PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Smells like cooking here
At the time I flashed the 3/5/10 Mr X ROM, I confess that I had a deep addiction to ROM Flashing. I had tried them all, and was constantly looking for something "out there" better. Every time there was a new ROM in the forum, I didn't care whose name was on it, I had to at least flash it and look at it. Then Mr X came along. My constant need/desire to flash was over. Sure, I still have continued to read the other threads out of curiosity, but since nothing had drawn me away, I THOUGHT I had beaten my addiction. Then you go and throw this one little line into the forum, and it's like Tiger Woods with a new woman. All of the uncontrollable desires to flash have just came rushing back to me. I guess I really am a hopeless addict. BRING IT ON!!!! =D>
Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Smells like cooking here
ill hit thanx just for them words.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Smells like cooking here

APRIL FOOLS!!!

(hope not)
Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Okay, synced up the phone and using it now, it is most excellent. A few questions/comments I hope others can help with:

1. Wifi is acting wierd. Whenever I put phone into standby and power back on, the taskbar shows an E for where the wifi icon is. I hit the notifications area and there is no "Wifi not connected" even there for me to tap on to connect. When I go into the Comm Manager, Wifi is on, and tapping on it does bring up visible networks. I tried Eschelon's "KeepWifiOnWhenIdle" cab from MightyROM's first page that I was just using with MR, but doesn't do anything here.

2. Memory usage is good mostly, but currently I am running no apps and it's sitting at 76%. Does cleanRAM work on this ROM (only tried on stock 6.1, checking before it breaks anything). I don't know what I might be doing wrong, I just installed FDSoft Task Manager, and I am seeing "gwes.exe" is using 33164KB (33megs) right now if that means anything. Don't have Opera or anything even running in background.
Okay, I have pretty much solved the wifi issue with the regedit keepwifionwhenunattended, and memory usage I'm seeing is not that big a deal as fishingmedic explained. My main nag was the lag on the home screen, but I have come to a very good setting with CHT, 2 pages of 4x4, hide empty quick links, hide shortcut text back, hide icon frames and optimized animation. It's pretty damn good now.

New issue I just noticed is that I have the phone set to vibrate+ring on incoming call, but the vibrating is ridiculous and it lasts until maybe 1-2 seconds into the call even, how can I tame this beast without turning the vibrating off? Oh boy there's a lot of innuendos in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
3. How do I make the doggone Albums close instead of minimizing when I hit the back arrow on a picture?
^^ And how do I do this?

Again I'd like to reiterate how badass this ROM is. Simple things like loading the contacts is so fast, even sliding between the details/messages/call history, and that stuff is very very important to me as I run a good chunk of my business off the phone. Viva Mr. X!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:35 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
APRIL FOOLS!!!

(hope not)
That would be cruel if it was. I hit "thanks" to him for the post anyway!
Old 04-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First of all I would like Mr X for this GREAT ROM!!!! My first custom ROM and I Love it!! =D> I am running the Sprint Version and I have had the rom for 4 days. The only problem I had so far is with my flip clock, it sometime gets stuck between two numbers, for example half the number would say 1 and the other half would say 2. Also the flip clock is sometime late a few minutes..it was late 2mins yesterday? It was 2:20am and the flip clock was showing 2:18am. Any fixes????????
Old 04-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What version of CleanRam works best for you guys on THIS ROM. I'm asking because when I was on stock 6.1 or 6.5 Sprint Rom, CleanRam v1.8 worked best and freed up the most Ram for me.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Is there a cab to show 1% battery on the Home Screen?????
Old 04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
First of all I would like Mr X for this GREAT ROM!!!! My first custom ROM and I Love it!! =D> I am running the Sprint Version and I have had the rom for 4 days. The only problem I had so far is with my flip clock, it sometime gets stuck between two numbers, for example half the number would say 1 and the other half would say 2. Also the flip clock is sometime late a few minutes..it was late 2mins yesterday? It was 2:20am and the flip clock was showing 2:18am. Any fixes????????
I've tried a lot of ROM's and I don't know that I've ever had one that DIDN'T do this every once in a while. Although it is aggravating, it is something that doesn't usually last past the next minute change. I've tried going to other tabs on my phone and back, tapping on the clock, and back, and several other things that don't come to mind right now, but the only two things I have found that are likely to work, is wait on the next minute, or soft reset the phone if it is REALLY stuck. Sorry for the "no help" but that has been my findings on this anomaly.

Last edited by GaryMcQ; 04-01-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
Is there a cab to show 1% battery on the Home Screen?????
Yes there are several cabs which do that, and I would be willing to post the cab right here for you, but I've read some complaints about people doing that rather than just linking you back to where the original post is. If you will go to the list of ROM's page, and click on the paper clip off to the right, it will bring up a list of all the cabs which have been submitted in each thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development