PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 2nd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
u the man....its always broke when football is on...lol

do I need the volume dll?
its a MM edit so no you dont.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

mal, roms are just light enough, please dont add too much chit we can add or in most cases like me, sktools has a reg. editor included. do you notice a mem leak on 6.53 at all? could be me.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

allengwinn is a n00b
Re: (Jan 2nd) |MalROM| WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Should you flash Stock ROM before mine? I've read what MightyMike says and agree with him 100%.
I guess a good question is: do you flash the stock ROM before loading different builds of your own ROM?

I also noticed when I loaded 6.5 over 6.5.3 and hard reset the device, I didn't get the screen calibration at start up. Is this normal behavior?

I guess the question is: if you're not experiencing any weird behavior, is there any reason to reflash the stock ROM just for good measure before upgrading any of the cooked ROMs? What's your personal experience?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
mal, roms are just light enough, please dont add too much chit we can add or in most cases like me, sktools has a reg. editor included. do you notice a mem leak on 6.53 at all? could be me.
Agreed on the reg editor (besides, I use Resco's)

re: Mem leak, I haven't had the privilege of running my own ROM long enough to notice. Will keep an eye on it though and see what I can find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allengwinn View Post
I guess a good question is: do you flash the stock ROM before loading different builds of your own ROM?
Lord no. That'd take forever, I'd never get done.
Quote:
I also noticed when I loaded 6.5 over 6.5.3 and hard reset the device, I didn't get the screen calibration at start up. Is this normal behavior?
Normal. It's disabled on initial setup.
Quote:
I guess the question is: if you're not experiencing any weird behavior, is there any reason to reflash the stock ROM just for good measure before upgrading any of the cooked ROMs? What's your personal experience?
That's my take: if no issues, don't worry about it. If having random resets, hard-resets, corrupted ROM, or strange behavior that no one else is experiencing, that flash Stock and back again.

I have only once seen it happen and it wasn't with my ROM. A friend though has notorious trouble with his and we're doing through the re-lock, re-flash stock, un-lock and custom flash program now. We're taking is slow though (days) to make sure it's not his phone.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mal...I'm with Darren. Your ROM is as near to perfect I've seen. So far, everything I've seen requested can be accomplished with a CAB file. It would almost be beneficial to create a separate MalRom thread in the Software area to keep things organized. People could supply all the Cab's requested there.

But, Mal, thanks for the tremendous effort you've been giving us. I/We appreciate you!!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Try this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\microsoft\Shell\LockSc reen]
"ShowLockScreenPicker"=dword:1

(note: no space in "lockscreen", format error on forums; won't work on 6.5.3; should work on 6.5)

That should allow you to toggle between the two. I'm on 6.5.3 right now, so can't test myself.
Thanks Mal. I tried it, and it allowed me to change between two options, but both resulted in the old lock screen. Wondering if it is due to the fact that only the old screen is baked in. I'm running S2U2 right now as a workaround, and haven't noticed any significant battery drain yet. Thanks!

If I've helped in any way, please hit the THANKS button - and thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaworthen is keeping up the good workjaworthen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Mal, concur with Darren on that. This ROM is sick fast. As I've mentioned before, I've noticed a leak on 6.5.3 as well. It's not the ROM, just the nature of Manila. SPB Mobile Shell is a pretty good alternative IMHO.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaworthen View Post
Thanks Mal. I tried it, and it allowed me to change between two options, but both resulted in the old lock screen. Wondering if it is due to the fact that only the old screen is baked in. I'm running S2U2 right now as a workaround, and haven't noticed any significant battery drain yet. Thanks!
Check 1st post: new version of WM6.5 b3 is up
  • WM6.5 Lockscreen
  • Red notification icons
  • Optimized a bit more
  • XDA_UC Support
  • Added Black Circles wallpaper for Manila

Also posted WM6.5 Titanium Only version.

Will be adding XDA_UC to future ROMs. Will see about doing a 6.5.3 + 2.5 version in a bit.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 3rd)

Mal,

b3 link is broken.

Thank you!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Check 1st post: new version of WM6.5 b3 is up
  • WM6.5 Lockscreen
  • Red notification icons
  • Optimized a bit more
  • XDA_UC Support
  • Added Black Circles wallpaper for Manila
Also posted WM6.5 Titanium Only version.

Will be adding XDA_UC to future ROMs. Will see about doing a 6.5.3 + 2.5 version in a bit.
Mal, you need to take a break, maybe a couple of days off... I gotta go back to work tomorrow and can't flash like this during the week!! This is gonna be flash #4 today... I'm gonna flash and just let it rip for a few days and stop playing with this damn phone!! Thanks again for all the hard work and sweet ROM's your putting out!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development