PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 11-2-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> *New* F.S.A deluxe ROM

Have fun

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

stevenuzi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yo dibbson, just installed your newest 11-02 rom. I have noticed two problems off the bat, first if you open a document from manila, when you attempt to exit the phone becomes laggy and you will not be able to return to the manila home screen. Second when you attempt to open a book in the ereader tab, htcebooklist.exe cannot be opened pops up. Im sure you will know what to do. As always excellent work, this is almost the perfect rom except i would like the footprints tab, but with ereader and docs i can live without that.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

The document tab has always been laggy, one reason I don't normally use it. There are some standalone ereader cabs available on xda. Try installing one of those, one of them should fix your problem.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:54 AM
tygertec

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Re: 10-2 Verizon Titanium ROM
Great ROM! Loving the stability. ^_^

Quick question:I loved the finger-friendly feature of 6.5.X ROMs where you can tap a pop up window to dismiss it rather than having to tap the tiny OK button.
I heard there is a cab/tweak available which enables this feature on regular 6.5 ROMs as well. Is that true? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.
EDIT: Doh! I just realized that the OK button is optional. Tapping the pop-up window still dismisses it.

Also, being on Verizon, I also have the issue where the data indicator arrows in the taskbar are constantly lit as though data were being transferred. It's not the end of the world, but I really do miss that functionality.
UPDATE: I'm trying out BattClock because it has a feature which displays real-time data transfer stats.

Thanks again for making our lives easier!

Last edited by tygertec; 11-03-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666

how to disable the rotation in pics and music tabs?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just wanted to drop in and say I installed your FSA rom this morning and like it a lot. It is stripped down so I can install what I want.

Thanks for your work!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
The document tab has always been laggy, one reason I don't normally use it.
If I open a document from the document tab in FSA rom, it totally freezes manila and requires a soft reset after I close the document. Something is wrong there. It happened both times I tried it.

Otherwise everything is great. I got the extra sprint manila tabs with no hit to memory.

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Hey dibbs so what exactly is different about the FSA ROM vs the normal sprint manila ROM? Did you just remove certain apps/optimize?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygertec View Post
Re: 10-2 Verizon Titanium ROM
Great ROM! Loving the stability. ^_^

Quick question:I loved the finger-friendly feature of 6.5.X ROMs where you can tap a pop up window to dismiss it rather than having to tap the tiny OK button.
I heard there is a cab/tweak available which enables this feature on regular 6.5 ROMs as well. Is that true? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.
EDIT: Doh! I just realized that the OK button is optional. Tapping the pop-up window still dismisses it.

Also, being on Verizon, I also have the issue where the data indicator arrows in the taskbar are constantly lit as though data were being transferred. It's not the end of the world, but I really do miss that functionality.
UPDATE: I'm trying out BattClock because it has a feature which displays real-time data transfer stats.

Thanks again for making our lives easier!
Yeah, still looking into that, it's dialer dll related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger666 View Post
how to disable the rotation in pics and music tabs?
There are a few CABs available that will set the registry for that on here and XDA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say I installed your FSA rom this morning and like it a lot. It is stripped down so I can install what I want.

Thanks for your work!
Thanks, glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
If I open a document from the document tab in FSA rom, it totally freezes manila and requires a soft reset after I close the document. Something is wrong there. It happened both times I tried it.

Otherwise everything is great. I got the extra sprint manila tabs with no hit to memory.
Yeah, once again, one of the reasons I never used that tab, too many issues. But for now, try installing one of the doc tab CABs on top of it and see if it helps. It's either file or reg related, and installing newer files or reg keys on top could help (or totally bork it, lol...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Hey dibbs so what exactly is different about the FSA ROM vs the normal sprint manila ROM? Did you just remove certain apps/optimize?
I thought that was just above the download link in the first post *scratches head*....... Besides the new tabs, I think there were only one or two apps that I added (nothing removed, would need to look at my selections dot txt (as I'm not currently running fsa) and I'm not at my kitchen comp for the file). SYS is the same as the last 21916 as far as optimization. The FSA ROM was mainly a spur of the moment thing that I ended up cooking because I'm such a nice guy The FSA ROM is not meant to be the official medium hill release, so it may or may not get the same treatment as official ROMs, but that goes for anything besides the official though, not just FSA.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

stevenuzi is a n00b

If anybody has a .cab that will fix the ereader tab from freezing the phone when a document is closed, please post! Rom is very stable except for the ereader tab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development