PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Long Live the TP2!
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

alohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regularalohanela is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 08/07/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
I need my cookies!! Too many cool and fun features. I gotta have it! I can deal with the slightly less speed.
+1

I have tried to go without 'em cookies, but keep having to come back. Life seems just too boring without. As for me, I hardly feel the decrease in speed. HMMMMMMMMMM, COOKIES!

If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving isn't for you.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

ugabuga is just getting started

Can someone re-post 8.05 no cookie. I haven't tried it but am tired of the sluggishness of the 8.07 cookie build even overclocked. Thx in advance
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
Can someone re-post 8.05 no cookie. I haven't tried it but am tired of the sluggishness of the 8.07 cookie build even overclocked. Thx in advance
1st post.

HEY VINNY!!! Did you see the new DINIK VALERIA icons?? They are pretty nice. Kinda looks like a cross between the dark HTC icons and the clear Anastasia ones. Looks pretty good.

Last edited by youngpro83; 08-13-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

8-05 no cookies @ 806.7MHz... Sense loads up FFFFAAASSSSTTT. reset phone then ran to next room to get something.. before i could sit back down phone was ready to be used.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
8-05 no cookies @ 806.7MHz... Sense loads up FFFFAAASSSSTTT. reset phone then ran to next room to get something.. before i could sit back down phone was ready to be used.
what method are you using to overclock? I always had mine freeze when I overclocked. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
With that high of a Mhz Im almost curious to know how your phone holds up after a few hours or even days. Because for me anything above the 700 mark didnt function to well after a few hours of heavy abuse. Froze up constantly, had to soft reset and worst of all the opera web browsing was horrible. Really choppy and sometimes would overheat and close out programs. So definitely post back with results. And please dont post that everything is good when its not just for the sake of "looking cool" because your phone is the ONLY one out of hundreds that is able to withhold that much mgz when the default is 528 I believe. Also if you do get really good results, i.e. not getting feeze ups, choppiness, not overheated device then post what OC your using so I can try it out. I have mine set to 633, throttled at 604 and its blasing fast. Battery life is fantastic as always, and my phone never overheats or freezes.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

donato is just getting started

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

I have been using the overclock method for a week now and no freezing or lockups at 729 Mhz. Anything over 729 Mhz, I experienced lockups and freezes. I am running Neodium, so I don't how well it will work on Plutonium.
I skipped installing the mortscript cab since Vin already has it cooked in. I can definitely notice the difference in speed when apps load. For example google maps opens almost instantaneously. Bing which has always been a slow app to load now loads up very fast. Use the OC script to change the speed and use Netripper app just to see what speed your phone is running at and then keep it closed after you check. I just used all the default settings in the OC script.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

donato is just getting started

Forgot to add that I installed Netrippers app and the OC 4.21 cab to device even though that he recommends installing the OC 4.21 to storage card. After you have both items installed run the OC script and use all the default settings.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donato View Post
Forgot to add that I installed Netrippers app and the OC 4.21 cab to device even though that he recommends installing the OC 4.21 to storage card. After you have both items installed run the OC script and use all the default settings.
Just an FYI who don't know, installing to memory card is a safety protocol. If you OC too high and your phone crashes at boot up, you can pull the card so you can get into the OS & uninstall the OC.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Hello everyone,

This is my very first 6.5.x ROM and my very first time using a Vin ROM (I've been on X-ROM for months), so please excuse my stupidity. I searched through the thread, but it is a beast to find anything in. I have also looked at the paperclip on the thread, but things become outdated since this thread is now 8 months old so I don't know what is current anymore.

That being said, I was wondering where I can find the DINIK Icons in the file explorer so that I can use the Dinik Opera Icon to skin my Opera Mini 5 icon?

Also, I was wondering if there was a version of LockDevice (or something comparable) that will lock the device when I turn the screen off that works fine with 6.5.x?

And finally, I have the fixed CDMA BilboBrian taskbar installed right now, but I am not getting battery readings in 1% increments. I have used a 1% battery driver in previous ROMs to accomplish this, but I have yet to try it on a 6.5.x, so I was wondering if anything was different.

Thank you all very much!

EDIT: Another question. Is there a way to make the "X" button exit programs instead of minimize them? I've looked through arkswitch options and the settings for the phone, but haven't found anything.

Last edited by kidwolf908; 08-13-2010 at 03:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development