PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
I've been having similar problems too. And you are right, I didn't have these problems previously. I found a soft reset sometimes fixed it.

I do have a weird lag problem. When typing a text, often times I keep typing but nothing shows up for a few seconds, then it will quickly type. However, it only buffers about 5-10 characters and the lag can last for 3-5 seconds. Therefore I may have to retype quite a lot. Previously if this ever happened on other roms, I could just keep typing and it would eventually catch up.

I also have been having hardware keyboard problems where I type and nothing happens. At first I thought this was the historic TP keyboard problems, but a soft reset would fix it. I didn't think that was common of the normal TP problems.

Edit: also in the lag area, sometimes I will get a call and it wont show up the "incoming call" screen. It will half draw something but not enough to finish the page and I can't see who it is. I can answer it using the hardware button. Problems with lag described above I can live with, but when it starts messing around with the most basic phone functions, then I cant have any problems with it. I don't want a potential employer calling and I not being able to answer or worse - needing to make an emergency phone call.

Again, good rom but if this is the end of the road, I'll probably be moving on too. Good run with this one.
The lag during texting may actually be part of the hardware keyboard problem. When my keyboard started to go I had the same problem. Soft reset did occasionally work (not sure why) but after a few weeks of that the keyboard went completely. I think it has something to do with the spacebar being where the ribbon is to connect the keyboard to the phone itself. Pressing the spacebar makes it catch up.

Ive also had issues with the screen half drawing, including the problem answering calls, but i've had that issue with every rom Ive flashed including nrg. I dont know why it happens but it suuuuuuuucks. Definitely not a problem native to this rom tho.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular

snipper_cr is just getting started

I agree. I am certain that almost all (okay fine, MANY) the problems experienced by users here are NOT the direct result of the ROM, but the somewhat questionable hardware of the TP.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

im waitin for the new one to pop up.
is this even happenin??
Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
The lag during texting may actually be part of the hardware keyboard problem. When my keyboard started to go I had the same problem. Soft reset did occasionally work (not sure why) but after a few weeks of that the keyboard went completely. I think it has something to do with the spacebar being where the ribbon is to connect the keyboard to the phone itself. Pressing the spacebar makes it catch up.

Ive also had issues with the screen half drawing, including the problem answering calls, but i've had that issue with every rom Ive flashed including nrg. I dont know why it happens but it suuuuuuuucks. Definitely not a problem native to this rom tho.

I've been using this rom since it came out and works great! I just got a brand new replacement TP1 and installed rom 3 days ago, and started having this random lag issues. Kinda bummed since I just got a brand new TP. Damnit!
Old 11-28-2009, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: vzw

jaguar4002 is a n00b

guys i have the dumbest question ever.
i used to know how to add new ringtones using 6.1.
but now im not able to figure out how to do so with wm 6.5.1..
any ideas?

thanks

Last edited by jaguar4002; 11-28-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jplecko is a n00b

I don't know what kind of configs people are using, but those that complain about the battery life with this ROM are certainly in the minority. My phone will last at least 3 days (2 if I used it moderately), 4 with light usage. Maybe it has to do with the carrier? Radio version? I don't do much customization or app installation, so maybe I'm not a good case study. *shrug* Either way...installed this ROM when it first came out and I'm not leaving any time soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cellular South

nfaust01 is a n00b

k well this may be a stupid question but how do i remove groove fish? The one that this rom comes with locks up when searching. I installed the new updated groove fish and now it shows 2. The second install works jsut fine but how can i remove the first one that doesnt work? PS it is not listed on the remove programs menu...
Old 11-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

jlhalz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfaust01 View Post
k well this may be a stupid question but how do i remove groove fish? The one that this rom comes with locks up when searching. I installed the new updated groove fish and now it shows 2. The second install works jsut fine but how can i remove the first one that doesnt work? PS it is not listed on the remove programs menu...
i believe since it is cooked in, it cannot be removed, unless you have access to the kitchen. unfortunately, it looks like josh may be permanently m.i.a....so the odds of grabbing the kitchen do not look good.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

jlhalz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar4002 View Post
guys i have the dumbest question ever.
i used to know how to add new ringtones using 6.1.
but now im not able to figure out how to do so with wm 6.5.1..
any ideas?

thanks
u can use mp3 trimmer and once you have edited the file, you can "save to ringtone folder"

u can also use total commander and copy & paste into "my ringtones" folder (\my documents\my ringtones)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

anyone have a copy of pim backup handy as I did something and erased the copy of the program I had off of my storage card, crap happens, thanks. Also anyone heard anything new about EmpiROM or heard from Josh?

*** nevermind I was at work and guess the network wouldn't let me get to www.dotfred.net website so at the time I wasn't able to download the program, I thought it was the website that was down.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 11-30-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: found pim backup

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
empirom, rom, tellme, touch pro, windows mobile 6.5