PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

ya i don't have near 1000 messages saved in my inbox and i deleted them recently thinking that may be the problem as well with no resolve.

i did notice however that it is windows messanger that is freezing on me, not htc's. i'm sure the mix of them is whats causing the issue.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Imunalia is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Imunalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardbg View Post
Hi, I was hoping someone would have some ideas on this? Everytime I try and pair my bluetooth with stereo and it asks for password, as soon as I start to enter the password, it disconnects. Any ideas? Also, is Bluetooth explorer the only way to search/pair?
Thank you.
Are you in a vehicle using sync? If so turn off bluetooth, restart the phone re-enable bluetooth then restart your vehicle. Once it connects happily it should continue working. I think sync fails to shake hands properly after entering the correct passcode.

With my own problems I figured out what went wrong it was my fault everything works fine now.

For people having GPS trouble, be patient. In some cases it can take 15 minutes for your phone to get ephemeris and almanac data from the satellites even longer in poor conditions. Quick GPS is supposed to do this in the background so that there is no wait but it doesn't always work. The best way to get this is to stand in an open field and wait patiently with the phone point up. If it still fails to work you may have accidently changed the com port setting that the GPS is on.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

99SSCamaro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthewopr View Post
Is there a fix for this yet?
I don't know if anybody's found a way to fix the photos being saved in the wrong orientation yet or not. I'm having this problem as well. I've noticed, that if I slide open the phone, and then open the camera app, and take a photo, all works as normal. I believe this is telling me that something is blocking the auto-rotation in the camera.exe app....it's like it doesn't know that the phone is rotated to landscape. But when the slide is open, it forces it to be rotated to landscape, and then the photo is saved normally. It is a pain to have to open the slide each time though, so would love to see a fix. Not sure if there's a list someplace in the orientation config of "blocked" programs, so that the phone doesn't rotate when in that program.....could camera.exe be in a list like this someplace??
Old 05-17-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

any word on an NFSfan update?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lmvcorp is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to lmvcorp

Its working out perfect for me. I have bluetooth stereo in my car and the music streams just fine. the only issue that i am having with this rom is that HTC Sense wont load anymore. so idk. just check that everything is paired/linked up correctly.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

LF79 is a n00b

Anyone using spb mobile shell 3.5 with this rom? I've had a problem with the 3d email viewer showing two bars at the bottom rather than one (as well as text messages). Don't know if it's related to the phcanvas or some similar program. Would appreciate any thoughts.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, I'm running NFSFAN 1.05 and thought I'd share a few tweaks I personally use. I'd like to see your tweaks too, please share!

1)
Disable Auto-Rotation (it was breaking some games, Tower Dense & Flight Command):

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\AutoRotation = 0

2)
Enable my location in Google Maps by adding these two values:

HKLM>software>google>googlemaps
supports_extended_ril value=1
supports_extended_wifi value=1

3)
Disable Text message pop-up, it's really annoying when you're having a txt conversation and the on screen keeps popping up:

Goto sounds & notifications and goto text message, and uncheck show on screen.

4)
Make hardware keyboard shortcut for web browser open Opera instead of IE:

goto system tools, open button config. Goto menu & add key. Check "combine with FN key" and then press ctrl and then the SYM key.

5)
Increase video recoding FPS:

open camera, goto video mode, goto settings, and decrease brightness all the way down. You won't lose much brightness because the program compensates in another way, but you will get much better FPS.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there's lots more, I will add to this post when I think of them.

6)
Know when you've reached the 160 character text message limit:

Install the attached SMS-160-Character fix cab file and you will not be able to enter more than 160 characters into a single text message. You can always make another text message if you have more to say!

7)
Disable Mute Call on phone flipped face down (supposedly saves a lot of battery power, besides I don't think this feature works on our phones anyway):

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : FaceDownMuteRing: change value to “0″

8 )
Disable Data Connection Popup (Disables that very annoying data connection connecting popup)

Settings -> Sounds and Notifications, go to Notifications and select the connection established event, then uncheck "display message on screen"
Attached Files
File Type: cab SMS Lag Fix-160 Max.cab (1.3 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bobram; 06-28-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added data connection popup disable tweak
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 PM
N00b
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

msternig is a n00b

Thanks for the great tips and tweaks to make this ROM that much better. I have been patiently waiting for the 1.06 update, but it looks like development on the Touch Pro is slowly but surely winding down. Any ETA? Is it still coming? Thank you for all your hard work NFSFAN!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

it sure was fun waiting for this ROM release, i have a TP2 now and am just using the stock rom
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, I have some bad news to report, NFSFAN has told me he is no longer making ROMs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development