PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mike542 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: [12-13-09][6.1] Anonymous Rom (Lead ROM?)

Sounds good will be giving it a try today!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [12-13-09][6.1] Anonymous Rom (Lead ROM?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Hey leadpoizon

2 things about ROM

on your first release I was able to install igo8, and text to speech worked,
with this new release text to speech will not work, so something was left out, text to speech does work with HTC stock ROM, so something changed,

Also wasn't there a calendar in the manila 1.2 ?

Thanks lionedas
Hmm, I'll look in to it, thanks for letting me know. As for 1.2: It does NOT contain the calendar. It's actually the version that is originally meant for the Touch Pro/Diamond, without a calendar tab. There was a calendar tab that someone at xda came out with, but it's not the manila calendar. You can get a working profile manager tab, and call history tab, though (Ported from HD, i think). Remember, the more tabs, the more memory it'll take up. TF3D is already quite the memory hog.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

leadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIPleadpoizon is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have been working on an updated version of the ROM, and if people are interested enough, i'll release it. Here's what I have in it so far:

+ Opera Mobile 9.7 fully integrated in Manila 1.2 and themed to match.
- Taking out kinetic scrolling for the few apps that have it. (Seems it's causing more harm than help.)
+ More accurate WHITE battery meter
+ Nicer Stock HTC-lookin' 5 level signal bars.

Hit THANKS please, or I won't know. ;D
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks leadpoizon

I'm a big fan of 6.1 I tried 6.5 for a bit but I noticed that it was a memory hog, ran a bit slower, and some of my apps were not working with it, so I gave up on it for the time being.

I flashed your ROM for everyday use, I like the green menus,
after a clean flash, I add Tsowen task bar, Music id, grovefish, and igo8,

Transparent sliding menu buttons on main screen would be nice,
finding out why igo8 text to speech stopped working would be another
and having a calendar would be about the only things I would change on the setup.

Thanks again
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Thanks leadpoizon

I'm a big fan of 6.1 I tried 6.5 for a bit but I noticed that it was a memory hog, ran a bit slower, and some of my apps were not working with it, so I gave up on it for the time being.

I flashed your ROM for everyday use, I like the green menus,
after a clean flash, I add Tsowen task bar, Music id, grovefish, and igo8,

Transparent sliding menu buttons on main screen would be nice,
finding out why igo8 text to speech stopped working would be another
and having a calendar would be about the only things I would change on the setup.

Thanks again
I'll look into the other stuff, you said, but here's the Calendar tab by D-MAN666 over at XDA. This is as good as it gets, because this version does not support the HTC Calendar. (Use Advanced Config to change the tab order.)
Attached Files
File Type: cab D-MAN666 Manila Calendar.cab (138.3 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

JConnabun is a n00b

I would have to admit that this Rom has been a breath of fresh air! I have tried many of the 6.5 Roms and always enjoy trying something on the cutting edge; however, I have recently begun to run this Rom as my everyday use rom and have been very impressed (not that I am someone anyone was aiming to impress, but I have been anyway).

Just wanted to say thank you leadpoizon for putting out a quality 6.1 Rom! Now I can enjoy using the phone without the delays and hiccups found in the 6.5 Roms.

I will certainly hit thanks about the updated Rom.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Here's what I have so far on the Updates to come:

+ Updated drivers
= Decided to keep kinetic scrolling (I wonder if anyone even likes it, haha. I do.)
+ Perfected Internet Sharing with Sprint
- Cleaned up Phone Settings menu in Comm Manager a bit.

I will be using Post #3 for a few cabs that I'm soon going to put up. Like:

~ In call-recording perfected and working. (Though, there is still one small bug, which is why I don't build it in.)
~ Profiles Tab for Manila.
~ Add the Calendar Tab to post #3
~ Transparent bottom curtain for Manila.
~ Transparent top Curtain for Manila.
~ Google Maps 3.2.1 which seems to work perfectly with A-GPS. (The newer version with Starring doesn't work well with A-GPS)

I usually make a custom build with Sprint Carrier settings built-in for myself, and this one is specifically for you peeps, so holla' if you need anything.

Just testing it out for stability and such until I release it!

@lionedas: I hope the calendar tab works out for you. It's hard to make the bottom curtain transparent only in home tab, because it conflicts with the 'background on all tabs' mod. I have updated the drivers on this one, so I hope IGO works for you when I release it. I don't have it myself (I use Garmin Mobile XT.), so I can't test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JConnabun View Post
I would have to admit that this Rom has been a breath of fresh air! I have tried many of the 6.5 Roms and always enjoy trying something on the cutting edge; however, I have recently begun to run this Rom as my everyday use rom and have been very impressed (not that I am someone anyone was aiming to impress, but I have been anyway).

Just wanted to say thank you leadpoizon for putting out a quality 6.1 Rom! Now I can enjoy using the phone without the delays and hiccups found in the 6.5 Roms.

I will certainly hit thanks about the updated Rom.
Wow, I'm flattered, lol. Thanks.

Last edited by leadpoizon; 01-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Leadpoizon

Transparent in all background tabs is great if you can get it to work.
I have run Garmin also, they dont have as many poi's as igo, but it still is a nice app. You must try igo8 though!

Lionedas
================================================== ====
It's hard to make the bottom curtain transparent only in home tab, because it conflicts with the 'background on all tabs' mod. I have updated the drivers on this one, so I hope IGO works for you when I release it. I don't have it myself (I use Garmin Mobile XT.), so I can't test it.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

SNYPE2K9 is a n00b
Re: [12-13-09][6.1] Lead ROM

i'm excited for the updates. using mightyrom4 right now but going to test this in the morning. hopefully it suits all my needs. hope for some frequent updates since 6.1 is just about dead in the eyes of the chefs.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

hellovx6700 is a n00b
Re: [12-13-09][6.1] Lead ROM v3

Best rom ever! Blazing fast and super stable! Keep up the good work!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development