PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111609

In any event, the only file I can seem to download for this ROM is from 11/15 7:53PM. Does anyone have the most recent?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111609

Ok... just a quickie since I just installed the latest ROM in the very early morning hours:

Installed and everything went well until I tried getting my location in weather to update. It actually rebooted TF2D several times. I then went into weather tab settings and set auto update (always have to do this anyway) and everything worked great. I also have appt's in calendar (and weather when I select a day and go to agenda view). QuickGPS is already setup. I use Garmin XT and it works. Restored from PIMBackup (My Phone does not do my Outloook e-mail nor call history). Turned off the screen lock and installed Pocketshield without issues.

Btw, I jumped from ROM #1 to this one... I skipped #2 and #3. I have a Sprint TP.

So far... very nice!

tsp
Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I think that is the file I downloaded. Let me check the size (zipped size)...

The file size is 141,585KB and the NBH is stamped 11/15/09 6:53PM.

HTH,
tsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
In any event, the only file I can seem to download for this ROM is from 11/15 7:53PM. Does anyone have the most recent?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ok. Last time I deal with this. If you are not going to actually read what I wrote. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT!

I said the way he named the files was amateurish...not "amatueristic" (is that even a word?). I wasn't calling Inda anything! I was referring to how he named the files that's all, and simply pointed him to another way to do it. He can go that route or not, I don't care. My god, get a grip and get back on topic.
I did READ your post. I mentioned in the First one that you said his naming was amatuerism. You just didn't read my first post. Go back and read my first comment again. (but you are right, you used the word amateurism...)

Again, constructive criticism is fine but your word choice can be a bit nicer... I don't think any disagrees with the naming thing, just the word choice.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:39 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well that's one issue inda has to work out - NAMING his compressed files appropriately. Take a page out of NRG's book and name the file with the Windows Mobile version+build date+version of Manila...the way Inda does it is amateurish, and not descriptive.

But yes, pulling down the link over at ED/TP - I am not getting the 11/16 version...yeah I embedded the link ...get over it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think Indagroove reads this thread.... you don't have to keep brining it up. If you prefer NGR's naming of his ROMS, that's fine. But I you are going a bit far calling his naming "amatueristic".
Quote:
Just calling it what I think it is, and I hope he doesn't take offense as I don't intended any - just some constructive criticism. That's all. I hope he reads this thread. After all, it's his ROM. He can take the advice and use it or not. I am just offering it to be helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
It would be easier if they had dates in the filee name.
Quote:
Ah there's someone who gets it. Thanks root!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensaye View Post
your point was easily understood but you didnt have to use the the term amateurish to describe the way he named it becuase it didnt fit your taste . In good tatse you should have just mentioned your suggestiion on dating the roms so they could be easilly recognized by all as most recent .
Quote:
Agreed, and my apologies. Again, I did not intend to offend anyone. Most of all Inda, and his work which is always is excellent!
Quote:
Hehe, you guys are funny!

So, believe it or not, there is a reason that I've been leaving the date out of the file names lately. I used to give each DL link a name with the release date, and then had to change the DL link is 4 different threads at 4 different sites that I support my roms at. I've been getting lazy lately, and now have the threads all point to ED/TP, so that I don't have to update the links as much. Now, I've been getting even lazier and figured that if I just leave the same file name I don't have to update the links at all. Basically I can just upload the new build on the ftp, and once the upload is complete rename the files and as soon as someone downloads they will have the new file -- no waiting for me to have the time to update my threads.

One thing you will find about me is that I often upload and update rom threads prior to the actual date. For example the [111609] release I built on 11-15-09, tested during the day, and uploaded in the evening. This started happening because I update so often, and has in the past had more that one update in the same day, so you do you name the roms then? I guess you could do [111609am] and [111609pm], but seriously don't get so hung up on numbers. Just flash the rom and see.

As far as being amaturisticratic, that's just silly. I've supported literly hundreds of rom builds at this site, so I may be sloppy sometimes, but I do have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing. I wasn't offended, just think it's funny.

Happy flashing!

Last edited by indagroove; 11-16-2009 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post

So, believe it or not, there is a reason that I've been leaving the date out of the file names lately. I used to give each DL link a name with the release date, and then had to change the DL link is 4 different threads at 4 different sites that I support my roms at. I've been getting lazy lately, and now have the threads all point to ED/TP, so that I don't have to update the links as much. Now, I've been getting even lazier and figured that if I just leave the same file name I don't have to upload the links at all. Basically I can just upload the new build on the ftp, and once the upload is complete rename the files and as soon as someone downloads they will have the new file -- no waiting for me to have the time to update my threads.

One thing you will find about me is that I often upload and update rom threads prior to the actual date. For example the [111609] release I built on 11-15-09, tested during the day, and uploaded in the evening. This started happening because I update so often, and has in the past had more that one update in the same day, so you do you name the roms then? I guess you could do [111609am] and [111609pm], but seriously don't get so hung up on numbers. Just flash the rom and see.

As far as being amaturisticratic, that's just silly. I've supported literly hundreds of rom builds at this site, so I may be sloppy sometimes, but I do have a pretty idea what I'm doing. I wasn't offended, just think it's funny.

Happy flashing!
Thanks for the clarification .
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post

...but seriously don't get so hung up on numbers. Just flash the rom and see.

... I wasn't offended, just think it's funny.

Happy flashing!
Glad you have a good sense of humor and thanks for the explanation.
I agree, just flash the ROM and see.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
This is the link from the place it downloads and read it is 111609. I downloaded it early this morning.
http://www.everythingdiamond.info/sh...ad.php?p=17060
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Anyone know how you get the smaller clear clock, like NRG rom has? I tried the t-mobile style clock that I used in 2.1 but it has no effect on this rom.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks good man can't wait till you get the tp2 man!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development