PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 04:27 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 08/07/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my very first 6.5.x ROM and my very first time using a Vin ROM (I've been on X-ROM for months), so please excuse my stupidity. I searched through the thread, but it is a beast to find anything in. I have also looked at the paperclip on the thread, but things become outdated since this thread is now 8 months old so I don't know what is current anymore.

That being said, I was wondering where I can find the DINIK Icons in the file explorer so that I can use the Dinik Opera Icon to skin my Opera Mini 5 icon?
Tools-Icon Changer. You can change everything there.

Quote:
Also, I was wondering if there was a version of LockDevice (or something comparable) that will lock the device when I turn the screen off that works fine with 6.5.x?

Google S2U2. Good app and works well with this build. Some may have others. This is just my personal preference.

Quote:
And finally, I have the fixed CDMA BilboBrian taskbar installed right now, but I am not getting battery readings in 1% increments. I have used a 1% battery driver in previous ROMs to accomplish this, but I have yet to try it on a 6.5.x, so I was wondering if anything was different.
Yup. I will post in a few. Try the cab I attached.

Thank you all very much!

EDIT: Another question. Is there a way to make the "X" button exit programs instead of minimize them? I've looked through arkswitch options and the settings for the phone, but haven't found anything.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I could be wrong tho.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 1% Battery Driver.CAB (31.9 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by youngpro83; 08-13-2010 at 04:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tryinghard is a n00b

Guys, I have the VIN Rom 08-04 Pluto CHT Dinik. My phone does not charge when I use a USB cable with my computer. It charges through a wall and car charger, but not through my laptop.

The charging through laptop used to work with the Stock ROM and MR, is there a setting to fix this?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Ok going crazy here....I have looked and looked for the speed up camera cab.....I know the damn thing was posted here before...but not finding it....can someone help...
Old 08-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Ok going crazy here....I have looked and looked for the speed up camera cab.....I know the damn thing was posted here before...but not finding it....can someone help...
Give the attached cab a try or just use the regedits below.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\Captparam

Key: CapKeyDelayTime: Originally 1500, change to 500
Key: CaptureTimer: Originally 5000, change to 100

Please note that I've changed both values to 50 and the camera works even better. The pictures are clear and almost instantaneous.

Best to all,
R
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:34 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Give the attached cab a try or just use the regedits below.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\Captparam

Key: CapKeyDelayTime: Originally 1500, change to 500
Key: CaptureTimer: Originally 5000, change to 100

Please note that I've changed both values to 50 and the camera works even better. The pictures are clear and almost instantaneous.

Best to all,
R
Thank you sir......will give 50 a shot!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
With that high of a Mhz Im almost curious to know how your phone holds up after a few hours or even days. Because for me anything above the 700 mark didnt function to well after a few hours of heavy abuse. Froze up constantly, had to soft reset and worst of all the opera web browsing was horrible. Really choppy and sometimes would overheat and close out programs. So definitely post back with results. And please dont post that everything is good when its not just for the sake of "looking cool" because your phone is the ONLY one out of hundreds that is able to withhold that much mgz when the default is 528 I believe. Also if you do get really good results, i.e. not getting feeze ups, choppiness, not overheated device then post what OC your using so I can try it out. I have mine set to 633, throttled at 604 and its blasing fast. Battery life is fantastic as always, and my phone never overheats or freezes.
LOL I'm not frontin' man.. Too look cool on a online forum!? HAHA I don't even browse here enough to have a reputation! On NRG Reference CHT, 807Mhz it would hang on startup, but without my SD card in it would freeze after 5 min. BUT on Vin's rom I haven't had a single problem. I'm using Msm7kCpuSpeed v2 and SetCPUSpeed.

EDIT:
I stand corrected my phone is running at 787.2MHz (19.2Mhz x 41), but the MSM7kCpuSpeed program says PerformanceLevel 42 for some reason (19.2 x 42 = 806.4MHz). I posted screenshots of it.. Is it some test/program you would like me to run?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (9.3 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (10.8 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (4.7 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jae18708; 08-13-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Speed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard View Post
Guys, I have the VIN Rom 08-04 Pluto CHT Dinik. My phone does not charge when I use a USB cable with my computer. It charges through a wall and car charger, but not through my laptop.

The charging through laptop used to work with the Stock ROM and MR, is there a setting to fix this?
Um try going into the connections folder and tapping the usb to pc icon. Under active sync uncheck the box that says faster file transfer and then try to connect that way. Might work. Might not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae18708 View Post
LOL I'm not frontin' man.. Too look cool on a online forum!? HAHA I don't even browse here enough to have a reputation! On NRG Reference CHT, 807Mhz it would hang on startup, but without my SD card in it would freeze after 5 min. BUT on Vin's rom I haven't had a single problem. I'm using Msm7kCpuSpeed v2 and SetCPUSpeed.

EDIT:
I stand corrected my phone is running at 787.2MHz (19.2Mhz x 41), but the MSM7kCpuSpeed program says PerformanceLevel 42 for some reason (19.2 x 42 = 806.4MHz). I posted screenshots of it.. Is it some test/program you would like me to run?
Hahaa!! Good 1. No test I was just saying that because to run it at those high MHZ there has been a lot complications so I was just wanting an honest feedback versus someone just trying to be cool and saying they are running this high with no complications whatsoever when they really arent. Thanks for the feedback tho.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

Oh OK, was just wondering. I've seen more people report better results overclocking.. which is what made me try it finally (This was my first time).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Hello everyone,

EDIT: Another question. Is there a way to make the "X" button exit programs instead of minimize them? I've looked through arkswitch options and the settings for the phone, but haven't found anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post

EDIT: Another question. Is there a way to make the "X" button exit programs instead of minimize them? I've looked through arkswitch options and the settings for the phone, but haven't found anything.
Nope. I could be wrong tho.[/QUOTE]

lol bro u are definitely missin out! this was the only reason i switched to 6.5.x. ive attached the cabs, install ameba , and then install the settings program, and voila! u can even add exceptions and such.

hit thanks if it helped lol
Attached Files
File Type: cab scarecrow420_AMeBaSettings_v0.3.CAB (230.9 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab AMeBa_v0.8rc.cab (11.1 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

vin new pluto 23129 with no cht sense 2018 almost ready for show time ????have the flash syndrome lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development