PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: Version 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I have no issues with Wifi sharing either. Just teathering with the usb, then selecting internet from the popup gets flagged by Verizon. The hotfix I mentioned works great. Just install cab, soft reset and re-tether and select internet and off to surfin!

All else is still running well. Had a slight issue when receiving a call the dialer wants to fight with the lockscreen. Its random and I have had the issue on a couple other ROMs so I know it's not specific to this ROM. I have not tried the other dialer you listed previously.
Thanks again!!
So teathering issue is only with verizon then? If so, I can add that fix to the prov cab, no biggie.

Dont install that dialer, I think there is a ringtone bug in it. I need to take that down.

I am looking into other CDMA dialers, I dont like these GSM dialers anymore! I just cant find one that works right, when cooked in!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

awitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
So teathering issue is only with verizon then? If so, I can add that fix to the prov cab, no biggie.

Dont install that dialer, I think there is a ringtone bug in it. I need to take that down.

I am looking into other CDMA dialers, I dont like these GSM dialers anymore! I just cant find one that works right, when cooked in!
If possable can you find a cdma dialer with the facebook intragration??
Old 03-18-2010, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awitt View Post
If possable can you find a cdma dialer with the facebook intragration??
No I dont think so...CDMA world is really far behind compared to GSM world! lol

I can have a cab for the GSM dialer though! Or maybe leave the dialer alone, and have user install it!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

nombar is a n00b
Re: |ROM|WWE|BharS|5.2.23547.5.5.0|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5 Black Edition|LeoD|XDA_UC|17MAR|B

i really enjoy this rom i keep coming back to it after trying out other ones. actually gettin ready to reflash it after goin to the official sprint 6.5 update. my only qualm is that for some reason it wont allow me to set call forwarding is that just a function that the tp2 doesnt have or an issue with the rom or just my phone. the reason i need the call forwarding is so i can use a phone fusion visual voicemail app. just wondering if you can help me out with that.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: |ROM|WWE|BharS|5.2.23547.5.5.0|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5 Black Edition|LeoD|XDA_UC|17MAR|B

Quote:
Originally Posted by nombar View Post
i really enjoy this rom i keep coming back to it after trying out other ones. actually gettin ready to reflash it after goin to the official sprint 6.5 update. my only qualm is that for some reason it wont allow me to set call forwarding is that just a function that the tp2 doesnt have or an issue with the rom or just my phone. the reason i need the call forwarding is so i can use a phone fusion visual voicemail app. just wondering if you can help me out with that.
Which version are you using? I think its the problem with GSM Leo Dialer. I am testing a CDMA dialer now, and will include this in my next release. Hope to have a new one soon...
Old 03-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

nombar is a n00b

im using your version 3. the only other problem i have noticed is with the dialer as well sometimes the keypad doesnt show up but if i slide out the keyboard and push it back to portrait the keypad reappears
Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im on the Cricket Mobile network here in Omaha, NE and ive always used one version or another of NRGs roms for around a year or so on my original Sprint branded Touch Pro until I finally made the switch last November to a Sprint branded Touch Pro 2 that i again flashed for use on the Cricket Mobile Network again and when i went to flash one of NRGs roms to my TP2 i noticed that the data connection would always erase and go back to its defaults and wouldnt hold the data connection settings necessary for use with Cricket Mobile anymore for some reason. Ive been flashing roms 3-4 times a week and never found another rom i liked quite as much until i found your rom.See im able to use every CDMA rom on ppcgeeks.com for my TP2 with no problems at all with anything except mms issues alot of he time.But i never had working mms on my original TPro anyways so i kinda expected that.But i definetly like ur rom.Its by far one of the cleanest,neatest,and still loaded well with not a bunch of extra junk,just the right amount of the right apps that work correctly and function well with this rom in particular.But i have noticed that the Xperia taskmanager when i press on the time in the upper right corner it wont launch the taskmanager unless i have an app or something open.If no app or programs are open then when i want to check the taskmanager by tapping the upper right corner the taskmanager just blinks and the animations start over.But thats not a big deal to me. but Im not quite used to using this file explorer anymore and a cpl other things id like to brush up on, like what is the easiest way to set up custom ringtones?And how do u change the ringtone or sounds for new incoming text msgs?Also when i try to use the options link w2hen ive got the dialer displayed i cant check or setup or change or even see any CDMA settings like every other rom.So u can change the settings like; GPS location setting to 911 only or ON,so u can delete the Voicemail icon without having to listen to ur voicemail,the TTY Mode settings,NAM 1,2, or auto NAM settings,and several others i cant think of.But i know that the rom is still in its beta stages so i know i cant expect perfection but ive still been running ur 2nd CDMA TP2 rom and now im running ur 3rd CDMA TP2 rom and ive done alot of visual customizations to the home screen and any apps or programs that ive added ive installed into the start menu folders u already have and ive matched all of the apps/programs ive installed with matching icons to keep everything looking clean.Let me tell u i did do some extra work but i know absolutely just love this rom know.I can still use Maxmanila 3.0 and it works great.I do wish i had a little more free memory.I updated to CleanRam 2.0 and theres a noticeable difference between CleanRam 1.9.9 and CleanRam 2.0.Especially the ability to choose the between TF2D,TF3D,Sense,And SPB Mobile Shell.And it also tends to do alo better job of cleaning up ram than the older versions.Id like to try this rom cfc compresed but im worried then that the Maxmanila i like so much will no longer be compatible.But i could live witout Maxmanila if it just had a WM 6.5.5, Sense 2.5 rom that is cfc compressed.Ive noticed that alot of the cfc compressed roms tend to have less lag and use less memory than the non cfc compressed roms.Not that this rom needs to be cfc compressed because ive noticed that even after all of my customizations; Maxmanila 3.0, HTC GPS Tool,Custom transparent T-Mobile clock,transparent top and bottom curtains,custom transparent slider,Ninja duck repacked Opera 10 B3,Ruppy Super Arcade, and a few more i cant think of this rom is still very quick and snappy whether im using the bottom slider,which is alot quicker than the older roms, or opening an app or getting on my wifi network or even just my EVDO network this rom is i think about ready to come out of beta with just a little more tweaking.Thanks for giving me a rom ive been looking for for along time.and i cant wait to see the next rom.This is finally a rom i like as much as NRGs and it actually works for me on Cricket.Keep up the excellent work and thanks again.

Last edited by lbcary; 03-20-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Version 4 Out!!

Alright people, version 4 is out. I have release two versions this time, one Full with all good stuff, and a lite one, who likes more storage space, and less use of RAM.

Also removed leo dialer, and replaced with Spring CDMA dialer. For those who had issues with this dialer, this CDMA dialer should fix things. Also, if you want to get Leo dialer, then go to post #4 and install it manually.

I am planning to add more spring cabs in post #4 as well. Will upload more tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I really appreciated your feedback. Glad it all worked well in cricket network. Dialer issues you are mentioning is a problem with GSM dialer. I have updated the latest release with CDMA dialer, and it should fix your issues.

I dont like CFC compression, I think it slows things down to compress anything. So I dont plan on doing that anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Im on the Cricket Mobile network here in Omaha, NE and ive always used one version or another of NRGs roms for around a year or so on my original Sprint branded Touch Pro until I finally made the switch last November to a Sprint branded Touch Pro 2 that i again flashed for use on the Cricket Mobile Network again and when i went to flash one of NRGs roms to my TP2 i noticed that the data connection would always erase and go back to its defaults and wouldnt hold the data connection settings necessary for use with Cricket Mobile anymore for some reason. Ive been flashing roms 3-4 times a week and never found another rom i liked quite as much until i found your rom.See im able to use every CDMA rom on ppcgeeks.com for my TP2 with no problems at all with anything except mms issues alot of he time.But i never had working mms on my original TPro anyways so i kinda expected that.But i definetly like ur rom.Its by far one of the cleanest,neatest,and still loaded well with not a bunch of extra junk,just the right amount of the right apps that work correctly and function well with this rom in particular.But i have noticed that the Xperia taskmanager when i press on the time in the upper right corner it wont launch the taskmanager unless i have an app or something open.If no app or programs are open then when i want to check the taskmanager by tapping the upper right corner the taskmanager just blinks and the animations start over.But thats not a big deal to me. but Im not quite used to using this file explorer anymore and a cpl other things id like to brush up on, like what is the easiest way to set up custom ringtones?And how do u change the ringtone or sounds for new incoming text msgs?Also when i try to use the options link w2hen ive got the dialer displayed i cant check or setup or change or even see any CDMA settings like every other rom.So u can change the settings like; GPS location setting to 911 only or ON,so u can delete the Voicemail icon without having to listen to ur voicemail,the TTY Mode settings,NAM 1,2, or auto NAM settings,and several others i cant think of.But i know that the rom is still in its beta stages so i know i cant expect perfection but ive still been running ur 2nd CDMA TP2 rom and now im running ur 3rd CDMA TP2 rom and ive done alot of visual customizations to the home screen and any apps or programs that ive added ive installed into the start menu folders u already have and ive matched all of the apps/programs ive installed with matching icons to keep everything looking clean.Let me tell u i did do some extra work but i know absolutely just love this rom know.I can still use Maxmanila 3.0 and it works great.I do wish i had a little more free memory.I updated to CleanRam 2.0 and theres a noticeable difference between CleanRam 1.9.9 and CleanRam 2.0.Especially the ability to choose the between TF2D,TF3D,Sense,And SPB Mobile Shell.And it also tends to do alo better job of cleaning up ram than the older versions.Id like to try this rom cfc compresed but im worried then that the Maxmanila i like so much will no longer be compatible.But i could live witout Maxmanila if it just had a WM 6.5.5, Sense 2.5 rom that is cfc compressed.Ive noticed that alot of the cfc compressed roms tend to have less lag and use less memory than the non cfc compressed roms.Not that this rom needs to be cfc compressed because ive noticed that even after all of my customizations; Maxmanila 3.0, HTC GPS Tool,Custom transparent T-Mobile clock,transparent top and bottom curtains,custom transparent slider,Ninja duck repacked Opera 10 B3,Ruppy Super Arcade, and a few more i cant think of this rom is still very quick and snappy whether im using the bottom slider,which is alot quicker than the older roms, or opening an app or getting on my wifi network or even just my EVDO network this rom is i think about ready to come out of beta with just a little more tweaking.Thanks for giving me a rom ive been looking for for along time.and i cant wait to see the next rom.This is finally a rom i like as much as NRGs and it actually works for me on Cricket.Keep up the excellent work and thanks again.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nombar View Post
im using your version 3. the only other problem i have noticed is with the dialer as well sometimes the keypad doesnt show up but if i slide out the keyboard and push it back to portrait the keypad reappears
Flash version 4, it has CDMA dialer, and it should solve the issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development