PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 08:52 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Two questions, I was gonna research and dig thru the kitchen, but what the heck ill just ask.
1. Is it possible to change the glow behind the start menu, or actually make it go away? Heck, everythings possible, guess I'm just being lazy and asking for a push.. That's all I really need.
2.Also, working with a buddy on the same rom, my version/his version. he wants to change the honeycomb start menu to grid. Possible?

I know way too much to get into trouble, just enough to get back out, but not enough to be satisfied!
The file you want to change for the glow is StartMenu_Selection.png, located in the BASE_DPI_192 file in the SYS. You can replace the PNG with a totally transparent image to make it go away.

As far as the honeycomb goes, to the best of my knowledge, no you can't turn it into a grid. You can modifiy the look a bit, even take it down to just one row (search for the Awesome Start Menu at XDA) but you can't change the basic functionality.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearBurn View Post
install the nav after the first boot from cab it should work after that ... tv on the other hand...... mine dont work
I want to cook it in. That's part of the fun of it! Someone must be cooking the navi tab in. Anyone?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I want to cook it in. That's part of the fun of it! Someone must be cooking the navi tab in. Anyone?
Did you try dumping stock MR1 ROM, and try to cook it to see if it works?

I am guessing you need entries from initflashfiles.dat. But I might be wrong..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I tried but I wasn't sure what to do with the payload file. I'll have to research that more and then try what you suggest.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Trying to cook in 28236 last nite...and ran into "found a fake module without file....delet it...?" on quite a few items the ROM was cooking.

I'm sure this is user error (ME)...but I'm not sure what I did wrong. The .rar had 4 folders in it... 28236-Icons-threaded; Oldstyle-dialer; ROM; SYS. Inside the 28236-Icons-threaded folder was another set of folders Oldstyle dialer; ROM; SYS.

When I cooked...I dropped the contents of the SECOND set of ROM/SYS folders where they're supposed to go...but I left the contents int eh Oldstyle folder alone...I wasn't sure where to put that?

I'm not quite sure how to mix and match build parts...so some guidance would be much appreciated.

Last edited by amw1972; 05-15-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
The file you want to change for the glow is StartMenu_Selection.png, located in the BASE_DPI_192 file in the SYS. You can replace the PNG with a totally transparent image to make it go away.

As far as the honeycomb goes, to the best of my knowledge, no you can't turn it into a grid. You can modifiy the look a bit, even take it down to just one row (search for the Awesome Start Menu at XDA) but you can't change the basic functionality.
Thanks! Was able to get a flash in before work. Looks like its gonna be a good day!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:31 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Two questions, I was gonna research and dig thru the kitchen, but what the heck ill just ask.
1. Is it possible to change the glow behind the start menu, or actually make it go away? Heck, everythings possible, guess I'm just being lazy and asking for a push.. That's all I really need.
2.Also, working with a buddy on the same rom, my version/his version. he wants to change the honeycomb start menu to grid. Possible?

I know way too much to get into trouble, just enough to get back out, but not enough to be satisfied!
2. No, it's not configurable (even though StartMenuCust_480x800.cpr has an entry "HexagonGrid=TRUE". The basic hexagonal structure is embedded in a dll.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I tried but I wasn't sure what to do with the payload file. I'll have to research that more and then try what you suggest.
You know I can't stand to see a fellow chief struggle. So here are the EXTs that I use in my ROM. I had issues as well cooking them in then I edited the app.dat or app.reg and got them working. Hope they work for you as well.

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Any chance you could post looks great, Any idea how you messaging font is the size it is? I use a RaidZero's Kitchen and My font for messaging is huge... I know about adjusting in the menu Small-Large but that only effects the message body and not the list of conversations in the Inbox.... I am Using 235xx builds not sure if thats what your using...
Use calculins tweaks. Its one of those provxml files he has, and it gives small fonts like that.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Does anyont know what makes sense go completly black when it wakes up from sleep? going into the start menu then back always brings it back.

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development