min and ill upload mine for you to edit...

Last edited by smiznith; 04-28-2010 at 09:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
its because its not only in the .tsk, its also in the manila file. in the kitchen there should be a tweak called Manila 2.5 - Wallpaper - Flamerise. Look for that and replace the wallpaper in that file..

give me a min and ill upload mine for you to edit...

I don't use any of that just the .tsk and this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=484

flamerise is history in my kitchen ...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work

I just built my first 6.5.x rom. I've been building 6.5 roms since my TP1 days and I've figured out everything I wanted with that, so I decided to move on.
I've run into two issues. The first is the volume shows as the default windows. I see that this is a problem, so I'm going to keep looking to see if there's a fix for that. It's not a big deal to me at all. The second problem is a HUGE problem for me though. I have Cookies newest built in and have it preconfigured the same way that I had it with 6.5 with the slide to the right to unlock. However when I go to unlock it, the Windows buttons are on TOP of the slider, so I can't unlock my phone at all. Why would the buttons be showing at all, let alone on top of the slider?
I'm not too worried about the volume, but does anyone have any ideas about fixing the Cookie's lock issue?
BTW.. I'm using 23563 with the newest Cookie's.
Thanks!!
Kevin
Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
I just built my first 6.5.x rom. I've been building 6.5 roms since my TP1 days and I've figured out everything I wanted with that, so I decided to move on.
I've run into two issues. The first is the volume shows as the default windows. I see that this is a problem, so I'm going to keep looking to see if there's a fix for that. It's not a big deal to me at all. The second problem is a HUGE problem for me though. I have Cookies newest built in and have it preconfigured the same way that I had it with 6.5 with the slide to the right to unlock. However when I go to unlock it, the Windows buttons are on TOP of the slider, so I can't unlock my phone at all. Why would the buttons be showing at all, let alone on top of the slider?
I'm not too worried about the volume, but does anyone have any ideas about fixing the Cookie's lock issue?
BTW.. I'm using 23563 with the newest Cookie's.
Thanks!!
Kevin
Watching this video may help you out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOIN...layer_embedded

Secondly enable this to fix your volume:

Applications System - Volume Control 2.2.2012.1229.00
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Thanks, I'll check out that video. However, I do have that Volume Control included.

Kevin
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

I haven't watched the video yet, but I switch Cookie to use the Windows Lock, and it did the same thing (with the default Manila buttons on top of the slider). I switched it to the HD mini lock, and the buttons went away. Now it works properly with any of the 3 locks. If that's the case, why wouldn't it work until after I set it to the HD mini lock?

Kevin
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Zone What are your thoughts on Opera? 9.7 locks up on me all the time but I would like to see what others think I should use that is stable. I have so many pots on the stove I don't have time to test the other Opera versions. Any thoughts or fixes you've heard of?

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Anyone know how to completely set Opera Mini5 as the default browser. I have a package in my kitchen and in my TP ROMS that contains cabs to change the default browsers from 9.7 to 10 or Mini5. The only issue is that when changing to Mini5 links will not open. Same reg edits in each cab just changed the exe which the reg's are pointing to. It works for 9.7 and 10 just not Mini5. I have been testing browser speed and Mini5 is BY FAR the fastest. It isn't even close. Opera 10 is the slowest then IE then Mini5.

I have attached a dump of the reg edits in the cab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development