PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Has anyone had any problems changing Sense wallpapers? It doesn't read my card right anymore, only 2 folders out of about 10 show up now & I have to move my wallpapers to internal memory to see them. I'm thinking I may need to defrag my card or something.
Defragging an SD card is probably the worst thing you could attempt. A. It's pointless. It's not really set up to defrag, B. You would probably do more harm than good if you really did it.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
Ok thanks ill try that i just hope its not my battery im sure replacements are anything but cheap.
If you live in an area that US Cellular also provides in, find a buddy that has a TP2 with US Cellular and just have him do a battery swap. US Cellular swaps batteries for free. Fully charged I might add.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
yes it works perfectly. But have to install it a certain way. If you did not install it right, delete it and start over.

First save mode9.zip to your storage card unzip mode9.dll to your storage card.

1. Install Max Manila 2.5 v3 onto the phone
2. DO NOT RESET YET.
when done, just click no and cancel on the you must reset to take affect screen.
3. Goto start/settings/Today settings/ and click on the items tab.
select windows default.

USE TOTAL COMMANDER FOR NEXT STEP

4. COPY mode9.dll from your storage card, to your windows Folder (No subfolder)
5. click yes to overwrite.
6. Soft Reset
7 Goto Start/settings/Today Settings/ and click on the items tab.
Select HTC Sense

walah! It works.
That is a lot of work lol but i never use TOTAL COMMANDER..
The way i do it is from desktop, uncheck HTC sense then install Max manila, then copy mode9 to windows folder on phone....Takes like 2 mins

Last edited by Young DC; 03-25-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young DC View Post
That is a lot of work lol but i never use TOTAL COMMANDER..
The way i do it is from desktop, uncheck HTC sense then install Max manila, then copy mode9 to windows folder on phone....Takes like 2 mins
technically it should be installed while sense is running. Even the creator says that in his instructions.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
yes it works perfectly. But have to install it a certain way. If you did not install it right, delete it and start over.

First save mode9.zip to your storage card unzip mode9.dll to your storage card.

1. Install Max Manila 2.5 v3 onto the phone
2. DO NOT RESET YET.
when done, just click no and cancel on the you must reset to take affect screen.
3. Goto start/settings/Today settings/ and click on the items tab.
select windows default.

USE TOTAL COMMANDER FOR NEXT STEP

4. COPY mode9.dll from your storage card, to your windows Folder (No subfolder)
5. click yes to overwrite.
6. Soft Reset
7 Goto Start/settings/Today Settings/ and click on the items tab.
Select HTC Sense

walah! It works.
Good info...I thanked ya for it....will save it for others as I am not a big fan of Max...
Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

jmy72 has one scary avatar, bro is that picture like a army or cop picture? man you look pissed.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
technically it should be installed while sense is running. Even the creator says that in his instructions.
That is true but doing it from a pc you have to uncheck sense before copying the mode9 to windows folder, other wise it will not over write the old one.....
Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
Sorry - noob question!
I want to flash to this rom but I am not sure how? The link downloads a .exe file - are there different steps to flashing this type of file? BTW - I typically flash from my sd card.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
If this is the first time you've flashed, it's too bad you're starting on a Mr X ROM. You won't get the joy and frustration of searching through ROM after ROM looking for the best one out there - 'cuz you're starting with the best! I spent a couple of months aimlessly switching from ROM to ROM, and just happened upon this one between flashes of my then favorite ROM, which I thought I would never leave. Within just a very few minutes I knew that this one was different, and that my search was over. Hope you enjoy it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
If this is the first time you've flashed, it's too bad you're starting on a Mr X ROM. You won't get the joy and frustration of searching through ROM after ROM looking for the best one out there - 'cuz you're starting with the best! I spent a couple of months aimlessly switching from ROM to ROM, and just happened upon this one between flashes of my then favorite ROM, which I thought I would never leave. Within just a very few minutes I knew that this one was different, and that my search was over. Hope you enjoy it!
I skimmed over your post in my email, and got hung up on the 'too bad your starting with X...." and thought 'wtf??' Calmed down, reread it and laughed- you are 100% correct GaryMcQ- witty way to say it and I appreciate the chuckle.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
I skimmed over your post in my email, and got hung up on the 'too bad your starting with X...." and thought 'wtf??' Calmed down, reread it and laughed- you are 100% correct GaryMcQ- witty way to say it and I appreciate the chuckle.
+1 i got pissed, then come in here to see the post and laughed

I'm not running a MR.X ROM for now ONLY because i love 6.5x, But MR.X and Mighty have the best roms around...with Vin roms running 3rd place

Last edited by Young DC; 03-25-2010 at 01:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development