View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
raidzero
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Thanks everybody! sharkie has it down. listen to him, he has everything correct. the only times it matters where the EXTs are in the kitchen is when you have an ext that may overwrite something in another EXT. for example, titanium CPR files: if you have titaniumweather before something else that uses CPR files it will probably not work as intended. TW seems to sometimes have its own FULL cpr's (dependig on who makes the package), and this is not ideal, it needs a little section of a cpr called a PLG (for use with appstar's ATPluginInstaller).. other stuff works the same way. like, sometimes newbies will put all their stuff in the first few folders only to discover most of their stuff has been overwriten by my stuff. It is just a good idea to stick to the last folder, until you get comfortable enough that you know the packages and what they contain and do. SYS gets processed first, followed by OEM. it is easy to overwrite that stuff sice anything in EXT will do the job. If you are wanting to change battery drivers (mine are just in OEMDRIVERS, in OEM - battdrv.dll and battery.dll [modules]) you would be wise to make a new folder in zzzzzzz_last called battery drivers and put your new drivers in there (in a folder called files) this way the old drivers are overwriten and your get cooked in. Also in this way if you decide you want to go back, just delete your new EXT and you will be back to using my battery drivers. same goes for most drivers except video drivers, those are in RZ_D3D Drivers in raidzero. just put yours after mine (it's all alphabetical)

btw, nazgul to get my banner to show up just put [img] in front and [/img] behind the link to the imaghe in your signature.

there were no major changes yesterday, I was working on the xip and sys upload scripts (which appear to have worked without issue) today I will not be in the kitchen since I am going to install win7 on my main cooking laptop

oh yeah: registry edits.. for an ext of regedits all you need is app.reg that contains the edits you desire. Sometimes reg edits get overwritten even though they are last, for this you need to make the reg into a provxml.. use the XmlToReg, I provide that for you in tools. then once you have you provxml file, you can add a line into start_kitchen.bat where you see the other provxmls called, just do the same with yours. You cannot edit baseline.txt directly, it gets rewritten every kitchen run. The reason for this is I wanted it to be pretty much transparent for the user to be able to switch between 6.5 and 6.5.1, without mutliple files. some 6.5 autorun items dont work on 6.5.1 and vise versa. hope it helps

Last edited by raidzero; 10-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.