PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

fjgotgame24 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (12-24-2009) Medium Hill ROM's 6.5.3 & 6.5 - Sense 2.1 & Titanium

Alright, for anyone else thinking about flashing to dibbsons VZW titanium ROM...(this is the 6.5 build not the 6.5.3 build) took a few pics to show what going on with this fone. The phone is efficient, very good with memory, smooth and comes with basically as little as possible while still making the experience very good. (my favorite so far and you can always add apps later on...)

1. After restart the phone is literally at around 30% memory usage, quickly jumps to round 40 though after like 10 minutes, which seems to be perfect for the touch pro 2.

2. His utilities folder is the best, it saves me so much time from installing those cabs when I flash or hard reset.

3. Its for vzw customers obviously and it works great, doesnt seem like theres much data connectivity issues or anything like that.

4. I have found only one problem with this build and it seems like its for all his other builds as well, the youtube application when in landscape gets all crazy. However, the ability to search is still there and once you press enter if you go pack to portrait the new results will show wit np's.

5. The theme is the wm7 theme which really goes well with the medium hills background. Obv works landscape too, simply amazing.

Doing this review cuz I had requested dibbson to make a vzw rom (im sure others did as well) and he had asked to post a lil review about it. Nothing bad to say, its really good. Hasnt froze up on me or forced me to do a hard reset or anything like that.

*if anybody has a default wm dialer skin to go with dibbsons theme, let me know!

ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot6.jpg

ScreenShot7.jpg

ScreenShot8.jpg
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Thanks for the good review fjGotGame24 as I have not tested the Verizon ROM's, it's good to know it's running smooth for you. Thanks for posting the screens as well. You want the default dialer? I can make one with that, and the default dialer is easy to custom skin as well. Although, I could custom skin the current dialer as well, just haven't found the time yet. Got some good stuff a brewin on the stove also. Hopefully finish them up soon now that the holidays will be slowing down.

Just wanted to note that the start menu pic that fjGotGame24 posted shows more apps/icons than come installed on the ROM.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 12-27-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

any progress on getting the all contacts working?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

yes and no, lol. But... I do have a Sense 2.5 version thats going to be released soon.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

with the latest leo leak 2.5?

manilla 2.5 is progressing nicely.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

this is the build i'm working with. 2.5.19214010
Old 12-27-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
this is the build i'm working with. 2.5.19214010

thats what i just built a rom with a couple days ago. its the fastest 2.5 ive messed with. documents tab can be a bit buggy sometimes but other than that its a solid build.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

documents tab will b turned off by default in my build cuz of that.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quick update, Got 2.5 ironed out and running smooth. Adding my custom theme and what not touch to it right now. Sense 2.5 and Amber (update) will be released at the same time.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

janeth! is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i just wanted to say that your rom has been pretty sweet! ive flashed through different roms on my phone and ive been pretty happy with your...currently im using the signature series winter rom because i liked the festiveness and the added programs....but now since christmas is over i was wondering if youll be doing any other signature series anytime soon? i like your normal rom but it didnt have the extra programs like the signature series did....anyways keep up the good work and thanks again for an amazing rom!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development