View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 PM
bobram
PPCGeeks Regular

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

Hey guys, I'm running NFSFAN 1.05 and thought I'd share a few tweaks I personally use. I'd like to see your tweaks too, please share!

1)
Disable Auto-Rotation (it was breaking some games, Tower Dense & Flight Command):

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\AutoRotation = 0

2)
Enable my location in Google Maps by adding these two values:

HKLM>software>google>googlemaps
supports_extended_ril value=1
supports_extended_wifi value=1

3)
Disable Text message pop-up, it's really annoying when you're having a txt conversation and the on screen keeps popping up:

Goto sounds & notifications and goto text message, and uncheck show on screen.

4)
Make hardware keyboard shortcut for web browser open Opera instead of IE:

goto system tools, open button config. Goto menu & add key. Check "combine with FN key" and then press ctrl and then the SYM key.

5)
Increase video recoding FPS:

open camera, goto video mode, goto settings, and decrease brightness all the way down. You won't lose much brightness because the program compensates in another way, but you will get much better FPS.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there's lots more, I will add to this post when I think of them.

6)
Know when you've reached the 160 character text message limit:

Install the attached SMS-160-Character fix cab file and you will not be able to enter more than 160 characters into a single text message. You can always make another text message if you have more to say!

7)
Disable Mute Call on phone flipped face down (supposedly saves a lot of battery power, besides I don't think this feature works on our phones anyway):

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE : FaceDownMuteRing: change value to “0″

8 )
Disable Data Connection Popup (Disables that very annoying data connection connecting popup)

Settings -> Sounds and Notifications, go to Notifications and select the connection established event, then uncheck "display message on screen"
Attached Files
File Type: cab SMS Lag Fix-160 Max.cab (1.3 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bobram; 06-28-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added data connection popup disable tweak
This post has been thanked 3 times.