PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
4.39m, after a night of moderate usage. Your "Wow" doesn't really tell me much... Is that a damn, those numbers are high! or a damn, those numbers are low! ?
If it's really 4.39 mb, then it is low. Mine is at 30 mb and I haven't soft reset in a couple of days. gwes.exe runs a lot of graphical stuff. Mine used to be close to 40 mb all of the time, but it dropped to 30 mb just by reducing my custom start menu icons to 96 dpi from 128 dpi. I'm sure it'd be less if didn't use the custom icons or reduced them further, but I've still got 30-40% free memory...so meh.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

It is really 4.39m... but I got memory issues, so as you say... meh. I haven't looked into start menu icons much as far as space is concerned. I'll do that. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
If it's really 4.39 mb, then it is low. Mine is at 30 mb and I haven't soft reset in a couple of days. gwes.exe runs a lot of graphical stuff. Mine used to be close to 40 mb all of the time, but it dropped to 30 mb just by reducing my custom start menu icons to 96 dpi from 128 dpi. I'm sure it'd be less if didn't use the custom icons or reduced them further, but I've still got 30-40% free memory...so meh.

Task Manager shows my gwes at 3.16M, and 4th process.
DF TaskMan shows it at 13508kb, and largest process.

These two never match.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Interesting. I was using Task Manager.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Interesting. I was using Task Manager.
I don't think it matters which one you use. They are just reference tools. Not sure which one is right.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
It is really 4.39m... but I got memory issues, so as you say... meh. I haven't looked into start menu icons much as far as space is concerned. I'll do that. Thanks for the tip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Task Manager shows my gwes at 3.16M, and 4th process.
DF TaskMan shows it at 13508kb, and largest process.

These two never match.
I've been using dotfred task manager to see how big gwes was. It says 30 mb +, but windows task manager says 6 mb... I guess it depends on what app you use to 'read' the memory usage. I think I'm more inclined to believe the standard windows mobile taskmgr.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The god dang thing finally flashed via unlocker, after a day of trying, unlocker finally worked, and I was able to load the stock sprint rom.

all I can say is holy shite, fook me, I never want to go through that again.

Thank you all for your support, while I was going through my withdrawals!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
The god dang thing finally flashed via unlocker, after a day of trying, unlocker finally worked, and I was able to load the stock sprint rom.

all I can say is holy shite, fook me, I never want to go through that again.

Thank you all for your support, while I was going through my withdrawals!
LOL, glad you got it! Yeah, it's definitely not a fun time.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Heres an EXT of a Custom User-Agent String Selector script I wrote...it lets you change the user-agent string for Opera 9.7, not sure about Opera 10, it contains:
Opera 9.7
Opera 10 Mini
PIE
IE8
Chrome
Firefox
Safari
iPhone
UCWeb
Nexus One
Incredible
Evo
iPad
Attached Files
File Type: rar Applications - CUAS.rar (19.6 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
Heres an EXT of a Custom User-Agent String Selector script I wrote...it lets you change the user-agent string for Opera 9.7, not sure about Opera 10, it contains:
Opera 9.7
Opera 10 Mini
PIE
IE8
Chrome
Firefox
Safari
iPhone
UCWeb
Nexus One
Incredible
Evo
iPad
Sorry, what do you mean Custom User-Agent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development