PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

well, you can remove HTC Messaging with a cab, but you can't cab it back in. There are several cabs floating around here that will do what you are wanting. If you will find one that works well for you, I would gladly include it as a cab that would show at first boot for you to install.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 123sit
Re: <> 3-11-10 <> Medium Hill Rom's <> SYS 23545 & 21895 <> MH UC & Provisioning v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
well, you can remove HTC Messaging with a cab, but you can't cab it back in. There are several cabs floating around here that will do what you are wanting. If you will find one that works well for you, I would gladly include it as a cab that would show at first boot for you to install.
How were you doing it before where you had manila handling just the responses cause that way worked perfect for viewing mms in manila on usc? The cabs I've used before to disable htc messaging completely turned off htc messaging and it was entirely winmo., do u know of a different one?

EDIT: Could you post the EXT or OEM that you used to make it like it was in the 23544 build or tell me the name of it?

Last edited by 123sit; 03-15-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

It's either been HTC Messaging, or no HTC Messaging. When HTC Messaging is not cooked in, it defaults to the wm default text app, which breaks aspects of the phone tab and contact cards. And which cabs have you tried?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff

Quote:
It's either been HTC Messaging, or no HTC Messaging. When HTC Messaging is not cooked in, it defaults to the wm default text app, which breaks aspects of the phone tab and contact cards. And which cabs have you tried?
I just installed the Zenyee 1.2 cab that I had from a while back and it seems to have brought it back to just the way it was. When you boot the phone it shows the taskbar as white until sense loads though, any idea why that is?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

without looking at the cab itself, not off the top of my head.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Seems to have broken the unread bubble notification though...do you remember what you cooked in to the 23544 build so i could dissect it and see whats going on?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

It was no HTC Messaging, which then would be the default WM text app taking over the messaging tab.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

batpot is a n00b

Couple questions...
1. Could someone point me to the cab that fixes the glitch where the phone displays one remaining text message on the home screen tab, even though they've all been read?
...I know I've seen threads on this, but after trying a few cursory searches, couldn't come up with the right combination of words to find it.

2a. What does your Sprint Provision cab do?

2b. For whatever reason, your Sprint MMS cab was kind of buggy...seemed like the phone would get confused between HTC messaging & WM text messaging. I disabled your cab and installed a cab called:
M2.5.Sprint.MMS.Arcsoft.Workaround-CMYLXGO.CAB
...which works very well.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpot View Post
Couple questions...
1. Could someone point me to the cab that fixes the glitch where the phone displays one remaining text message on the home screen tab, even though they've all been read?
...I know I've seen threads on this, but after trying a few cursory searches, couldn't come up with the right combination of words to find it.

2a. What does your Sprint Provision cab do?

2b. For whatever reason, your Sprint MMS cab was kind of buggy...seemed like the phone would get confused between HTC messaging & WM text messaging. I disabled your cab and installed a cab called:
M2.5.Sprint.MMS.Arcsoft.Workaround-CMYLXGO.CAB
...which works very well.

Thanks!
1. Have you installed any other cab's besides the provisioning and MMS? If so, which ones, as certain cabs can break things. If you have read them all let it sit there on the messaging tab for a second or two and it will go away.

2a. It provisions your data and time zone settings.

2b. It's not buggy, it works fine for me. No confusion on my end. The cab you installed disabled HTC Messaging, so now you have some broken links in your phone tab and contacts, unless that cab fixes those broken links due to no HTC Messaging. All that cab does is enter the setting for MMS for the default wm text app, nothing more nothing less.

3. I never install any additional cab's just for the fact of answering questions like these so there is no interference of any other cabs. All stock MH Rom on my end with no issue's.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
It was no HTC Messaging, which then would be the default WM text app taking over the messaging tab.
Anything around the corner? I'm still running the Verizon test you put out on Sat and the dialer is pretty jacked and don't want to flash to the 3/11 ROM if something is in the works. I really don't need the dialer for the time being but I was just curious.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development