View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
cmajewsk
VIP Member

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111609

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Hehe, you guys are funny!

So, believe it or not, there is a reason that I've been leaving the date out of the file names lately. I used to give each DL link a name with the release date, and then had to change the DL link is 4 different threads at 4 different sites that I support my roms at. I've been getting lazy lately, and now have the threads all point to ED/TP, so that I don't have to update the links as much. Now, I've been getting even lazier and figured that if I just leave the same file name I don't have to upload the links at all. Basically I can just upload the new build on the ftp, and once the upload is complete rename the files and as soon as someone downloads they will have the new file -- no waiting for me to have the time to update my threads.

One thing you will find about me is that I often upload and update rom threads prior to the actual date. For example the [111609] release I built on 11-15-09, tested during the day, and uploaded in the evening. This started happening because I update so often, and has in the past had more that one update in the same day, so you do you name the roms then? I guess you could do [111609am] and [111609pm], but seriously don't get so hung up on numbers. Just flash the rom and see.

As far as being amaturisticratic, that's just silly. I've supported literly hundreds of rom builds at this site, so I may be sloppy sometimes, but I do have a pretty idea what I'm doing. I wasn't offended, just think it's funny.

Happy flashing!
Thanks for the clarification .