PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
One more before you off... What do you mean "add the cab somewhere"? Like, anywhere in the kitchen? The actual cab itself of the cab as an EXT or OEM?
Yes, add the cab file itself to any EXT you like. Make a new EXT called cabs or something towards the end, then just add cabs you would like to install there and then make sure to add the lines to the baseline.txt file just make sure the cab file ends up in the ROM and the baseline.txt points to the correct place. If you do not set a location (using an app.dat) it will by default be in \windows.

EDIT: if the baseline.txt entry is pointing to the wrong place, and there is not a cab where you tell it, it will crash and the ROM will not boot.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Cool, I added a Cabs folder in my EXT folder and tossed in a couple to see how it goes. I think I got it all right. We'll see. Big thanks for this info. I, for whatever reason, seem unable to turn some cabs into proper EXTs. Assuming this works, I can just install them this way.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Cool, I added a Cabs folder in my EXT folder and tossed in a couple to see how it goes. I think I got it all right. We'll see. Big thanks for this info. I, for whatever reason, seem unable to turn some cabs into proper EXTs. Assuming this works, I can just install them this way.
some cabs cannot be converted automatically, for example, some with setup.dll (ones that run something, or show a message during or following cab installation) get messed up during the conversion process. For these I suggest a manual approach. Open the cab with a cab manager, I use wince cab manager. take the files out, make an app.dat by hand (just copy an existing one for the layout-use the file location in cab manager for locations) then export the registry (wince cab manager can do this too) as an app.reg for your EXT. sometimes you have to get your hands dirty with them.
For all others I have said before, my method is to convert from cab to OEM (using ervius' package creator in tools) then I drag that resulting OEM one EXT_Package_Rebuilder.exe (also in tools) and that is it. I delete the app.dat if it has only comment lines in it - personal preference. The way I see it, a bunch of useless files only slows the kitchen down (not the ROM, app.dats do not end up in the ROM, they just tell the kitchen where to cook the files into)

hope it helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Ok, so I've tried w/2 cabs. One was a wallpaper cab. A cab that will install the pic of my choosing as the bg4all. I put Wallpaper.cab in 19_Cabs in my EXT folder. In Baseline.txt I added the line CAB: \Windows\Wallpaper.cab. When the phone is customizing it an error box comes up and says \Windows\Wallpaper.cab is not found.

Is my Baseline.txt right?

You said make sure the Baseline.txt poiints to the right place. Does that mean it should point to my
19_Cabs folder?

I thought this cab may be one of the complictated ones you were talking about so I also tried it w/BreakMyBrickSetup.cab set up the same way and got the same error message on customization.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-13-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok, so I've tried w/2 cabs. One was a wallpaper cab. A cab that will install the pic of my choosing as the bg4all. I put Wallpaper.cab in 19_Cabs in my EXT folder. In Baseline.txt I added the line CAB: \Windows\Wallpaper.cab. When the phone is customizing it an error box comes up and says \Windows\Wallpaper.cab is not found.

Is my Baseline.txt right?

I thought this cab may be one of the complictated ones you were talking about so I also tried it w/BreakMyBrickSetup.cab set up the same way and got the same error message on customization.
paste the baseline.txt file
it should be
Code:
CAB: \Windows\Wallpaper.cab
for troubel shooting purposes, add the cab file to an existing EXT or verify that is indeed being cooked in by looking at the output from the kitchen, scroll up and see that 19_cabs was indeed cooked in.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

You're right, 19_Cabs isn't being cooked in. Why is that? I will add the cab to an existing EXT as you mentioned and see what happens.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
You're right 19_Cabs isn't being cooked in. Why is that? I will add the cab to an existing EXT as you mentioned and see what happens.
check out the structure of others, like, there is EXT\Baseline\01_system\* (anything in 01_system will be cooked in)
make sure you have a files folder?

just check the number of subfolders to your cab and make sure its the same as others make sure there is no _skip file too . I am off now...
Old 03-13-2010, 11:16 PM
VIP Member

So it appears, as you said, I was missing the files folder. I had 19_Cabs\(the actual)BreakMyBricksSetup.cab when I should have had 19_Cabs\Files\(the actual)BreakMyBricksSetup.cab. I know what you're thinking...Noobs! As always thanks for coming down to my level to help me get it right! Now I shall try w/the Wallpaper cab, that's the one I really want...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
VIP Member

Aight, got the wallpaper cab installing properly during customization! Bg is set from the get go! Changing wallpapers is now almost instantaneous where as before it took what seemed like forever for a new pic to load. Now I just have to figure out why that's breaking Arkswitch...

Here's the Wallpaper cab, if anyone else wants it. Add\Delete pics to\from the cab and name the one you want to be your default pic Homebackground.img. This will replace the one that I have set as the Homebackground.img. All the other pics in the cab will be stored in My Device\Wallpapers. Put the Homebackground.img in the windows directory. The other pics can be stored in different a location than Wallpapers if you want, just change the location in the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Wallpaper.cab (600.5 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 03-14-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Anyone else have the issue of the "Home" button sometimes causing Sense to relaunch?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development