View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
kymikes
PPCGeeks Regular

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BiGnAdAd ROM} ⚠New BigCo0kie 23563 ROM Very Fast/Very Clean⚠ ☼Color ROM Coming☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
Quick gps did not solve the problem It downloaded fine, but google maps still could not connect to the gps satellites. I am going to try to flash back to stock ( I just got everything set the way I like it), but from doing some searches, it seems more likely it is a hardware issue.

Thank you again for your help, and this awesome rom.
I just switched to BigCo0kie from the OF MightyROM and am really loving it. I had a similar problem with google maps. I went to Windows Live and Bing and was able to get a GPS lock on that side. After this, went back to Google Maps and selected the "blue dot" on the Google Map (SF in my case) and after a minute, I was getting a GPS lock with 5 to 6 satellites. I have experienced a similar situation previously on MM ROM's and had a similar experience. You might give this a try. Once it seems to find the sats, it seems to do OK (you also might try being outside if you are doing from within a large building). Hope it helps! Good luck.