PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: (Jan 2nd) |MalROM| WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Mal,
The CRC issue is with 6.5.3 mirror site.
It downloaded fairly quickly... But when unzipping it has an error in the RUU file itself.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 01-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Mal,
The CRC issue is with 6.5.3 mirror site.
k, thx. file is fine on my end, Mediafire corrupted it. Uploading new version now.

Update: WM6.5.3 mirror fixed...well, hopefully.

Any other problems? lol

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-02-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mongoose107 is just getting started

Mal the 6.5.3-2.1 is running great! one last question for the nite. Does it have windows live or windows messenger the latter is what I am really looking for. thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

Mal,

Thanks for the update, flashing 1.5b now =). I am curious, is that the main ROM that you still use, or are you using the new 2.5 manilla ROM that you were working on? I tried using 2.5 earlier but just found it to be too slow and buggy. I wonder, how much better have things gotten? Also, do you recommend flashing back to stock first with this update? That seems to be the new flavor of recommendations these days =P. Thanks!

Last edited by mjodotcom; 01-03-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose107 View Post
Mal the 6.5.3-2.1 is running great! one last question for the nite. Does it have windows live or windows messenger the latter is what I am really looking for. thanks!
No Live or Live Messenger, sorry. I think you can DL that from that Marketplace, or at least the former you can. Hope you find a solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Mal,

Thanks for the update, flashing 1.5b now =). I am curious, is that the main ROM that you still use, or are you using the new 2.5 manilla ROM that you were working on? I tried using 2.5 earlier but just found it to be too slow and buggy. I wonder, how much better have things gotten? Also, do you recommend flashing back to stock first with this update? That seems to be the new flavor of recommendations these days =P. Thanks!
My "main" ROM is whatever I last flashed with, lmao. In this case it's the WM6.5 + Sense 2.1.

I'm not sure which I like more, my WM6.5 or 6.5.3 build. Both are basically the same, but I think the 6.5 version is a hair faster, with slightly more RAM.

[Interesting fact: my Wm6.5.3 ROM beats my 6.5 ROM by a 2 to 1 margin as far as downloads]

Re: Sense 2.5 -- I get why people want it, but for me, it's just not there, even with the 1922 build. So I'll continue to play with it, but I won't be using it personally.

Should you flash Stock ROM before mine? I've read what MightyMike says and agree with him 100%.

It's up to you though. I've had 4 or 5 out of 500 say they had random hard-reset/corrupted ROM issues and they should definitely follow that advice (also have the latest HSPL). So I do recommend it, but if you've been stable so far, or have been using my ROM for awhile with no issue, then perhaps you can wing it.

It's more important to know about the "flash to stock before custom" advice then to necessarily follow it each and every time

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

windows cab i use, thanx raid.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:41 AM
N00b

whiteyman24 is just getting started

Just downloaded your Jan 2nd WM 6.5.3 Sense 2.1 rom. Really enjoy the that you already have the MMS issue working through Sprint, as I have been going flash crazy trying to find a good rom with all the standard functions working without installing a bunch of cabs and messing with the MMS server settings. I agree with you as well in staying with Sense 2.1 as the only difference I really noticed was the availability of the "Twitter" tab. Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do!

Last edited by whiteyman24; 01-03-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyman24 View Post
Just downloaded your Jan 2nd WM 6.5.3 Sense 2.1 rom. Really enjoy the that you already have the MMS issue working through Sprint, as I have been going flash crazy trying to find a good rom with all the standard functions working without installing a bunch of cabs and messing with the MMS server settings. I agree with you as well in staying with Sense 2.1 as the only difference I really noticed was the availability of the "Twitter" tab. Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do!
keep going back and forth between 6.5.3 2.1 and 2.5 -- the twitter tab is not the big issue to me but more I really like the facebook integration in contacts, etc on 2.5 (nice with 2.5 that when you hit my updates they are built in and it does not launch opera or ie facebook)..Mal this really is a great ROM..
Old 01-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

My "main" ROM is whatever I last flashed with, lmao. In this case it's the WM6.5 + Sense 2.1.

I'm not sure which I like more, my WM6.5 or 6.5.3 build. Both are basically the same, but I think the 6.5 version is a hair faster, with slightly more RAM.

Thanks for the detailed update Mal. Yea things have been running pretty great so I think I should be ok not flashing back to stock =). I have become to used to the new 6.5.3 buttons that I don't think I could go back =P. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1 (Jan 2nd)

Quick somewhat random questions, where I can find the "bubbleish" picture that you have set as the default windows background so I can set it for all tabs? It doesn't show up in my wallpapers. Secondly, what is the wm+ring...cab in the MalROM folder? Thx!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development