PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey100282 View Post
okay i need some help. i guess im more of an idiot than i originally thought lol. i have tried installing quite a few different taksbars, not for the taskmanager, i used that showcase option someone mentioned and it works perfectly fine. but i think the stock looking taskbar is kinda bland. i installed tsowens taksbars and when i do, it changes the icons at the top, but when it does that, the bottom loses the windows start button and whatever 2 choices are there if ya know what i mean. when i do that, i no longer have the option to hit the start button and remove the taskbar or anything like that. this rom is amazing and i soooooooooo dont wanna ditch it. any help with this would be appreciated

P:S i know its been talked about before but i know groovefish is a lil jacked up but ive downloaded everything and every option to fix it and no luck. any body else find a work around?

thanks again for your time everyone
Hope you got your problem fixed, but I wanted to make sure your aware that this ROM is pretty much dead as Josh has given up on it. they have some new and updated 6.5.3 ROMs out. I been switching ROMs myself and tried a few different ones, the one I am using now is Lunacie, very nice ROM and he's continually updating it, just wanted to pass along some info.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Hope you got your problem fixed, but I wanted to make sure your aware that this ROM is pretty much dead as Josh has given up on it. they have some new and updated 6.5.3 ROMs out. I been switching ROMs myself and tried a few different ones, the one I am using now is Lunacie, very nice ROM and he's continually updating it, just wanted to pass along some info.
Yeah I agree. Im going to flash energy rom right now actually. Its too bad too because I think empirom was the very best rom ive ever had. hopefully Josh comes back and updates soon because Id definitely flash back.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

Indeed, it appears to be abandoned. Still enjoying it though. Will probably update to a 6.5.3 ROM very soon. I read somewhere that the Energy ROM was brutal on battery life. That was a few months back. Does anyone know if that has been improved?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Well I don't know about Energy ROM, but I have used Haze 1.7 (good ROM and pretty good battery life), Cobra (battery life sucked for me and didn't care for some of the cosmetic stuff, i.e. icons forked up) and now I'm on Lunacie and so far so good with battery life and all the functions I have played with have worked, plus it's using Sense 2.5, and he's updating constantly, so thats the ROM I will stay with for a while. One thing I have learned in my short time on PPCGeeks is that you have to find a ROM and ride the wave until the Chef stops and then move on to the next. I agree that EmpiROM is a good ROM but without updates from the Chef you can only do so much and stay on the forefront of the ever evolving technology around the PPC world, just my 2 cents.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

Quote:
Well I don't know about Energy ROM, but I have used Haze 1.7 (good ROM and pretty good battery life), Cobra (battery life sucked for me and didn't care for some of the cosmetic stuff, i.e. icons forked up) and now I'm on Lunacie and so far so good with battery life and all the functions I have played with have worked, plus it's using Sense 2.5, and he's updating constantly, so thats the ROM I will stay with for a while. One thing I have learned in my short time on PPCGeeks is that you have to find a ROM and ride the wave until the Chef stops and then move on to the next. I agree that EmpiROM is a good ROM but without updates from the Chef you can only do so much and stay on the forefront of the ever evolving technology around the PPC world, just my 2 cents.
+1 on that. I've also been rocking Lunacie Rom this whole week and soo far I'm really liking it.
" for hitting the Button!"
Old 12-04-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (USC)
Carrier: US Cellular

snipper_cr is just getting started

Quote:
Good to know. While I have slowly gotten used to this rom and just getting it how I like it, I am jumping ship and Lunacie looks like a good one. Thanks!

EmpiROM, we had some good times but time to move on.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:35 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

if your used to the batterylife of empirom,your not gonna believe how shitty the batterylife is on lunacie.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAH View Post
if your used to the batterylife of empirom,your not gonna believe how shitty the batterylife is on lunacie.
Yeah, so I went to Energy Rom and had loads of issues, mainly with sms and mms which is pretty much the number 1 use of my phone. Switched to lunacie and love it. 2.5 is pretty cool and Lunacie removed the messaging program (htc?) from the rom all together so it worked right out of the box. Battery life sucks but such is the way with TP's I notice. Anyway it sounds like the cook isnt going to be updating Lunacie anymore due to his computer crashing (sucks huh) so I might be switching to a whole new rom at the next update.

Sorry I lied, Im using indagrooves rom! LOL

Last edited by Mazzakre; 12-05-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-05-2009, 06:41 PM
WAH
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

WAH is keeping up the good workWAH is keeping up the good work

i went back to empirom and will stay there until something comes out with equal or better batterylife.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

Empirom is the benchmark for all others, but I hate going back to using the finger-unfriendly UI.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
empirom, rom, tellme, touch pro, windows mobile 6.5