PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 09.04.10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No LOL

Anyone experience this.. Go to the People tab.. Click the name of a person to bring up the persons info.. Select send text message. I get a black screen when I do this. Is there a fix?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Sprint

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: 09.04.10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
Anyone experience this.. Go to the People tab.. Click the name of a person to bring up the persons info.. Select send text message. I get a black screen when I do this. Is there a fix?
Which rom are you on?

This does not seem to affect me, i'm on neo sept 4

edit,

Hmm, this should'nt be related, but a few clicks after testing that peoples tab thing, i was in the start menu and it windows froze for no reason, had to use the reset button...

edit2, i'm seeing this happen now.

edit3, this isn't an issue in the older august 25 neo sys 21914 sense 2013

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Originally Posted by defiantone ]Anyone experience this.. Go to the People tab.. Click the name of a person to bring up the persons info.. Select send text message. I get a black screen when I do this. Is there a fix?[/I]
Yeah send ur self a text and tap it to pull up the text screen thats black and it should pull it up. Should work fine afterwards.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

If not in bhars rom thread there is a No black screen cab the 2nd or 3rd post

Old 09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yeah send ur self a text and tap it to pull up the text screen thats black and it should pull it up. Should work fine afterwards.
=========
Thanks .... you've been thanked
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff

Had a SOD few mins ago which I don't normally get unless I am toying with overclocking... Had to remove battery to soft reset... This was a problem with 21915, but will toy with 21916 some more to see if it happens again and will report back. =)

-The whole pleasure of marriage is that it is a perpetual crisis — GK Chesterton
Old 09-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

You know every Rom I've went off and tried I've always find myself back to Vinn's Roms Vinn is a good Chef I've been on his ROMs since he came to the PRO2 ROMs and the community here is great. Never been in a community like Vinn's... So to make a long story short, I got Sprint to break and so they waved the price of the Epic, I used my upgrade and I only paid 100 bucks for the Epic it"ll be in my mail box Tuesday or Wed. Just wanted to say I'll still be sticking my head in ( Giving my PRO2 to my wife or daughter ) Oh... And Sprint did that because I've changed my phone out 5 times in the last month 1/2 and they give you a free (different) phone that is the same in VALUE or almost equal to the phone you have. Only if you've changed it more than 3 time (with warranty) problems.

HAHA... I kept it ROM related. Not that I'll be missed but just thought I'd let you guys know howto pay Sprint back ( As much as they mess up my bill and I had to pay them) LOL

Last edited by bobbyblack; 09-06-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
You know every Rom I've went off and tried I've always find myself back to Vinn's Roms Vinn is a good Chef I've been on his ROMs since he came to the PRO2 ROMs and the community here is great. Never been in a community like Vinn's... So to make a long story short, I got Sprint to break and so they waved the price of the Epic, I used my upgrade and I only paid 100 bucks for the Epic it"ll be in my mail box Tuesday or Wed. Just wanted to say I'll still be sticking my head in ( Giving my PRO2 to my wife or daughter ) Oh... And Sprint did that because I've changed my phone out 5 times in the last month 1/2 and they give you a free (different) phone that is the same in VALUE or almost equal to the phone you have. Only if you've changed it more than 3 time (with warranty) problems.

HAHA... I kept it ROM related. Not that I'll be missed but just thought I'd let you guys know howto pay Sprint back ( As much as they mess up my bill and I had to pay them) LOL
Hahaaa!! Check Ur PM.

Yeah I love my TP2 and I love Vin's ROMs but technology is rapidly growing and the TP2 is barely meeting the expectations of newer devices. Without Vin's ROMs the TP2 would not be anywhere close to matching the competition. Thanks for all of your hard work!! I too will be leaving the forum soon after I sell my TP2 and use the money and my early upgrade to upgrade to Sprint's Epic. That is one BAD @$$ phone! I guess for the meantime I will be coming in and out of the thread to see whats going on and whats developing. I will always visit this thread and remember all the good times Ive had reading, asking, and answering problems. Im not a droid fan but the Epic has a damn hardware keyboard!! And a 1ghz processor...Without an OC. LOL!! Anywho...Its been great and by far THIS IS THE BEST ROM ON THIS SITE FOR A TOUCH PRO 2 DEVICE!! HANDS DOWN!!

Last edited by youngpro83; 09-06-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Hahaaa!! Check Ur PM.

Yeah I love my TP2 and I love Vin's ROMs but technology is rapidly growing and the TP2 is barely meeting the expectations of newer devices. Without Vin's ROMs the TP2 would not be anywhere close to matching the competition. Thanks for all of your hard work!! I too will be leaving the forum soon after I sell my TP2 and use the money and my early upgrade to upgrade to Sprint's Epic. That is one BAD @$$ phone! I guess for the meantime I will be coming in and out of the thread to see whats going on and whats developing. I will always visit this thread and remember all the good times Ive had reading, asking, and answering problems. Im not a droid fan but the Epic has a damn hardware keyboard!! And a 1ghz processor...Without an OC. LOL!! Anywho...Its been great and by far THIS IS THE BEST ROM ON THIS SITE FOR A TOUCH PRO 2 DEVICE!! HANDS DOWN!!
+1 to that.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Sprint

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
+1 to that.
It's sad to hear that the TP2 is pretty much obsolete now. Mine was just manufactured this July too. I should have done more research on windows phone's before I got it. But i'ts a temp phone till my contract allows me to upgrade next august. By then i hope Sprint will have a nice selection of Windows Phone 7, and MS should have the bugs outta win7 so i'll upgrade to one of them.

Vins rom's (and all the cooks) sure do help breathe more life in our little (actually huge) TP2's

@Muggsy When u said 21915, did you mean Vin's 21914 by mistake? Or another ROm's 21915? I moved back to Aug25 Neo 21914 because 21916 and sense 2018 started to act fishy. I didn't seem to have any SOD's or unusual sense weirdness with 21914, and to make up for losing the 4x4 shortcuts in the older sense, i just use the santod (R6) mod.. It was stable for the week or whatever i was using it.

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-06-2010 at 08:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development