PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||03-20-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

LEAD ROM 03.20.11 SPRINT.exe - this was the version I used. Everything seemed to work okay - except for the "call waiting" alert/beep not happening during an active call.

The only time I see an incoming call otherwise is if I happen to be looking at the phone during my current call.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|~[LEAD ROM]~|6.5||03-20-11|-|6.5.X BETA||11-10-10| [*Sprint*] [*Multi-Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
I tested Twitter out and it seems to be back working fine. At least in my ROM, it's working fine. No login errors like before.
Can someone confirm that we don't have to do the backup procedure?

Also can we still install 16 quick links with the home tab mods made?

Last edited by briggs; 06-30-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

22stars is just getting started

leadpoizon, the only issues i have found so far with this beta (6.29) is when i slide my keyboard out and begin typing in a text message, all of a sudden the phone dialer comes up on the screen - it happens almost every time, and sometimes (not every time) if i decide to just use the on screen keyboard it will get really wide and be half cut off on the screen (it doesn't fit).

otherwise, speed and memory are wicked awesome.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
I never made a backup of my twitter login information and had assumed that Peep was dead for me, but then when I flashed Lead's latest rom and just for fun I tried Peep and it authenticated me successfully. So to answer briggs' question, from my experience no backup/restore process is necessary to maintain HTC Peep functionality.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Battery seems to be draining insanely fast with the same things running on the latest beta. I will redownload and reflash and see if it changes. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Love the ROM so far, especially 16 quick links. Now I don't have to deal with the lack from CHT...
Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Anyone know how to enable / activate the "call waiting" incoming tone/beep
during active phone calls? I do not receive a sound/tone/beep during active calls.

via registry editor :

looked at registry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting
and sound set to "callwait.wav" , Script "apr" , category "incall"

I had a friend call me from a landline to test this out while on their mobile. Still no incoming call waiting tone when on initial active call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
LEAD ROM 03.20.11 SPRINT.exe - this was the version I used. Everything seemed to work okay - except for the "call waiting" alert/beep not happening during an active call.

The only time I see an incoming call otherwise is if I happen to be looking at the phone during my current call.
I just tested this out by calling myself from another cellphone, and then calling from a land-line phone. I heard a beep sound as you normally would for each ring of the call. The problem doesn't seem to be present in the beta.

Quote:

Also can we still install 16 quick links with the home tab mods made?
16 quicklinks? The 15 aren't enough, eh? Lol. This is the RSS home tab, so whatever that applies to the RSS home tab will work. Other stuff might not, or will end up taking out the RSS reader, if it doesn't crash your sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22stars View Post
leadpoizon, the only issues i have found so far with this beta (6.29) is when i slide my keyboard out and begin typing in a text message, all of a sudden the phone dialer comes up on the screen - it happens almost every time, and sometimes (not every time) if i decide to just use the on screen keyboard it will get really wide and be half cut off on the screen (it doesn't fit).

otherwise, speed and memory are wicked awesome.
I've been texting a bit since I flashed the latest beta. I haven't seen any of these problems so far. I'll keep looking and testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualls View Post
Battery seems to be draining insanely fast with the same things running on the latest beta. I will redownload and reflash and see if it changes. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Love the ROM so far, especially 16 quick links. Now I don't have to deal with the lack from CHT...
Hmm, I'll have to test the battery out more thoroughly. I thought the changes I made would improve memory management, and those might have had an effect on the battery. More rigorous memory checking = more processing power = more battery usage. I'll try to find a median.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:01 AM
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon View Post
16 quicklinks? The 15 aren't enough, eh? Lol. This is the RSS home tab, so whatever that applies to the RSS home tab will work. Other stuff might not, or will end up taking out the RSS reader, if it doesn't crash your sense.
Sorry, I should have taken a look at the screenshot you posted of the new homescreen .

You're commitment to responding to user feedback is commendable. Thanks.

[EDIT]: When I try to download my twitter direct messages I get the following error: "Download error: You have reached twitter access limits fro the moment". They still go to my email though so not a huge deal. my @mentions are dowwnloading though

Last edited by briggs; 07-08-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM
mcom

Anyone else not receiving their twitter DMs?

I'm experiencing lag/skips with audiomanager playback. the 3-20 release I was on previoulsy did not have this problem. Also, when listening to music and trying to answer the call it hangs up when I slide to answer.

Also, after using the RSS home tab widget for a few days, I'm rather indifferent to it. A quicklink to the RSS hub is just as useful as I like to scan headlines and choose what I want to read.

I might find it more useful if I could select 1 or 2 feeds only to show the headlines from.

Other than these issues the beta is running great.

Last edited by briggs; 07-11-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 PM
mcom

wow it sure has been quiet in here.

With the latest beta I'm finding that my RSS channels are getting wiped periodically due to the home tab integration.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The latest RC to come soon. Solved most of the problems people have been having in the beta. Let me know of any problems that need to be addressed. I have the following stuff so far:

-Call waiting beep issue - solved.
-Music tab sound hiccups - solved, still doing more tests.
-Keyboard sliding and dialer coming up - could not reproduce.
-Battery draining - still testing, but solved, I think.

Quote:
wow it sure has been quiet in here.

With the latest beta I'm finding that my RSS channels are getting wiped periodically due to the home tab integration.

That might be because they are getting read by the news reader and RSS Hub just gets rud of already read stuff. I'll try to see if I can integrate an enable/disable function for the News Reader, for people who don't want to use it. Otherwise, I'll release a cab. (I've been busy with work and school... >_>)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development