PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
This is not meant to be any criticism, I love Juggs work

I was running the latest Mr. X since it came out, I did not have the experience you did though. I was running pretty much stock, no programs loaded that I can think of besides shazam, nanogroove and it would slow down on me all the time. (I hadn't even used those programs yet) slow down I mean, sliding tabs would stall, delays in typing, etc. did the flash dance many times to retry.

the main thing for me was I kept having one email account mess up, all my messages would be gone (imap account)

Since you are a self proclaimed flashaholic, I would be curious to your comparison in speed between Mr. X and Adrians Blackout rom here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105295

Its not perfect but it is by far the fastest sense 2.5 rom I have tried, no slow downs. It is on 6.1 though.

Not trying to start a rom war, just looking for another perspective

Thanks,

Mike
not a fair comparison 6.1 to 6.5 imo
Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
has anyone installed the CookieMonster Home Tab on this rom? if so, what works?
i used it and others and max and theres posts on it some pages back.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Just looking for another perspective, Like I said, I know things are different and you need to make sacrifices for each rom out there. Still trying to find the best balance myself
Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
This is not meant to be any criticism, I love Juggs work

I was running the latest Mr. X since it came out, I did not have the experience you did though. I was running pretty much stock, no programs loaded that I can think of besides shazam, nanogroove and it would slow down on me all the time. (I hadn't even used those programs yet) slow down I mean, sliding tabs would stall, delays in typing, etc. did the flash dance many times to retry.

the main thing for me was I kept having one email account mess up, all my messages would be gone (imap account)

Since you are a self proclaimed flashaholic, I would be curious to your comparison in speed between Mr. X and Adrians Blackout rom here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105295

Its not perfect but it is by far the fastest sense 2.5 rom I have tried, no slow downs. It is on 6.1 though.

Not trying to start a rom war, just looking for another perspective

Thanks,

Mike
Haha yeah I feel you on that ROM war but I agree with Darren. Comparing the two to me is trying to compare an older model car suped up against a newer model car. Its all going to fall on preference. In my personal opinion I would not go back to 6.1 after using 6.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
has anyone installed the CookieMonster Home Tab on this rom? if so, what works?
It works. It kinda lags a bit but after a few seconds it speeds up some. The Cookie Mods cab even works. I personally dont use it because speed is my friend and like I said this slows down the ROM a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
+1 Agreed

Quote:
Just looking for another perspective, Like I said, I know things are different and you need to make sacrifices for each rom out there. Still trying to find the best balance myself
Yeah Ive flashed almost every and anything. Other than the new Betas from new chefs but as far as the name brand stuff as you can call it Ive tried them all and I personally fell here and keep coming back. I was using MM for a long while before I tired of 2.1 and started trying his 2.5 projects and so I noticed that I really liked it. Then I heard a lot of ppl giving this ROM props and so I tried and now Im stuck. To each is his/her own tho. Hope you find the balance you are looking for.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
It works. It kinda lags a bit but after a few seconds it speeds up some. The Cookie Mods cab even works. I personally dont use it because speed is my friend and like I said this slows down the ROM a bit.

Do u use any mod for more Home links? I am using cookies 1.6 but if you have a better suggestion as far as speed/performance I am willing to try to that. Thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnoevl21 View Post
its been a few hours since my hard reset and still at 50% batt and thats with data running nonstop, bt on, and like 7 programs running the whole time. this means that one of my mods is causing the batt drain, the question is...which one? my guess would be cookie only cuz it is the biggest. is anyone using cookie 1.6.1 and having or not having a batt drain issue?
i know its been a pia hardresetting and all so thanx given for all that, best way to figure out whats causing you issues is to install your apps. ect. one by one but let phone go for couple hours after each install to try and see which app. is causing the issue, it may take time but it will be worth it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

good measures: before a flash do soft/hard reset after a fresh flash hard/soft reset. allow OS to settle in which truthly take about three days to do so. in that time period easy on the heavy customizing. slow and steady wins the race. some of mr.x users are heavy power users -customozing and major apps-and they know how to handle the things that come along with that.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Do u use any mod for more Home links? I am using cookies 1.6 but if you have a better suggestion as far as speed/performance I am willing to try to that. Thanks
Yeah I personally use Santods 16 links. Its not as many quicklinks as cookie and it doesnt have the cool slide down calendar thing but it gives you 16 quicklinks. Thats all I really need tho. I dont like setting up 100 quicklinks.....cuz if an update comes along.....fand you reflash......you gotta set up 100 quicklinks. Nuff said.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

After seeing the extensive rom comparisons I think I'm gonna have to give this rom a shot.

coming from mr x 2.1. Will I notice an improvement or degradation?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:27 PM
acs tester

[Qyou canUOTE=youngpro83;1625373]Yeah I personally use Santods 16 links. Its not as many quicklinks as cookie and it doesnt have the cool slide down calendar thing but it gives you 16 quicklinks. Thats all I really need tho. I dont like setting up 100 quicklinks.....cuz if an update comes along.....fand you reflash......you gotta set up 100 quicklinks. Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

you can have quicklinks load for you after flash, saw how to do it but forgot where. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development