PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 2nd)

i like the lockscreen on 6.53.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post

i like the lockscreen on 6.53.
Darren, I like it as well. However, think that I'm going to stick with 6.5 for right now due to the speed and lower RAM usage. I'm certain that there's another option that I'm just too blind to see. Thanks for your help!

If I've helped in any way, please hit the THANKS button - and thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

imo, 6.53 has a mem leak, mines going crazy plus i just lost all sounds, typing,ringer ect. 6.5 here i come. lol
Old 01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
imo, 6.53 has a mem leak, mines going crazy plus i just lost all sounds, typing,ringer ect. 6.5 here i come. lol
I really agree with Mal in that 6.5 is just all-around more stable. In addition, by running SPB Mobile Shell, I don't seem to get the memory leaks, which I think are generally caused by Manila. Give it a whirl - Mal's ROM is the best base I've found for this, and I love it.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaworthen View Post
Mal, quick question - any chance that the Titanium-only ROM will be updated? Thanks for all your work!!
Yup. Will have that hopefully in the next 48hrs or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
I was wondering if Opera 10 Mobile is slower than the Opera 9.5 I had on Mighty Rom? Does this seem true? Also it seems to format the text a lot smaller. I tried changing the zoom settings but it's already maxed out at 200%.
Seems faster to me, but Darren said you can download and install 9.5 on this system and it'll take right over again, if you really prefer that version instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Mal, what are the "advanced" options for the phone you speak of, that are gone if we use the ring/vibrate cab?
It controls the speaker phone/sensor, reject call/send text, add new number to contacts at end of call, vibrate when connected, etc.

They're all on by default, so if you install the vib + ring fix, they will all work, you just can't disable them. So set it up the way you want, then install.
Quote:
On another issue, for those who are on 6.5, is the lock screen just the bland 6.5 lock screen? I liked the one on the Titanium build or the WinMo 6.5 slider one. Cannot seem to find them in the ROM - am I having a brain cramp? Please advise. Thanks!
You're right, it's not there. Will work on getting that back if people want.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
acs tester

Quote:
I really agree with Mal in that 6.5 is just all-around more stable. In addition, by running SPB Mobile Shell, I don't seem to get the memory leaks, which I think are generally caused by Manila. Give it a whirl - Mal's ROM is the best base I've found for this, and I love it.
i am using 2.1 6.5 on other tp2 and as i posted, like it best, i was talking about trying 2.5 6.5 for hell of it, my bad on not being clear, i love mels 6.5 2.1, thats going nowhere.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Mal, thanks for the excellent news! I would definately like to get the WinMo lockscreen back as I need to be able to see the time, appointments, etc., so that would be great. If there is a cab for that in the meantime, I will gladly install it. Second, this is the fastest ROM, hands down, I've EVER used, and I've tried virtually all. Titanium will be killer, thanks for all you do!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Lurker

thepaulpage is a n00b

so I've never flashed my phone before, but when I download the file I can't seem to find a file custom_ruu.exe in the zip folder.

Running windows 7rc and all my "show hidden files" are turned on. My assumption is that I have the correct file to run and it's just not called custom_ruu any more?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaulpage View Post
so I've never flashed my phone before, but when I download the file I can't seem to find a file custom_ruu.exe in the zip folder.

Running windows 7rc and all my "show hidden files" are turned on. My assumption is that I have the correct file to run and it's just not called custom_ruu any more?
isnt it ruu signed nbh? i only sdflash but i use that one but i dont pc flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker

thepaulpage is a n00b

ahh. Onwards and upwards I go. I think I can take it a bit further from there. Thanks a lot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development