View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Mazzakre
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
I've been having similar problems too. And you are right, I didn't have these problems previously. I found a soft reset sometimes fixed it.

I do have a weird lag problem. When typing a text, often times I keep typing but nothing shows up for a few seconds, then it will quickly type. However, it only buffers about 5-10 characters and the lag can last for 3-5 seconds. Therefore I may have to retype quite a lot. Previously if this ever happened on other roms, I could just keep typing and it would eventually catch up.

I also have been having hardware keyboard problems where I type and nothing happens. At first I thought this was the historic TP keyboard problems, but a soft reset would fix it. I didn't think that was common of the normal TP problems.

Edit: also in the lag area, sometimes I will get a call and it wont show up the "incoming call" screen. It will half draw something but not enough to finish the page and I can't see who it is. I can answer it using the hardware button. Problems with lag described above I can live with, but when it starts messing around with the most basic phone functions, then I cant have any problems with it. I don't want a potential employer calling and I not being able to answer or worse - needing to make an emergency phone call.

Again, good rom but if this is the end of the road, I'll probably be moving on too. Good run with this one.
The lag during texting may actually be part of the hardware keyboard problem. When my keyboard started to go I had the same problem. Soft reset did occasionally work (not sure why) but after a few weeks of that the keyboard went completely. I think it has something to do with the spacebar being where the ribbon is to connect the keyboard to the phone itself. Pressing the spacebar makes it catch up.

Ive also had issues with the screen half drawing, including the problem answering calls, but i've had that issue with every rom Ive flashed including nrg. I dont know why it happens but it suuuuuuuucks. Definitely not a problem native to this rom tho.