PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Feb.10.2011VINdows ROMs (Neo-Sense 2021 Core is up!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohanela View Post
Awesome for you! Are you using a shell theme? (which one?) or did you actually sell your TP2's soul to the Google?
Thanks! I'm still using 1.31 Neo with SPB & Droid Pro+ on the WinMo side. But decided to play around with Froyo via SD Card. I'm using this FROYO BUNDLE. The directions were pretty easy to follow and everything is cleanly bundled into one file (which is why I choose this one, not that I've tested anything in the Android Arena!). Basically, you pull your Sim Card, and then follow the simple directions. Use Arrrghhh's attached ts-calibration file (copy to active Android location [root/folder]), and you copy the correct startup.txt to your active Andriod location along with the other files. You can keep things cleaner by copying everything to a folder on your SD Card, but you have to put a pointer to that folder in the startup.txt file, I believe. Haven't done that yet, still playing around with it.

Overall, lots of available RAM (about 100MB), battery life is iffy still (seems like a hog), but pretty neat. I'd suggest getting "Super Task Killer" and "SysMonitor" via the Market right away (just search the Market), so you can manage RAM.

What's pretty cool is that you can make snapshots of your complete setup by copying the files from your SD Card. That's what I'm doing, as I make tweaks/add apps here & there so I can go back if I screw something up.

Not everything works, but I can send/recv calls and texts, browse.

Oh, I'm totally digging the "Car Home" app (bundled) & voice prompted guidance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
When did u turn ur phone into Android???
LOL...did it yesterday! LMAO@myself...took me an hour to figure out I had to pull my SD card...couldn't figure out why it wasn't loading!?!? LOLOL

Last edited by Recursion; 02-16-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typos
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Recursion,

How u like it so far??? Is it stable??? Memory wise??? and etc etc etc......................????????????????????????? ????????

Last edited by GIZELLE; 02-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
Recursion,

How u like it so far??? Is it stable??? Memory wise??? and etc etc etc......................????????????????????????? ????????
So far, I like it a lot.

It's pretty stable...no crashing. I'm still figuring out how to move around, and there are some quirks, like connected to PC via USB and then being able to access sd card without having to reboot. But overall, very nice. =D>

I'm sure how close we are to having everything working, or to having a flashable ROM, but I think we have to be pretty close given how well things are working at this point.

Best thing is to set it up yourself & try it out. I figure we might as well, since we're not too far off!

I think this is pretty accurate: Port Status. I saw some camera threads, so looks like this is close to finished.

Last edited by Recursion; 02-16-2011 at 03:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Thanks! I'm still using 1.31 Neo with SPB & Droid Pro+ on the WinMo side. But decided to play around with Froyo via SD Card. I'm using this FROYO BUNDLE. The directions were pretty easy to follow and everything is cleanly bundled into one file (which is why I choose this one, not that I've tested anything in the Android Arena!). Basically, you pull your Sim Card, and then follow the simple directions. Use Arrrghhh's attached ts-calibration file (copy to active Android location [root/folder]), and you copy the correct startup.txt to your active Andriod location along with the other files. You can keep things cleaner by copying everything to a folder on your SD Card, but you have to put a pointer to that folder in the startup.txt file, I believe. Haven't done that yet, still playing around with it.

Overall, lots of available RAM (about 100MB), battery life is iffy still (seems like a hog), but pretty neat. I'd suggest getting "Super Task Killer" and "SysMonitor" via the Market right away (just search the Market), so you can manage RAM.

What's pretty cool is that you can make snapshots of your complete setup by copying the files from your SD Card. That's what I'm doing, as I make tweaks/add apps here & there so I can go back if I screw something up.

LOL...did it yesterday! LMAO@myself...took me an hour to figure out I had to pull my SD card...couldn't figure out why it wasn't loading!?!? LOLOL
so funny you said this---I dl that same zip last night....haven't loaded it yet, still seems too buggy
Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey all

Ive used a similar android build on SD as a dual boot winMO/Droid on my phone and as far as battery it seems to last pretty well but the indicator is way WAAAAYYYY off telling you your almost dead and yet hours pass and its still running

Havent seen if they have fixed it recently though

DD

Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Rockin' the Red!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
so funny you said this---I dl that same zip last night....haven't loaded it yet, still seems too buggy
lol...too funny! cmon, man! can't hurt just to try it out. I'm pretty impressed so far. Pretty quick without OC. And when I need WinMo, I just reset.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

How does this compare to Bing? I haven't played with any of this stuff in 6 months or so, wasn't stable enough/horrible battery... then I started playing with SPB and that kept me content for a while now. May have to try this again now that I have a fast SD card.
Quote:

I'm sure how close we are to having everything working, or to having a flashable ROM,
From this post, they are getting close to not having to use SD card.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Smile Re: Feb.10.2011VINdows ROMs (Neo-Sense 2021 Core is up!)

Quote:
So far, I like it a lot.

It's pretty stable...no crashing. I'm still figuring out how to move around, and there are some quirks, like connected to PC via USB and then being able to access sd card without having to reboot. But overall, very nice. =D>

I'm sure how close we are to having everything working, or to having a flashable ROM, but I think we have to be pretty close given how well things are working at this point.

Best thing is to set it up yourself & try it out. I figure we might as well, since we're not too far off!

I think this is pretty accurate: Port Status. I saw some camera threads, so looks like this is close to finished.
You are talking about changes not far from happening

EDIT- Inevitable...

Last edited by GIZELLE; 02-16-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Rockin' the Red!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
How does this compare to Bing? I haven't played with any of this stuff in 6 months or so, wasn't stable enough/horrible battery... then I started playing with SPB and that kept me content for a while now. May have to try this again now that I have a fast SD card.

From this post, they are getting close to not having to use SD card.
I don't think I've used it enough to fairly compare the two, but from biking around the neighborhood, it seems pretty kikaz so far. stable? from screwing around with it (no OC), it's pretty stable to me, fwiw.

LOL...SPB kept me content too, but got the itch a couple days ago (it's ndno's fault.)

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks for that link. Things are looking very promising...very awesome news.

Last edited by Recursion; 02-16-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

red wings userbar

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/873/17299.png

blues (giff) userbar

http://img.userbarz.com/57/11305.gif

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development