PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Sharkie like you know I am really noob could you please explain me with apples the 3th step? I did the first and second and I got the new folder but I need the third step.
I used The Diamond Tweak cab and the result after first and second step was a folder with Diamond Tweak 0.5.3 name and inside a folder with the name: files, app.dat and app.
What I have to do with this?
That's where you should be at.

Open up the RZ Kitchen folder. Inside you'll see and folder called EXT (first folder), inside that there's a folder called Baseline, inside that there's a folder called zzzzzz_Last (the last folder).

Click and hold your new Diamond Tweak EXT folder (the one with files, app.dat and app.) and drag it to the zzzzzz_Last folder. Drop it in there. You can probably just copy and paste it into the folder as well.

You should be able to do the same for any cabs that you have.

Then when you run the kitchen it should install it for you!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
That's where you should be at.

Open up the RZ Kitchen folder. Inside you'll see and folder called EXT (first folder), inside that there's a folder called Baseline, inside that there's a folder called zzzzzz_Last (the last folder).

Click and hold your new Diamond Tweak EXT folder (the one with files, app.dat and app.) and drag it to the zzzzzz_Last folder. Drop it in there. You can probably just copy and paste it into the folder as well.

You should be able to do the same for any cabs that you have.

Then when you run the kitchen it should install it for you!
Thank you Sharkie I thinked in that way but you explain me perfect.
What it will be the diference if we drag in EXT\Baseline\raidzero?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thank you Sharkie I thinked in that way but you explain me perfect.
What it will be the diference if we drag in EXT\Baseline\raidzero?
I don't think there's any difference. RaidZero suggested that I put them in zzzzz_last so they are the last to load and I'd be able to see what was going on as it was cooking. But, I don't think it matters. I think as long as they are in the Baseline folder it should be OK.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

what does it mean "if i want to baseline my rom?"
Old 10-27-2009, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I don't think there's any difference. RaidZero suggested that I put them in zzzzz_last so they are the last to load and I'd be able to see what was going on as it was cooking. But, I don't think it matters. I think as long as they are in the Baseline folder it should be OK.
Ok, Thank you. Do you think 10-27 nightly will have some news?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:05 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
what does it mean "if i want to baseline my rom?"
Something along the lines of leaving out a lot of the extra B.S. that Microsoft adds. It will give you a ROM more like Raid's official ROMs that are streamed down a bit. If you say no, you'll get all the extra Microsoft B.S.

I think that's pretty much how Raid explained it.

Quote:
Ok, Thank you. Do you think 10-27 nightly will have some news?
I dunno. I didn't hear talk today of any major changes tonight...
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Nazgul07 is just getting started

Would just like to say thanks so much to RZ. I downloaded the nightly kitchen last night and cooked my first ROM ever. It was very easy to use, and I even added some of my packages that I use. I am not, nor probably never will be any type of scripter/programmer/etc/ ...but your kitchen was SOOOOO easy to use. And it's running great on my Touch Pro with 23502. Haven't got a chance to test battery life yet, but it runs soo smoothly I don't think it will be a problem. Best ROM ever, first Kitchen to use. Great experience! Thank you so much
Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Thanks everybody! sharkie has it down. listen to him, he has everything correct. the only times it matters where the EXTs are in the kitchen is when you have an ext that may overwrite something in another EXT. for example, titanium CPR files: if you have titaniumweather before something else that uses CPR files it will probably not work as intended. TW seems to sometimes have its own FULL cpr's (dependig on who makes the package), and this is not ideal, it needs a little section of a cpr called a PLG (for use with appstar's ATPluginInstaller).. other stuff works the same way. like, sometimes newbies will put all their stuff in the first few folders only to discover most of their stuff has been overwriten by my stuff. It is just a good idea to stick to the last folder, until you get comfortable enough that you know the packages and what they contain and do. SYS gets processed first, followed by OEM. it is easy to overwrite that stuff sice anything in EXT will do the job. If you are wanting to change battery drivers (mine are just in OEMDRIVERS, in OEM - battdrv.dll and battery.dll [modules]) you would be wise to make a new folder in zzzzzzz_last called battery drivers and put your new drivers in there (in a folder called files) this way the old drivers are overwriten and your get cooked in. Also in this way if you decide you want to go back, just delete your new EXT and you will be back to using my battery drivers. same goes for most drivers except video drivers, those are in RZ_D3D Drivers in raidzero. just put yours after mine (it's all alphabetical)

btw, nazgul to get my banner to show up just put [img] in front and [/img] behind the link to the imaghe in your signature.

there were no major changes yesterday, I was working on the xip and sys upload scripts (which appear to have worked without issue) today I will not be in the kitchen since I am going to install win7 on my main cooking laptop

oh yeah: registry edits.. for an ext of regedits all you need is app.reg that contains the edits you desire. Sometimes reg edits get overwritten even though they are last, for this you need to make the reg into a provxml.. use the XmlToReg, I provide that for you in tools. then once you have you provxml file, you can add a line into start_kitchen.bat where you see the other provxmls called, just do the same with yours. You cannot edit baseline.txt directly, it gets rewritten every kitchen run. The reason for this is I wanted it to be pretty much transparent for the user to be able to switch between 6.5 and 6.5.1, without mutliple files. some 6.5 autorun items dont work on 6.5.1 and vise versa. hope it helps

Last edited by raidzero; 10-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I am a total noob to manila, but I am trying to cook in manila 2.1.1919.3517 right now. It was chinese, swapped out for the gen y english files and will see what it does. win7 is installing on m usual cooking computer ...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I am a total noob to manila, but I am trying to cook in manila 2.1.1919.3517 right now. It was chinese, swapped out for the gen y english files and will see what it does. win7 is installing on m usual cooking computer ...
OH S***! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! I just saw that yesterday for the first time. Anyone that hasn't seen it yet, go to the last page or two of the "Post your Touch Pro Today Screens" thread and you'll see a pic of it! It's gorgeous! Probably buggy as hell though, at least for now...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-27-2009 at 09:14 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development