PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠New BigCo0kie 23563 ROM Very Fast/Very Clean⚠ ☼Color ROM Coming☼

i tried using WMWifiRouter that's cooked into the ROM and can't get it to work properly. I select Sprint and then start up "cellular to usb". i hook it up to the computer and it show connected and says the computer has internet access, but i cant connect to the internet or even ping google.com. any suggestions?

on a side note, i really like using Swype because you can just drag your finger around the keyboard and it guesses the word you want.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠New BigCo0kie 23563 ROM Very Fast/Very Clean⚠ ☼Color ROM Coming☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
Quick gps did not solve the problem It downloaded fine, but google maps still could not connect to the gps satellites. I am going to try to flash back to stock ( I just got everything set the way I like it), but from doing some searches, it seems more likely it is a hardware issue.

Thank you again for your help, and this awesome rom.
I just switched to BigCo0kie from the OF MightyROM and am really loving it. I had a similar problem with google maps. I went to Windows Live and Bing and was able to get a GPS lock on that side. After this, went back to Google Maps and selected the "blue dot" on the Google Map (SF in my case) and after a minute, I was getting a GPS lock with 5 to 6 satellites. I have experienced a similar situation previously on MM ROM's and had a similar experience. You might give this a try. Once it seems to find the sats, it seems to do OK (you also might try being outside if you are doing from within a large building). Hope it helps! Good luck.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

Hey kymikes ! A fellow Kentuckian

Was just thinking about the custom "hourglass" in this ROM. Think we could get one like Knight Rider or a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica !

I'm kidding but had to mention the resemblance.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjman View Post
I gotta say, as much as color is in....the B/W is awesome as the battery drain is soooo much less than a color ROM would be-and noticeably so.

Now I last all day long instead of having to swap a battery at 2PMish. Mostly BT headset and under 5 texts a day, but I burn the phone mins up.

Love the BiG stuff-on the MaxManilla cooked in version!

waiting for Maxsense to drop like the other good folks here-glad to see it is taking your time, that means we are close!

yes yes yes!
I don't believe in hypnotism or Color on your home screen draining the battery any faster. Regardless, still looking forward to BIG'S release.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

amjman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
I don't believe in hypnotism or Color on your home screen draining the battery any faster. Regardless, still looking forward to BIG'S release.
when you use the thing constantly, as I have been recently, it does make a difference with the B/W-not much, just enough though....of course prob due to the wonderful big screen. I have two batteries on me at all times, so, it's not a big deal, but trying out ROMs with lots of animations and colors i can tell the difference. certainly not scientific!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Is MaxSense still in beta testing or has the project been killed?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Taskbar Update

Trying to work this new taskbar.. Trying many different things and just wanted to post my progress to get input.. I have not touched the battery yet, but plan to... the idea of this taskbar is i want it easy to see...

Input is welcome...

Old 05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Is MaxSense still in beta testing or has the project been killed?
Big is just a beta tester for MaxSense, he is not responsible for its public release... --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...625652&page=62
Old 05-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
Taskbar Update

Trying to work this new taskbar.. Trying many different things and just wanted to post my progress to get input.. I have not touched the battery yet, but plan to... the idea of this taskbar is i want it easy to see...

Input is welcome...
just sitting here looking at these screen and wondering, does this look too much like stock? that text icon i custom made, but looks awful close to the stock one.... i like the "clearness" of the signal bars, but it still looks a little plain.. The problem is the 32x32 area i have to work with.. trying to apply bevels/fades/etc and its not showing up bc its so small of an area... not giving up, just getting input.... not sure where i want to go here.....

Last edited by bignadad; 05-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mychaluva is a n00b

I'd love to see a numeric battery indicator instead of the graphic version. Also looking forward to a color ROM. The black/white version is a nice change, but a little splash of flash would also be nice.

Great ROM!

Last edited by mychaluva; 05-03-2010 at 10:01 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development