View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (Jan 2nd) |MalROM| WM6.5.3/WM6.5 Sense 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose107 View Post
Mal the 6.5.3-2.1 is running great! one last question for the nite. Does it have windows live or windows messenger the latter is what I am really looking for. thanks!
No Live or Live Messenger, sorry. I think you can DL that from that Marketplace, or at least the former you can. Hope you find a solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Mal,

Thanks for the update, flashing 1.5b now =). I am curious, is that the main ROM that you still use, or are you using the new 2.5 manilla ROM that you were working on? I tried using 2.5 earlier but just found it to be too slow and buggy. I wonder, how much better have things gotten? Also, do you recommend flashing back to stock first with this update? That seems to be the new flavor of recommendations these days =P. Thanks!
My "main" ROM is whatever I last flashed with, lmao. In this case it's the WM6.5 + Sense 2.1.

I'm not sure which I like more, my WM6.5 or 6.5.3 build. Both are basically the same, but I think the 6.5 version is a hair faster, with slightly more RAM.

[Interesting fact: my Wm6.5.3 ROM beats my 6.5 ROM by a 2 to 1 margin as far as downloads]

Re: Sense 2.5 -- I get why people want it, but for me, it's just not there, even with the 1922 build. So I'll continue to play with it, but I won't be using it personally.

Should you flash Stock ROM before mine? I've read what MightyMike says and agree with him 100%.

It's up to you though. I've had 4 or 5 out of 500 say they had random hard-reset/corrupted ROM issues and they should definitely follow that advice (also have the latest HSPL). So I do recommend it, but if you've been stable so far, or have been using my ROM for awhile with no issue, then perhaps you can wing it.

It's more important to know about the "flash to stock before custom" advice then to necessarily follow it each and every time

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.