PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *NEW*[03/18/10]V4.2 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (28232 & 23542) MAX 3.0 Roms

Teaser Pictures of coming Purple Passion rom. Now you can have your Timberwolf theme and Purple Passion all in one. WOW!
For now I have left Max 3.0 in, but to me it slows the phone to much. Please give me feedback on what you think. Beta version uploading to Mediafire @ 12:21 CMT. If everything goes ok, I will post the link for the beta at the bottom of this screen. Only All Carrier for now, with no SprintTV or Nav. Also the fix for VZW MMS is in this build, no need to add the cab post second boot.

Default boot screen will be the Timberwolf theme. Select Settings Tab, Menu, All Settings, Home, tacchan23Black Dusk. Purple Background is in an attachment at the bottom of this post.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dwwwlvml524
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Purple Passion.jpg (61.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 03-21-2010 at 02:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work
Re: *NEW*[03/18/10]V4.2 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (28232 & 23542) MAX 3.0 Roms

looks good cant wait for final. keeo up the great work. as for a max manila i dont notice ne slow down. so its up to u.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Jstine,
First off thanks! I flashed the purple passion version. Noticed that the provisioning was activated following the initial reset after the flash. MMS did work for VZW out of the box. Phone rings in, Dials out. SMS received.

I then started messing with the themes. Went into home settings and installed the tacchan23Black Dusk theme. It worked fine. I then tried to change the wallpaper and couldn't find your background (then I read your post). However, it gives the option of tacchen23black with I selected "my device". Being the kind of person I am, I went into the directory and selected the bordered purple (probably a button) that is the third image (second row, second column). It actually looks pretty good on the phone IMO. I can't figure out how to apply it to the landscape though.

On another note, I haven't had the issue when pressing the end/shutoff key. shutxp pops up like it should (you didn't replace the verizon cab file did you?). I have a cab (I modified an old MightyMike provisioning cab to remove everything except setting up the favorites button) that I use. I was wondering if you wanted to include it in your /vzw provisioning process. I claim no ownership and will gladly post it if you like.

Edit: I don't see google maps on this release?

ST

Last edited by suntopper; 03-21-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,
Some more feedback from the purple rom. When I go into programs with text boxes (e.g. Weather City Editor), it looks like the text entry boxes are white on white. I can't see what I'm typing.

Also the microsoft apps are missing (I know it's a beta). Things like marketplace, myphone, etc.

ST
Old 03-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Jstine,
First off thanks! I flashed the purple passion version. Noticed that the provisioning was activated following the initial reset after the flash. MMS did work for VZW out of the box. Phone rings in, Dials out. SMS received.

Have you tried the MMS for VZW?

Edit: Didn't read "MMS did work for VZW out of the box."

I then started messing with the themes. Went into home settings and installed the tacchan23Black Dusk theme. It worked fine. I then tried to change the wallpaper and couldn't find your background (then I read your post). However, it gives the option of tacchen23black with I selected "my device". Being the kind of person I am, I went into the directory and selected the bordered purple (probably a button) that is the third image (second row, second column). It actually looks pretty good on the phone IMO. I can't figure out how to apply it to the landscape though.

Just look at that, the landscape picture doesn't stick. Alos if you try to select Animated Wallpaper, like the one (Top right) it doesn't work.

On another note, I haven't had the issue when pressing the end/shutoff key. shutxp pops up like it should (you didn't replace the verizon cab file did you?). I have a cab (I modified an old MightyMike provisioning cab to remove everything except setting up the favorites button) that I use. I was wondering if you wanted to include it in your /vzw provisioning process. I claim no ownership and will gladly post it if you like.

Yes and yes

Edit: I don't see google maps on this release?

Yes, was trying to slim the Beta down for testing on my phone. And in my hurry to get the rom posted I forgot to add several files back in the rom. My thoughts about the release version, is to post on cabs at the bottom of posting. And let people install what programs they want, just to get the rom fit and trim. Opera does alot of memory when it's running. And sense we cann't get a task manager that works well and that well close programs when you hit the x buttom.

ST

Quote:
jstine,
Some more feedback from the purple rom. When I go into programs with text boxes (e.g. Weather City Editor), it looks like the text entry boxes are white on white. I can't see what I'm typing.

Where do you find the (e.g. Weather City Editor) do you mean Add location, if so, mine has black letters on a white background.

Also the microsoft apps are missing (I know it's a beta). Things like marketplace, myphone, etc.

ST
What do you think of the speed. Slower, correct The first test I did was without Max and the phone was super fast. Then I tried Cookie Tab and the phone was still fast, but was lacking to many options.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 03-21-2010 at 09:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jstine,

The favorites cab is attached. As I said before, all credit to MightyMike. I just took out everything that didn't relate to the favorite key setup. The cab I use to modify weather cities is "JVH3_WeatherCityEditor_v3.4.CAB". I also noticed when I tried to enter an appointment in the calendar that the lettering was white on white until I left that particular text box and then it turned black. I haven't done this on another release so I can't tell you it has changed. I do use the weather city editor on each release though. I'm not sure if any of the other programs I installed had an effect (although I install all of them each time).

OK, I got the bright idea to switch the theme back to timberwolf and try it. There were issues with switching the theme, but it took on the second try. I then checked both the appt and the weather city editor and both had the normal black on white in the text entry boxes. =D>

Regarding the speed, I spent most of Saturday playing with different roms. These ranged from having max or cookie installed to running a basic setup. I couldn't see where any of these roms matched your's for speed. I haven't had your passion rom on very long but it seems like the home page is as quick as always. Also the picture and music portrait to landscape animation is still quick. I have noticed that the internet explorer seems to be slower than opera was but I don't know if that's related to the program or the rom. I'll have to install my normal opera 9.7 and compare. Maybe after work tomorrow.

If you'd like my opinion, I prefer max to cookie. Maybe I'm just not use to cookie but I didn't like the way it loses the order of the quicklinks in landscape. I mean it goes across the top row (left page > center page > right page) instead of staying on the same page and going top to bottom. Probably just a matter of getting use to it and, as you said, it doesn't have as many features.

ST
Attached Files
File Type: cab VZW_KBD_Favorite[1].cab (7.0 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Just reread your last post. I didn't realize you meant add city from the tab directly. No, I add a couple of cities to the data base using the attached file. Small cities (I mean towns) that are not in the included database. That way I know what the weather is in Mill Shoals, IL.

Again, I take no credit but thank the author each time I use it!

ST
Attached Files
File Type: cab JVH3_WeatherCityEditor_v3.4[1].CAB (298.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice

Ok, advice well taken. If there is anyway I can be of help to you I stand willing to do so.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
jstine,

The favorites cab is attached. As I said before, all credit to MightyMike. I just took out everything that didn't relate to the favorite key setup. The cab I use to modify weather cities is "JVH3_WeatherCityEditor_v3.4.CAB". I also noticed when I tried to enter an appointment in the calendar that the lettering was white on white until I left that particular text box and then it turned black. I haven't done this on another release so I can't tell you it has changed. I do use the weather city editor on each release though. I'm not sure if any of the other programs I installed had an effect (although I install all of them each time).

OK, I got the bright idea to switch the theme back to timberwolf and try it. There were issues with switching the theme, but it took on the second try. I then checked both the appt and the weather city editor and both had the normal black on white in the text entry boxes. =D>

Regarding the speed, I spent most of Saturday playing with different roms. These ranged from having max or cookie installed to running a basic setup. I couldn't see where any of these roms matched your's for speed. I haven't had your passion rom on very long but it seems like the home page is as quick as always. Also the picture and music portrait to landscape animation is still quick. I have noticed that the internet explorer seems to be slower than opera was but I don't know if that's related to the program or the rom. I'll have to install my normal opera 9.7 and compare. Maybe after work tomorrow.

If you'd like my opinion, I prefer max to cookie. Maybe I'm just not use to cookie but I didn't like the way it loses the order of the quicklinks in landscape. I mean it goes across the top row (left page > center page > right page) instead of staying on the same page and going top to bottom. Probably just a matter of getting use to it and, as you said, it doesn't have as many features.

ST
Thanks Suntopper, just the type of info I need to know.=D>
Old 03-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
Ok, advice well taken. If there is anyway I can be of help to you I stand willing to do so.
I just gave you a thanks and took your virgin status away. You can help just by posting what works and what doesn't.

I'm not sure what this statment means "Ok, advice well taken" Are you referring to another posting?

Edit: I read the post again and now understand you were talking about getting the source code from a friend of a friend.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 03-22-2010 at 11:18 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme